New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Due to budget constraints, I regret not having modified my old ride, a 1999 SX8 Honda City 1.5EXi. I was still a college student then. I'm taking out my frustrations on my current ride, a second-hand twin-spark Jazz 1.3S.

Bits and baubles installed so far:
    May 2007: Pioneer DEH-P7950UB USB/iPod-capable 1-DIN head unit. Replaced a stock Kenwood HU that refused to play CDs.
    December 2007: Stebel Magnum twintone horns and a Momo Fighter steering wheel. Replaced a wimpy shorted stock horn and a sticking horn button on the stock steering wheel.
    April 2008: Rota Circuit 10 wheels shod with 205/45ZR16 Bridgestone Potenza S-02 rubber. Replaced stock 14-inchers with balding rubber.

I plan to keep this car for a long time, and already I've got a lot of other modifications planned for it.

Thanks for viewing guys
    Last edited by Type 100; April 5th, 2008 at 03:06 PM.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Thanks for sharing pics of your ride.

Are you installing a third brake light? I am planning to install one soon, diy.

5707:tumbleweed:

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    CVT,
    Yeah, that might be in the pipeline.

Actually if I had more skill with DIY installs, I'd love to install a couple of cargo area lamps in the corners of my car's rear hatch glass. Once the hatch is open, they should illuminate the cargo hold.

The GE Mugen Fit F154SC concept (based on the upcoming Fit/Jazz) from the 2008 Tokyo Auto Salon had these, and they're a really practical idea.

http://www.mugen-power.com/concept/a...4SC/index.html
    Last edited by Type 100; April 5th, 2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: added link to the Mugen Fit F154SC concept

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Your Jazz is very nice.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    ^ Many thanks bro

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    百式。 <-- trying to display the kanji characters (hyakushiki). nice car

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've got rubbing issues too... got wheels with a wide offset and I have taller than stock tires on my Lynx. It's a common problem on japanese cars, but just way more noticeable on the Jazz because of the low ride height.

So kasya ang 205/45R16 without rubbing? That's good to know... Am still looking at a Jazz as a second car. Just don't know what my financial situation will be by the end of the year.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Simple and clean. :-) I love your wheels..thought of purchasing those..but so scared of the rubbing issue.. hehe

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dang that baby is sooooo cool :thumbup:

You must love every driving minute in it

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hmmmm, fresh replies :D

FerioEG9Boi:
    Stik/Pow is that you? Hehehe
    Yeah, I have a friend on Jazz-City United who has these sick WedsSport SA-90s on his Jazz. Unfortunately they do rub on the rear fenders.

Niky:
    Yep, 205/45R16s fit well given their mounting on an "appropriate" wheel --- 16/17x7.0 +42 offset and above should do the trick. I had my mom and dad as backseat passengers and I had none of the dreaded rubbing. No need for a spacer to clear the "flange" on the front brake calipers, either. ;)

Bougartt:
    Yep, I really like the wheels, despite their disadvantages. Size is the most obvious, but the weight is more of a concern for me. The new rolling stock is 6 lbs heavier per corner compared to my stock 14" spare, so my fuel economy took a small but noticeable hit.
    The price of looking good, I guess...but at least you don't have to worry about fitment, because they're just perfect for GDs like ours. The Circuit 10s even look good as 15" wheels.

Memphis:
    Yes I do, thanks :D There's a lot more I want to do with the car in terms of parts, I just don't have the money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Project &quot;Hyaku Shiki Hamster&quot;: My 2005 GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S