New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Hi, i have a mazda 626, 97 model automatic transmission and this is my first car, (thats why i dont know that much about car) im having this problem, that my car engine stops everytime i turn left or right, or when im about to hit a humps or lubak (meaning tumitigil lang sya kapag ngmmenor ako at d ako nakaapak s gas) but the thing is after it stops i just turn the key, put the gear to park and then start the car again, wala ako ngging problema kc ung car will start again ( d sya ng hhard start) i tried to bring it to some mechanics in novaliches (where im currently located) but no one can resolve my issue. Pasulpot sulpot ung problem nya, does anyone here can help me find a mechanic specializes on mazda cars old models, or anyone here encounter the same problem who can give me advice. i believe mazda service center no longer service this car models.. Im hearing a lot of comments, some says its electrical, p check ko computer box, fuel pump filter etc... Can someone help me please...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Only when you're turning? Check your idle-up and your power steering pump. Might be the steering is binding up and putting too much load on the engine, causing it to stall because your idle-air control valve is not responding.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    hi niky! thanks for your response. i really need a mechanic who can handle this, btw im a girl and dont know that much about engine ( lol). (but im learning) do you have any suggestion to whom i can bring my car to? the rpm is playing up and down before the engine stops, i only get to have it running still if i switch to neutral then rev, but this will just take effect for a short time after a while the car will still stop.you have a point with the power steering pump and idle air control valve, i guess i should tell the mechanic to check that, but still i cant find an expert.. i appreciate your help. thank you so much!

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    What's your area? (not address ha... Just general area. There are a number of competent shops in QC. don't know much about other areas.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    im from novaliches quezon city... u have any suggested shop? tnx

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Layo Nova. Speedyfix mandaluyong is always good. Speedlab might be closer to you. If you need just the parts, best to go to Mazford Banawe, they have everything for the 626.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by blue626 View Post
    Hi, i have a mazda 626, 97 model automatic transmission and this is my first car, (thats why i dont know that much about car) im having this problem, that my car engine stops everytime i turn left or right, or when im about to hit a humps or lubak (meaning tumitigil lang sya kapag ngmmenor ako at d ako nakaapak s gas) but the thing is after it stops i just turn the key, put the gear to park and then start the car again, wala ako ngging problema kc ung car will start again ( d sya ng hhard start) i tried to bring it to some mechanics in novaliches (where im currently located) but no one can resolve my issue. Pasulpot sulpot ung problem nya, does anyone here can help me find a mechanic specializes on mazda cars old models, or anyone here encounter the same problem who can give me advice. i believe mazda service center no longer service this car models.. Im hearing a lot of comments, some says its electrical, p check ko computer box, fuel pump filter etc... Can someone help me please...

if your car's malfunction indicator light (MIL) is not lit nor does it have diagnostic trouble codes, have your technician check the power supply to the ignition coil using a test light to the positive feed to it. find a competent technician and have him/her test the ignition coil power supply while the conditions where it stalls are replicated. there is a big chance the wires are brittle from age and it might be losing contact when your engine moves to react to torque or g-force

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Philippones. No such thing as a MIL here for 90s Mazdas. Even our Lynx/Protege has no CEL light.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try the shops at roosevelt ave pantranco area, dun kami nagpapagawa nung may mazda 323 pa kami. '97 626 engine is quite basic same as that of the 323, kayang-kaya nila yan dun. meron sa pantranco mismo in front of PMI, meron din dun sa pagliko coming from frisco, right side sa tapat ng old house ni FPJ.

tip: magsama ka ng guy pag pupunta ka sa car repair shop. they tend to be more honest when there's a guy with you, until such time that you get to learn more of the ins and outs of car repair. alam mo naman na "it's more fun in the philippines".
    Last edited by yebo; September 21st, 2012 at 09:42 AM.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    thank you.. will got here siguro for parts pg na chek na i got another reply a shop from qc, i might go there as well.. hassle kc ung bglang tumitigil oto, kahit n ng start din naman agad. kainis p rin. hassle p kc pg traffic dun nya mas fell magtigil tigil. Hay. Thanks niky!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
mazda 626 97 model problem- car stops while driving