New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I see that you're still using your circuit 10's. What happened to those gun metal OEM jazz rims ?

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    how much was the damage for the RP MTF? pls post some insight about that MT fluid sir. i might try it on my altis, syempre kay speedyfix din.

just been to speedyfix last week, 68k km pms. (missed the 65k)

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    I see that you're still using your circuit 10's. What happened to those gun metal OEM jazz rims ?
    Still occupying space in my bedroom as "kalat" That's only because I haven't been able to look for tires - and I never seem to have the moolah for them hahaha! Toyo Proxes T1Rs are out the window due to lack of supply. I'm considering Federal 595EVOs now, but I don't know which tire stores carry it.

Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    how much was the damage for the RP MTF? pls post some insight about that MT fluid sir. i might try it on my altis, syempre kay speedyfix din.

Synchromax might be a better fit for Toyotas. On Hondas the shift quality is a little rougher...I noticeably hear myself skipping the synchromeshes on shifts to first and second now and then. It's been there ever since (probably due to Aibo's first owner), but Synchromax surprisingly doesn't help it much.

To be fair to Synchromax, Royal Purple does recommend just using Honda MTF for Honda manual gearboxes on its website. Something about lacking the necessary additives.

I'll get back to you on how much Synchromax cost me. Just you wait

To give you an idea though: My bill was about PhP6150. Deduct the price of the oil change (PhP2500)...
    Last edited by Type 100; July 20th, 2010 at 08:36 AM.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Would Redline MT90 work in the box?

Mhmmm... Caliraya... might go there this weekend with the family... hope it's as fun as you say. ...it's been a long time since I've driven further south than UPLB (on that side).

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    *sir type100, the mags/tires shop in corner N.Roxas and Banawe sells FEDs 595ss and 595evo's. i thinks its the shops, on the side of dencio's. doon kase namen nakuha yung 595evo on our vios. 195/55r15 cost atleast 3k a piece last year.

i know a shop in blumentritt that carries feds 595's, but i wouldnt recommended them, because they're such a disappointment.

*sir niky would redline mt90 work on my altis? does speedyfix carry that product?
    Last edited by aejhayl17; July 20th, 2010 at 11:16 AM.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *sir type100, the mags/tires shop in corner N.Roxas and Banawe sells FEDs 595ss and 595evo's. i thinks its the shops, on the side of dencio's. doon kase namen nakuha yung 595evo on our vios. 195/55r15 cost atleast 3k a piece last year.

i know a shop in blumentritt that carries feds 595's, but i wouldnt recommended them, because they're such a disappointment.

*sir niky would redline mt90 work on my altis? does speedyfix carry that product?
    They may.

-

The 595SS, when we've tried it, is actually okay. The Evos... not so sure... the rubber compound is different... mukhang "pamporma" lang... not performance.

even better are the Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31s... I've driven them on the road and they're pretty good... haven't tried them on track, but feedback about track performance from others is also good.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    GTD merchandising could be the one that you're referring to ...

Got my tires ( ecsta spt's ) & rims from that shop. ;) And discounts was fairly bigger than what others do offer.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The 595SS, when we've tried it, is actually okay. The Evos... not so sure... the rubber compound is different... mukhang "pamporma" lang... not performance.

even better are the Kumho Ecsta SPT KU31s... I've driven them on the road and they're pretty good... haven't tried them on track, but feedback about track performance from others is also good.
    The 595EVOs I've tried seat time with as a shotgun passenger. They're pretty grippy around BRC. :D

The KU31s have good feedback, although I've heard of one caveat while driving around Subic: The sidewalls are supposedly quite soft and may expose the wheel rim to asphalt on hard cornering around SIR's Turn 1. A friend driving an old AE92 around BRC with the same tires had nothing but praise for them though.

Also those KU31 sidewalls are really quite tall vs. other tires in equivalent sizes.

Anyway I guess I can't go wrong with either of these three tires.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    The 595EVOs I've tried seat time with as a shotgun passenger. They're pretty grippy around BRC. :D

The KU31s have good feedback, although I've heard of one caveat while driving around Subic: The sidewalls are supposedly quite soft and may expose the wheel rim to asphalt on hard cornering around SIR's Turn 1. A friend driving an old AE92 around BRC with the same tires had nothing but praise for them though.

Also those KU31 sidewalls are really quite tall vs. other tires in equivalent sizes.

Anyway I guess I can't go wrong with either of these three tires.
    Well... the sidewalls are softer than your typical square-shouldered ADVANs, but sidewall flex can be cured with a tire pump and an extra 5-10 psi...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007

Sorry for the late update; I looked at my Speedyfix receipt and it quoted PhP700 per one-liter bottle of Royal Purple Synchromax. FYI :D

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Project "Hyaku Shiki Hamster": My 2005 GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S