New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    actually there is no liight indicator or anything. The car just stops, engine stops and when u started it again it will, no hard start eversince. I have my electrician check all wirings and power supply and he said its all good. I agree with niky that it might be the steering pump, i believe GM cars had this advertisement about that common problem GM cars are encountering just last week. Thanks for the advice.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Thank you so much! such a big help! ill try to go there this weekend. and yes thanks for the tip, i really need to go there with a guy, i know its a suicide going there alone ( i dont know anything, even make tawad with the price) hahaha. Thank you so much! will surely go there. Thanks thanks!

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    do you think i need a computer box diagnosis here? Thats what other people's suggestion eh...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Philippones. No such thing as a MIL here for 90s Mazdas. Even our Lynx/Protege has no CEL light.
    do you think i need a computer box diagnosis here? Thats what other people's suggestion eh...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    try the shops at roosevelt ave pantranco area, dun kami nagpapagawa nung may mazda 323 pa kami. '97 626 engine is quite basic same as that of the 323, kayang-kaya nila yan dun. meron sa pantranco mismo in front of PMI, meron din dun sa pagliko coming from frisco, right side sa tapat ng old house ni FPJ.

tip: magsama ka ng guy pag pupunta ka sa car repair shop. they tend to be more honest when there's a guy with you, until such time that you get to learn more of the ins and outs of car repair. alam mo naman na "it's more fun in the philippines".

Thank you so much! such a big help! ill try to go there this weekend. and yes thanks for the tip, i really need to go there with a guy, i know its a suicide going there alone ( i dont know anything, even make tawad with the price) hahaha. Thank you so much! will surely go there. Thanks thanks!

6. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jick.cejoco View Post
    if your car's malfunction indicator light (MIL) is not lit nor does it have diagnostic trouble codes, have your technician check the power supply to the ignition coil using a test light to the positive feed to it. find a competent technician and have him/her test the ignition coil power supply while the conditions where it stalls are replicated. there is a big chance the wires are brittle from age and it might be losing contact when your engine moves to react to torque or g-force

actually there is no liight indicator or anything. The car just stops, engine stops and when u started it again it will, no hard start eversince. I have my electrician check all wirings and power supply and he said its all good. I agree with niky that it might be the steering pump, i believe GM cars had this advertisement about that common problem GM cars are encountering just last week. Thanks for the advice.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    Layo Nova. Speedyfix mandaluyong is always good. Speedlab might be closer to you. If you need just the parts, best to go to Mazford Banawe, they have everything for the 626.
    thank you.. will got here siguro for parts pg na chek na i got another reply a shop from qc, i might go there as well..im working at ortigas so i think speedyfix is quiet near... hassle kc ung bglang tumitigil oto, kahit n ng start din naman agad. kainis p rin. hassle p kc pg traffic dun nya mas fell magtigil tigil. Hay. Thanks niky!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
mazda 626 97 model problem- car stops while driving