New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    haha okay yan gold, tapos yung headlights i-tint or i-paint mo ng translucent green, parang MS na MS ang dating hehehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Correct! Glad to see someone caught the reference.

Like the MSN-00100 Hyaku Shiki from 1985's "Mobile Suit Zeta Gundam," I have plans to repaint this car in a deep shade of gold. That'll come in due time, though...

I got further inspiration from a friend from Honda Club Phils. who repainted his EG Civic "Top Secret gold." It turned out really nicely.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    For those who have GD Jazzes and Cities and curious about upgrading wheels, I'm uploading a few more photos.

The perennial bugbear of wheel and tire upgrade for GDs is rear fender rubbing under load. GD bodies require rear wheels that can successfully tuck into the fenders for problem-free results, which is why the proper offset and wheel width is critical.

My wheels have +45 offset and are a 7.0 width, which seems like the ideal combination for 16s and 17s. I gave the rear suspension a little compression by parking the car on a downward incline ramp. In this state the wheel and tire are still clear of the fenders---even after sitting my 170lb frame in the back seat.

Check the attached photos.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    looks like that rear fender rubbing issue is also my friend's problem, he has some Wedsports installed on his GD, yep it's rubbing like whoa

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    I've got rubbing issues too... got wheels with a wide offset and I have taller than stock tires on my Lynx. It's a common problem on japanese cars, but just way more noticeable on the Jazz because of the low ride height.

So kasya ang 205/45R16 without rubbing? That's good to know... Am still looking at a Jazz as a second car. Just don't know what my financial situation will be by the end of the year.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Simple and clean. :-) I love your wheels..thought of purchasing those..but so scared of the rubbing issue.. hehe

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    Dang that baby is sooooo cool :thumbup:

You must love every driving minute in it

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hmmmm, fresh replies :D

FerioEG9Boi:
    Stik/Pow is that you? Hehehe
    Yeah, I have a friend on Jazz-City United who has these sick WedsSport SA-90s on his Jazz. Unfortunately they do rub on the rear fenders.

Niky:
    Yep, 205/45R16s fit well given their mounting on an "appropriate" wheel --- 16/17x7.0 +42 offset and above should do the trick. I had my mom and dad as backseat passengers and I had none of the dreaded rubbing. No need for a spacer to clear the "flange" on the front brake calipers, either. ;)

Bougartt:
    Yep, I really like the wheels, despite their disadvantages. Size is the most obvious, but the weight is more of a concern for me. The new rolling stock is 6 lbs heavier per corner compared to my stock 14" spare, so my fuel economy took a small but noticeable hit.
    The price of looking good, I guess...but at least you don't have to worry about fitment, because they're just perfect for GDs like ours. The Circuit 10s even look good as 15" wheels.

Memphis:
    Yes I do, thanks :D There's a lot more I want to do with the car in terms of parts, I just don't have the money.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Recent "mods" on the hamster:
    - Work RS 21mm aluminum lugnuts. Anodized red, with keyed wheel locks.
    - Custom-fabricated aluminum hub-centric rings, done by Autoplus. Inner diameter is 55.6mm, while outer diameter is 67.1mm. The rings are 8mm thick.
    Last edited by Type 100; May 7th, 2008 at 11:35 PM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Akala ko bawal ang direct IMG tagging...hindi pala...

Anyway here are a few photos I took of my ride, with my new DIY-installed LED taillamps. No Photoshop alterations here, just a tripod and an 8-second shutter on my humble Sony CD Mavica.

A few photos of the install can be found here.
    Last edited by Type 100; June 12th, 2008 at 09:57 PM.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    wow! DIY ng tail lights!

read the blog... buti na lang hindi nayari yung pagkabit... baka maaddict ka na sa DIY after niyan. :bwahaha:

ganda ng tail lights sir!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Project "Hyaku Shiki Hamster": My 2005 GD1 Honda Jazz 1.3S