New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    who needs superb handling, when the rest of the cars will avoid you for fear of.
    heh heh.

i prefer taller car, because of our non-superb roadway conditions.
    and because there are so many big tall cars out there (not to mention trucks and buses) you need a big tall car to give yourself (and family) higher chance of survival in case of accident

there's an arms race going on

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    and because there are so many big tall cars out there (not to mention trucks and buses) you need a big tall car to give yourself (and family) higher chance of survival in case of accident

there's an arms race going on
    sinabi nyo.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Make them care about what? Driving fun? Ayaw nga ng mga tao magdrive tapos ipipilit yung driving fun. [emoji23]

Back for the buck for most people is diesel, fuel efficient, spacious, durable, good resale. Hindi bang for the buck ang fun to drive. Pake nila diyan. [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk
    The BP is offering more of the other stuff & less of the said dynamics the BM/BN sold & sold so well. All that attention to detail, the safety blah blah & the upscaling/silencing of everything. Justifications for the hike.....But, not having turned the BM/BNers, a given market of loyals, isn't helping the current climb.
    Let's see if the more practical CX30 can turn that uphill flat.[emoji15]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The BP is offering more of the other stuff & less of the said dynamics the BM/BN sold & sold so well. All that attention to detail, the safety blah blah & the upscaling/silencing of everything. Justifications for the hike.....But, not having turned the BM/BNers, a given market of loyals, isn't helping the current climb.
    Let's see if the more practical CX30 can turn the uphill flat.[emoji15]

BP Mazda 3 starting price 1.3M. How many people will buy that vs a pickup, MPV, or subcompact CUV. Lahat yan mas mataas, mas maluwag kaysa sa Mazda 3.

The previous gen was sold during a time when subcompact crossovers weren't prevalent yet. Ecosport palang nun - and the Ecosport alone already outsold all compacts combined. What more today when the market is more receptive of small CUVs.

Tapos ano ginawa ng Mazda, naglabas ng subcompact CUV (CX30) na kapresyo ng Fortuner at Montero. Again, sinong bibili niyan. CRV diesel nga na mas maluwag, mas matipid, and mas may brand equity, di pa rin matapatan benta ng kahit MUX or Everest man lang.

Even the most simple businessman knows that you adjust to your customers, not the other way around. Mazda grew to prominence because of car enthusiasts in the 90s. Now there are very few car enthusiasts - 20-30 year olds today spend money on travel and experiences, not on cars. Konti nalang yung car nuts tulad nung 20-30 year olds 3 decades ago.

Pwede naman maging niche player - Subaru is an even smaller brand than Mazda (22nd vs 15th globally). They sell half the number of cars. Their strategy is simple - they have their Forester as volume seller, which funds development of the STi halo car.

Last edited by jut703; December 24th, 2019 at 04:53 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    20-30 year olds today spend money on travel and experiences, not on cars. Konti nalang yung car nuts tulad nung 20-30 year olds 3 decades ago.
    and the few millenial / genZ car nuts go for the real deal (mustangs, corvettes, lambos etc)

very few know or care about Mazda's history (Renown 787B 4-rotor) to make them want a mazda

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    BP Mazda 3 starting price 1.3M. How many people will buy that vs a pickup, MPV, or subcompact CUV. Lahat yan mas mataas, mas maluwag kaysa sa Mazda 3.

The previous gen was sold during a time when subcompact crossovers weren't prevalent yet. Ecosport palang nun - and the Ecosport alone already outsold all compacts combined. What more today when the market is more receptive of small CUVs.

Tapos ano ginawa ng Mazda, naglabas ng subcompact CUV (CX30) na kapresyo ng Fortuner at Montero. Again, sinong bibili niyan. CRV diesel nga na mas maluwag, mas matipid, and mas may brand equity, di pa rin matapatan benta ng kahit MUX or Everest man lang.

Even the most simple businessman knows that you adjust to your customers, not the other way around. Mazda grew to prominence because of car enthusiasts in the 90s. Now there are very few car enthusiasts - 20-30 year olds today spend money on travel and experiences, not on cars. Konti nalang yung car nuts tulad nung 20-30 year olds 3 decades ago.

Theirs is a conscious, focused, even stubborn direction. Selfishly, I'd wanna see them soldier on with their brand of durability, quality, reliability....& more, rather than go with the mass flow. Hopefully, staying different will be their survival key.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    and the few millenial / genZ car nuts go for the real deal (mustangs, corvettes, lambos etc)

very few know or care about Mazda's history (Renown 787B 4-rotor) to make them want a mazda
    Mas marami pang "car guy" na naka-Vios na naka blinking tail lights. [emoji854]

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Mas marami pang "car guy" na naka-Vios na naka blinking tail lights. [emoji854]

Hahaha...what about the flared, poked, stretched & cambered kind?[emoji4]

9. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Hindi "blind buying herd" ang karamihan ng tao. Wala lang silang pake sa kotse.

Kung puro car enthusiast lang market mo, malulugi ka talaga. So many people DON'T care about cars. Appliances lang yan. In the same way people don't put much thought in their appliances, most people don't care about driving fun or whatever - they want the most practical car for their money.

Ask 100 people whether they prefer to drive or to be driven, I'm sure more will choose the latter. In a world moving towards autonomous driving (or its labor-intensive counterpart, Grab), having "jinba ittai" as your central philosophy just doesn't work anymore.

A car enthusiast is actually a car salesman's nightmare. I remember this episode of an auto restoration/buy n sell show on Discovery. The guy was selling a used riced up Honda to a college girl and was about to close the deal till she calls his older racerboy brother to come check out the car. It was an oh crap moment.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatta View Post
    A car enthusiast is actually a car salesman's nightmare. I remember this episode of an auto restoration/buy n sell show on Discovery. The guy was selling a used riced up Honda to a college girl and was about to close the deal till she calls his older racerboy brother to come check out the car. It was an oh crap moment.

Sent from my SM-T825Y using Tapatalk
    Ahhh a villain?[emoji33]I like the flipped view better......buyer's ally & hero.[emoji4]

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast