New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 222829303132333435 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi! Im new here. Just bought a second hand tribute, pero 2009 model. Nakaswerte kasi biglaan na kailangan pumunta ng states ung first owner. It was bought only last December. ODO reading ay 7,300plus pa lang.
    Im just thinking kung ano mga puede ilagay na accessories. Im thinking of buying fog lamps kasi parang kulang pag walang fog lamps. Meron pa ba kayo ibang suggestion just to make my tribute more "unique." Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by takehome View Post
    Hi guys!

Im new here! I'm also interested sa Tribute kaya I'm reading yung mga reviews ninyo at marami akong natutunan. Nagiisip kasi ako kung anong bibilhin kong 1st car, at Tribute is one of my top choices, rare kasi.. hehe
    hi takehome, good choice on the trbute...but i suggest you wait for the new upcoming mazda CX7....it will be out by mid November daw, I already talked with one of the sales consultant in mazda greenhills and I am going to trade my Tribute for the CX7.....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Hi. Hope this thread is not "dead" already. Anyway just want to share the fuel consumption of my tribute. (2009 2.3L). Please tell me if you get the same mileage. Basically, I get the odo reading, have the fuel tank filled. Drive the car at various conditions, fill it up again and measure the fuel consumption. Here was what I got. I live near UST.
    1. Purely city driving (from home to work in ortigas, moderate to heavy traffic) - I got 4.74 km/l!! Yikes
    2. Mixed driving (Home to ortigas, then went to tagaytay. Namasyal sa Mall of Asia, some city driving with light traffic) - 7.8 km/l
    3. Slight city driving, mostly highway driving (Went to a mall, went to Batangas very early in the morning, as in walang traffic. 108 kms in less than 2hours) - 9.2 km/l.
    Note that in the manual, driving at 88-90 km/l is the optimal speed to get the highest mileage to the tribute. I drove at an average 110 - 120 km/hr in SLEX and star. There was a time I even reached 150. Sinubukan ko lakas ng makina ng tribute. I could have gotten better mileage had I followed the optimal speed for the car.

In my opinion, matakaw sa gas. But I'm happy with my tribute. Masarap sya dalhin, hindi kasing tagtag ng crv ng kuya ko (2006 model). I guess bago pa kasi kaya hindi ganun katagtag. But I don't remember my Kuya's crv this smooth, almost car like feel kahit na nung bago pa.

Ganito rin ba katakaw tribute nyo? How about other SUVs kaya? Ganito rin katakaw? Rav4, x-trail, cr-v?

4. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by monro View Post
    Hi Mojojo, have you tried checking the wheel bearings? the dealer replaced mine under warranty and from then on the noise was gone
    hello monro, i have asked the dealer about this when i took it for its regular pms. the service adviser said that it might be the tires din and i am about 95% sure its the tires.

i had bearing problems with my other cars before and this sounds different; it really sounds like the goodyear tire i replaced on my sedan before. this tire even gives vibrations such that the dashboard buzzes because of it

we are using kumho and hankook tires on our sedans and its way much quieter and smoother than this *#$%^&* stock tire!! maybe a few more months ..... pag nabaliw na ako sa ingay ng gulong na ito ...... you guys can recommend any R70 tires??? that is quiet and comfortable?

5. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Hi guys, I have an issue with my 2005 mazda tribute, the actuator at the back starts to malfunction, i noticed it opens up with the central lock system but would not lock back together with the others.
    Having already the idea that the actuator would need to be replaced, I went to Mazda, small talked about the problem, and asked for a quote on a replacement actuator, was I surprised when it was quoted at Php 16,000.
    A system replacement for one faulty actuator?!
    they didn't even check my unit.
    This had me turning back home and try considering other options.

Any suggestions for a good alternative shop that fixes OEM alarms?
    or a shop where at least I could buy just the needed part?
    (if they offer free installation, even better)

Thanks guys for reading. Peace!

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmax21 View Post
    Hi guys, I have an issue with my 2005 mazda tribute, the actuator at the back starts to malfunction, i noticed it opens up with the central lock system but would not lock back together with the others.
    Having already the idea that the actuator would need to be replaced, I went to Mazda, small talked about the problem, and asked for a quote on a replacement actuator, was I surprised when it was quoted at Php 16,000.
    A system replacement for one faulty actuator?!
    they didn't even check my unit.
    This had me turning back home and try considering other options.

Any suggestions for a good alternative shop that fixes OEM alarms?
    or a shop where at least I could buy just the needed part?
    (if they offer free installation, even better)

Thanks guys for reading. Peace!
    hi, which mazda branch did you take your tribute for check up? I had the same problem like yours and my service center is in Mazda Greenhills...they checked the unit and indeed the problem was the actuator. The quote was 8k...but fortunately they were able to do something about it and after some tinkering by the technician the actuator worked again...my tribute was 4 yrs as of last month...now I just traded it for a white CX7...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    hello sherwintommy, the branch was mazda alabang.
    wow, the quote they gave me was twice the one they gave you in greenhills.
    smells like a potential ripoff to me.

maybe i should give mazda greenhills a call, just to check first if the prices of their oem parts have been "upscaled".
    but still, i'm open to other options.

thanks sir for your feedback.

PS
    ganda po ng replacement ride mo ah.
    I heard CX-7 is another sweet ride from mazda.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by enigmax21 View Post
    hello sherwintommy, the branch was mazda alabang.
    wow, the quote they gave me was twice the one they gave you in greenhills.
    smells like a potential ripoff to me.

maybe i should give mazda greenhills a call, just to check first if the prices of their oem parts have been "upscaled".
    but still, i'm open to other options.

thanks sir for your feedback.

PS
    ganda po ng replacement ride mo ah.
    I heard CX-7 is another sweet ride from mazda.
    hi enigmax21, ..according to mazda greenhills service personnel actuator malfunction is due to wear and tear of the unit....kaya dapat palitan na daw yun actuator...but 16k is too much..pls do try taking the tribute at mazda greenhills and look for james ....my wife is enjoying driving the CX7 ..safe driving to you....

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sherwintommy View Post
    hi enigmax21, ..according to mazda greenhills service personnel actuator malfunction is due to wear and tear of the unit....kaya dapat palitan na daw yun actuator...but 16k is too much..pls do try taking the tribute at mazda greenhills and look for james ....my wife is enjoying driving the CX7 ..safe driving to you....
    I had the same problem too, but I had it fixed at Rey electical in Cubao, they overhauled the actuator and its working great so far for my tribute. Costs around 1000 pesos

10. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by monro View Post
    I had the same problem too, but I had it fixed at Rey electical in Cubao, they overhauled the actuator and its working great so far for my tribute. Costs around 1000 pesos
    thanks a lot monro for the heads up...this will be helpful to other tribute owners who have similar problems with the actuator..ang mahal kasi talaga pag sa casa..hehehehe..cheers..