New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Good day mga MAZDA owners, I hope you can share your experiences with regards to the cost of maintenance and/or ownership of your ride after YOJIN 3. This will surely help others, me in particular, in deciding in owning a mazda brand in the near future.

Thank you very much!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleman View Post
    Good day mga MAZDA owners, I hope you can share your experiences with regards to the cost of maintenance and/or ownership of your ride after YOJIN 3. This will surely help others, me in particular, in deciding in owning a mazda brand in the near future.

Thank you very much!
    Posted this few weeks back sa Mazda 3 thread.
    Mine is a Mazda 3 2nd gen so na-consume ko na yung Yojin3 perks ko.

Here are some of the figures i've gathered, according to Service Advisor from Pasig..

CASA Prices:

80k / 4th Year PMS - Approx Php 40k under loyalty program (free Oil and Oil filter).

Engine Air filter: Php 1.8k
    Spark plugs: Php 1.7k
    Fuel Filter: ~ Php 4.7k
    Cabin Filter: ~ Php 5k

I think it's on the high side when compared to other Japanese cars.

Some would say na average lang yung price pero honestly, mejo natataasan ako. I buy parts for Nissan and Toyota from CASA and they are considerably lower.

Example is the CASA price of Engine Air filter. For my Sentra, it is less than 500 vs 1700 for Mazda 3.

Prices outside CASA - relatively cheap to average

Replacement Engine Air Filter - Php 350
    Denso Spark Plugs counterpart - Php 600

Please don't let the CASA prices dissuade you from getting a Mazda. Take advantage of Yojin 3 for the first 3 years then after that, buy your parts and have it serviced outside casa

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    IIRC the fuel filter is replaced at 60k so pasok pa rin sa Yojin3

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    after naman ng yojin, sa labas na ako bibili ng filters like K&N para washable. Sana lang may cabin filter na washable din. un oil filter hahanap ako ng fleetguard ayoko nun galing casa. Mas maraming magandang after market parts kaysa sa casa.

Sent from my Mi 4i using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    IIRC the fuel filter is replaced at 60k so pasok pa rin sa Yojin3
    Will have to confirm sir JohnM pero parang every 20k pinalitan yung akin under Yojin, check ko if mahanap ko pa yung service order forms from past pms ko, i think cabin filter was replaced every 20k as well

I'm not sure though if pareho yung service items/ checklist ng current vs prev gen

6. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Thanks Sir for sharing...I am looking at getting the CX5 MAXX next month. I really have to consider everything, especially the cost of ownership and ease of maintenance.

Quote Originally Posted by aRTie View Post
    Posted this few weeks back sa Mazda 3 thread.
    Mine is a Mazda 3 2nd gen so na-consume ko na yung Yojin3 perks ko.

Here are some of the figures i've gathered, according to Service Advisor from Pasig..

CASA Prices:

80k / 4th Year PMS - Approx Php 40k under loyalty program (free Oil and Oil filter).

Engine Air filter: Php 1.8k
    Spark plugs: Php 1.7k
    Fuel Filter: ~ Php 4.7k
    Cabin Filter: ~ Php 5k

I think it's on the high side when compared to other Japanese cars.

Some would say na average lang yung price pero honestly, mejo natataasan ako. I buy parts for Nissan and Toyota from CASA and they are considerably lower.

Example is the CASA price of Engine Air filter. For my Sentra, it is less than 500 vs 1700 for Mazda 3.

Prices outside CASA - relatively cheap to average

Replacement Engine Air Filter - Php 350
    Denso Spark Plugs counterpart - Php 600

Please don't let the CASA prices dissuade you from getting a Mazda. Take advantage of Yojin 3 for the first 3 years then after that, buy your parts and have it serviced outside casa

7. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Sirs, I know the battery is not included in the Yojin 3 but just wanted to ask, what's the usual life of the battery in your mazda with i-stop? The battery is a bit of a concern for me since it costs around 18K and has a mere one year warranty. Mazda is also partnering with Motolite for the battery and since its Motolite, if it only has a one year warranty, you know it will give out very soon after the warranty expires. You also have no choice but to buy the battery from the casa?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    OEM battery of my cx5 lasted for 35 months and 27k on the ODO before it started leaking.

Now im using an ordinary amaron pro 2sm battery, no master alarm or error codes yet.

Istop batt from casa is 14k and the amaron im using is 5.1k only.

Just need to replace the battery before the master alarm kicks in because only the CASA can reset or clear the error codes.

Sent from my QUEST phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by c_cube; June 25th, 2016 at 06:03 PM.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Thanks for your reply sir C Cube. Thanks for sharing. I thought we have no option but to buy the battery from the casa. I use Amaron in my ford also. Gave up on motolite years ago after they were giving me the run around when my battery died but still under warranty. 35 months! impressive sir! Sir, one more question, did you turn off i-stop for this or is the 35 months with the i-stop activated? Also how long have you been using the Amaron battery in your Cx-5? since its not a deep cycle battery, do you still use i-stop? Thanks again C Cube.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by candyman View Post
    Thanks for your reply sir C Cube. Thanks for sharing. I thought we are forced to buy batteries from the casa. I use Amaron in my ford also. Gave up on motolite years ago after they were giving me the run around when my battery died but still under warranty. 35 months! impressive sir! Sir, one more question, did you turn off i-stop for this or is the 35 months with the i-stop activated? Thanks again C Cube.
    Casa dont recommend using a non istop battery, so, use at your own risk.

During heavy traffic, i always deactivate istop but during moderate or light traffic, im using it. Istop batteries are not made for our traffic situation here in metro manila, will surely deteriorate fast.

Sent from my QUEST phone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by c_cube; June 25th, 2016 at 06:55 PM.

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
MAZDA Cost of Maintenance/Ownership after YOJIN 3