New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2016
    i-Activesense could've been standard. Only exclusive with 6-seater AWD. 2.2 diesel and third row AC missing. This pricing for a 2.5 NA is too much even with Yojin3. Mazda pricing themselves out of reach. Mazda Malaysia already has 5yr warranty with 5yr free PMS.

CX-30 totl already 2M for a compact crossover? Sayang. I'd just get the XV iS eyesight for 1.5M if I wanted an AWD crossover with active safety.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    This guy, Niky Tamayo, is he the same guy as Niky in this forum?
    Yep, same guy ...

3. Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Yep, same guy ...
    I see ... I wonder why he's no longer active here? I remember he replied to my query two years ago.

Going back, it seems that the price is no longer "competitive". I might be wrong, though.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    i-Activesense could've been standard. Only exclusive with 6-seater AWD. 2.2 diesel and third row AC missing. This pricing for a 2.5 NA is too much even with Yojin3. Mazda pricing themselves out of reach. Mazda Malaysia already has 5yr warranty with 5yr free PMS.

CX-30 totl already 2M for a compact crossover? Sayang. I'd just get the XV iS eyesight for 1.5M if I wanted an AWD crossover with active safety.
    Look at the Toyota RAV4, the TOTL model is over 2M already and it is not even AWD. Hehehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Look at the Toyota RAV4, the TOTL model is over 2M already and it is not even AWD. Hehehe

Rav4 is irrelevant in our market, it's not even made in SEA. Probably doesn't even sell 3 digits a year here. Toyota doesn't care, it has Innova Fortuner cash cows. Those alone sell more than other brands whole lineups.

CX-8 on the other hand is assembled in Malaysia has the benefit of AFTA. CX-9 FWD made in Japan was 2.38M less discounts already has a 2.5 Turbo. This could've been a seller for Mazda PH but they priced it out of reach. Or priced the same but with the 2.2 diesel. Just disappointing cos this could've been a great choice for CX-5 owners looking for a 7-seater upgrade.

6. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Rav4 is irrelevant in our market, it's not even made in SEA. Probably doesn't even sell 3 digits a year here. Toyota doesn't care, it has Innova Fortuner cash cows. Those alone sell more than other brands whole lineups.

CX-8 on the other hand is assembled in Malaysia has the benefit of AFTA. CX-9 FWD made in Japan was 2.38M less discounts already has a 2.5 Turbo. This could've been a seller for Mazda PH but they priced it out of reach. Or priced the same but with the 2.2 diesel. Just disappointing cos this could've been a great choice for CX-5 owners looking for a 7-seater upgrade.
    yeah 2.3m is A lot. Im thinking of upgrading my 2011 santa fe but new santa fe and cx-8 are both 2.3m.

How much is the discount on cx-9? Love how it looks but im thinking it might be too hard to drive on manila streets and mall parkings

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post
    yeah 2.3m is A lot. Im thinking of upgrading my 2011 santa fe but new santa fe and cx-8 are both 2.3m.

How much is the discount on cx-9? Love how it looks but im thinking it might be too hard to drive on manila streets and mall parkings
    The CX9 is not that big. It’s just a tad bigger in dimensions than the Subaru Outback and smaller than the Ford Explorer.

It’s more like an SUV version of the Mazda6.

8. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by trig View Post

CX-9 FWD was offered 150K discount when I inquired but I think those are run-out models. Drops it to 2.23M. Not bad for a large crossover made in Japan diba?

Width is 1.97m, PPVs hover around 1.85m on the average. That's close to 5 inches wider than the usual Fortuner. Length isn't too much of an issue imo. If PPVs are a tight fit in mall parking, expect it to be a squeeze. It's why I crossed it off my list.

Was eagerly waiting for CX-8 cos of its similar length and width as PPVs with the refinement of a crossover. Sadly crossing this off as well.

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Ang ayaw ko lang sa cx9, walang aircon vent sa 3rd row and walang lagayan ng tonneau cover.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Failed to check the CX 8 last Sunday Anyone test drove the unit last weekend?
    Very much interested with their AWD but sadly only two colors lang ang avail for now – White and Black. Waiting for red or machine gray hopefully next month may dumating

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast