New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    it's your money anyway, buy it if you want to...but for me, it's not worth it anymore, maybe just look in the second hand market

2. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by jun_mazda View Post
    sir have you driven the new fd civic? dba napaka-over rated ng civic at corolla.

a mazda 3 simply out features a civic peso per peso. sa tingin ko ang tanging lamang lang ng civic is the engine and transmission
    You mean the new Civic right? Yah, sure. Wala akong masyadong negative complaints except matigas yung seats.

I don't see how the Civic is overrated. I mean, sure some people may have bought it cuz its a "Honda", but features wise, I have to say that finish and quality are very good.

I'm not saying Mazda 3 is bad naman. Its also good, but point by point, I have to say that the Civic is better for me. That's why I think ok na ren bumili ng Mazda 3 now cuz you'll probably get alot of discounts/incentives.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    well pera mo yan. (kung saan ka masaya supurtahan taka) ehehh. do whatever makes you happy.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by jun_mazda View Post
    sir have you driven the new fd civic? dba napaka-over rated ng civic at corolla.

a mazda 3 simply out features a civic peso per peso. sa tingin ko ang tanging lamang lang ng civic is the engine and transmission

Hi, Jun. I did drive a Civic 1.8S and 1.8V the same day I took a Mazda 3 1.6L test drive. Initially, I was disappointed na kulang sa hatak / acceleration ang Mazda 3. Mahirap kasi na-peg ko versus the Civic's 1.8, 140+ horses (kahit naka SOHC sya), 5 speed A/T and my personal top speed of 175kph on North Expressway was in my friend's 1.8V Civic.

No question, the Civic's engine is fantastic, will outperform the M3 straightline (1.8 vs 1.6); dunno 2.0 vs 2.0, but I re-drove my friend's new black M3 1.6V and, hayop, nabawi ko rin ang first test drive na impression ko. Mabilis lang ang tapak ko sa automatic mode, it should be gradual and steady pala at first then sa gitna, mga 2nd gear, apak ulit a little faster. Zoom zoom na!

Despite the engine difference, I went with the Mazda 3! I only wish my budget could reach the 2.0 but it can't so I'm going to get the 1.6V (mid end). Right now, it's value for money versus the Altis and Civic. Ang advantage ng Civic and Altis sa M3 ay yung electronic PS nya. The Civic doesn't even have the trip computer/multi info screen that even a VIOS has. (The new M3 has that na rin).

I love the fact that not every Tom, Dick and Harry naka-drive ng M3. The fuel efficiency is much criticized by the people I asked around, but if you drive it well enough, it should deliver 8-9 km/l or 7-8km/l if you're usually in traffic. It's admittedly a heavy car, but, man... with the new mags, smoke tail lamps, whoooooo-weeee! Kulang na lang sa makukuha ko ang HID lights and the lip spoiler (haha, pati na yung 2.0L engine), and I'm set!

Can't wait to get mine sometime next week!

Hey, Jun, I sent you a PM, ha. About the accessory shops recommended mo. THANKS!
    Last edited by abejr; March 6th, 2008 at 06:50 PM. Reason: added info, edited stuff because it was unclear at times

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by abejr View Post
    Hi, Jun. I did drive a Civic 1.8S and 1.8V the same day I took a Mazda 3 1.6L test drive. Initially, I was disappointed na kulang sa hatak / acceleration ang Mazda 3. Mahirap kasi na-peg ko versus the Civic's 1.8, 140+ horses (kahit naka SOHC sya), 5 speed A/T and my personal top speed of 175kph on North Expressway was in my friend's 1.8V Civic.

No question, the Civic's engine is fantastic, will outperform the M3 straightline (1.8 vs 1.6); dunno 2.0 vs 2.0, but I re-drove my friend's new black M3 1.6V and, hayop, nabawi ko rin ang first test drive na impression ko. Mabilis lang ang tapak ko sa automatic mode, it should be gradual and steady pala at first then sa gitna, mga 2nd gear, apak ulit a little faster. Zoom zoom na!

Despite the engine difference, I went with the Mazda 3! I only wish my budget could reach the 2.0 but it can't so I'm going to get the 1.6V (mid end). Right now, it's value for money versus the Altis and Civic. Ang advantage ng Civic and Altis sa M3 ay yung electronic PS nya. The Civic doesn't even have the trip computer/multi info screen that even a VIOS has. (The new M3 has that na rin).

I love the fact that not every Tom, Dick and Harry naka-drive ng M3. The fuel efficiency is much criticized by the people I asked around, but if you drive it well enough, it should deliver 8-9 km/l or 7-8km/l if you're usually in traffic. It's admittedly a heavy car, but, man... with the new mags, smoke tail lamps, whoooooo-weeee! Kulang na lang sa makukuha ko ang HID lights and the lip spoiler (haha, pati na yung 2.0L engine), and I'm set!

Can't wait to get mine sometime next week!

Hey, Jun, I sent you a PM, ha. About the accessory shops recommended mo. THANKS!
    My pre-facelift 2.0R gives me 6.5 - 7 Km/L city driving.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    abejr,

Congratulations on your decision and don't forget to visit www.clubmazda3.org. Plenty of people would be able to help you there as well.

Yeah, I think 8-9 km/l is definitely possible with the mz3. That's what I've been getting on my 2.0R so far. (Probably because I'm a slower driver than most haha!)

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    I get 9-10km/l on mine. Just keep your right foot light and fuel efficiency will increase dramatically. For a car that was launched almost 5 years ago, it still can give you a lot of bang for your buck.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeges View Post
    abejr,

Congratulations on your decision and don't forget to visit www.clubmazda3.org. Plenty of people would be able to help you there as well.

Yeah, I think 8-9 km/l is definitely possible with the mz3. That's what I've been getting on my 2.0R so far. (Probably because I'm a slower driver than most haha!)
    Thanks, Deeges.

Already became a member last Fri, and I finally got my M3 Black 1.6V yesterday! Yezah!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    If you're planning on keeping it for around 10 years, buy a more reliable car. I drive a 2006 Mazda 3 2.0R, and hindi ako happy sa service nila. I may be an isolated case, but still... when you go to 2 different casas and they can't figure out what's wrong with your car, maba-badtrip ka rin.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by fras View Post
    If you're planning on keeping it for around 10 years, buy a more reliable car. I drive a 2006 Mazda 3 2.0R, and hindi ako happy sa service nila. I may be an isolated case, but still... when you go to 2 different casas and they can't figure out what's wrong with your car, maba-badtrip ka rin.

dude ano naging problema mo sa car mo? kasi sakin 2005 ko pa kinuha so far wala naman ako naging problems (exept siguro sa engine mount pero d ko nman nireklamo kasi pa simula pa lang napalitan kaagad sila na nagsabi sakin na sira na engine mount ko at pinalitan na nila). dude dealer ka nagpunta

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Is it still worth it to buy a brandnew Mazda 3...