New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i've alreday test driven the Mazda6 2.0L

power is a bit so-so for me, especially that it only comes in 4/AT. sure, it can keep up with the rest of the traffic but overtaking can be a bit tricky. but to note also that the 4 banger is very refined and smooth revving (as compared to the engine Lynx RS 2.0L, which i test drove back-to-back).

but the chassis is just so good! it can take on corners easily and is composed during hard braking. with a chassis this good, it feels like it is begging for more (V6) power!

but am definitely sure that Mazda would try to keep up with the Cefiro, Camry & Accord in the hp wars. am just crossing my fingers for them to bring in the Sport version (the one with the twin exhaust).

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    i didn't know that the 2.0li one had only one exhaust. though its not really needed for a four banger the 2.3li ones do have dual exhaust. and yes it looks nice too. the one in your photo is the Atenza 23Z, its just 18" wheels as standard. And accdg. to the japanese review its the best RIDE among all cars with 18" wheels as standard. anyway, here's a preview of the MazdaSpeed version of the 6 their going to release next year. and its Twin Turbo + 4WD. So its performance should put to shame BMW 330i's but probably still a tad slower than Mitsu Evo's and Subaru STi's

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We Spy: Mazda prepping Mazda 6 performer; '06 911 Carrera Cabrio captured

By AUTOWEEK

(All photos by John Johnson)

September Surprise
    Mazda is prepping its own entry for the Subie-Mitsu rally wars¡ªa 276-hp, 265-lb-ft Mazda 6 scheduled for a mid-2005 world debut. Spotted during hot-weather tests in the California desert, this sizzling prototype gets a twin-turbocharged and intercooled 2.3-liter four that is mated to a six-speed manual gearbox and sends power via all-wheel drive to 18-inch tires.

Based on Mazda¡¯s Mazda Performance Series concept shown in Paris in 2002, the production model should debut at this September¡¯s Paris show, carrying either the MPS or MazdaSpeed moniker.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmm..sa 6 parin ako..hehehe biased! why not look at the 3?? imo, better than the 6..packaged better and stuff..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    my coworker let me drive her Mazda 6 with the 3.0 V6.

i basically agree with everything mazdamazda said, except that the V6 really brings it all together with its straight-line, effortless acceleration and its ability to power out of corners.

i hate to say it, but power-wise i would put it up there with a BMW 325i. you might say that is BS because hp-wise it's more comparable with the 330i, but i still feel there's a power (torque?) advantage for the BMW 3.0L

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Here is motioncar's take on the Mazda6:

Motioncar's Mazda6 Review

6. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Had anyone here have news if they would come up with new line-up in terms of feature and engine come end of the year for 2005 model?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    got this from motioncars.com:

Mazda6 MPS: the ultimate zoom-zoom saloon

Mazda has issued the following press release:

Mazda revealed the Mazda6 MPS Concept to the world at the 2002 Paris Motor Show as a sophisticated high-performance saloon that promised the ultimate Zoom-Zoom experience, both in terms of driving pleasure and design appreciation.

Mazda has devoted the past two years to refining the design and technologies of this vehicle to fulfil that promise.

At the 2004 Paris Motor Show, Mazda officially unveils the production model due to start production in early 2005. The global launch of the highest performing, best handling saloon Mazda has ever built will bring the same level of ultimate Mazda6 performance to all major markets around the world, even though the product name may vary in respective regions.

Presented in Paris as the Mazda6 MPS, the new model will carry this name for European markets, Australia and New Zealand, while adopting Mazdaspeed6 in North America and Mazdaspeed Atenza in Japan.

The Mazda6, on which the Mazda6 MPS is based, was released in 2002 as the first of Mazda’s exciting new-generation vehicles as a car that delivers stylish, insightful and spirited dynamic performance. The Mazda6 has received over 80 global automotive awards to date while enjoying resounding success in the European marketplace.

Mazda’s top performing, best handling saloon

Mazda's own innovative technologies, including the newly developed direct-injection turbocharged 2.3-litre engine with maximum output of an estimated 260ps and all-new Active Torque Split All-Wheel Drive system, make the Mazda6 MPS the company's highest performance saloon.

Equally as important, the Mazda6 MPS also achieves a superior balance between high performance and everyday needs such as comfort, economy and overall value.

"Building on the highly acclaimed dynamic performance of the Mazda6, we set out to develop every aspect of handling, stability, acceleration and braking performance. The idea was to create a new balance between outstanding performance and driving pleasure," explained Program Manager Seiichi Ohmoto.

"All you have to do is take one look at the Mazda6 MPS, sit behind the wheel and press the accelerator to immediately understand the true spirit behind the product concept of sophistication and high performance."
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-autoindex

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    kailan kaya lalabas yun 2.3L dito

after few months, how's the performance of the mazda6? ayos pa ba? any comments? owners are you contented or wished to have bought another car? plans to buy a new one eh...thanks!

10. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    wala akong naririnig na bumili ng mazda 6

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
Mazda6