New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Start-stop dumbest system ever. Sacrifices the longevity of your car and the comfort of the occupants, all to save a literal teaspoon of fuel. I blame unrealistic targets set by the EPA, CARB and the EU. Manufacturers are scrambling for every little bit of MPG they can get, even when the measures to get there are clearly detrimental to the car and customer.
    Exactly. Stayed clear of iStop & CVT.CX-3 Battery replacement

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    Start-stop dumbest system ever. Sacrifices the longevity of your car and the comfort of the occupants, all to save a literal teaspoon of fuel. I blame unrealistic targets set by the EPA, CARB and the EU. Manufacturers are scrambling for every little bit of MPG they can get, even when the measures to get there are clearly detrimental to the car and customer.
    True, add to that the stupid cost of EFBs needed for start-stop. Good thing you can install a regular battery and just switch off i-stop. EFBs are pointless if you don't use the feature.

Funny enough, CX-9s sold here are not equipped with i-stop . Could've done away with it for the rest of the lineup, but marketing right?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakwatsero View Post
    Funny enough, CX-9s sold here are not equipped with i-stop . Could've done away with it for the rest of the lineup, but marketing right?
    I also thought twas Marketing...Apparently not.... Ph doesn't get to dictate...did try though.CX-3 Battery replacement
    Bermaz was able to squeeze USDM CX9s coz those were really meant for that market..... & a limited supply of facelift GVC-equipped USDM CX3s as fillers. Their kodos are iStop-less.
    We get the 3s, 6s, CX30s Jp makes for other LHD regions...Malaysian CX5s, too...all in production come w/ iStop. The basic difference between ours & europe's are the lower octane fuel tune & compression.
    Marketing just spins the feature an advantage.....Well, why can't we just play along being Earth-friendly earthlings?CX-3 Battery replacement

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    So it means cars with SSV charging system is different? And can cause premature failure of regular battery
    Alam ko they have the same charging system. The differences is in the how the battery maintains durability despite partial state of charge.
    The same reason siguro why we have to "top up" is because due to heavy loads, we tend to park our cars in a partial state of load, despite being a EFB, is still vulnerable to faster wear and tear...

That's kinda the way I understand it...

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Archerfish View Post
    The greatest complaint I can say is the "fragile" paint of newer cars. According to the guys from the US, their Toyotas and Hondas have thin paints that it will crumble with a blow of wind!

it's done for environmental reasons ... blame this on the green lobby groups ...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelson de Leon View Post
    Alam ko they have the same charging system. The differences is in the how the battery maintains durability despite partial state of charge.
    The same reason siguro why we have to "top up" is because due to heavy loads, we tend to park our cars in a partial state of load, despite being a EFB, is still vulnerable to faster wear and tear...

That's kinda the way I understand it...

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk
    it looks like that re-starting power of the engine during i-stop will be coming from the e-loop system charged by the alternator when slowing down. Battery will support the demands of the vehicle power during i-stop operation thus an EFB was required since the vehicle will use battery power even though the battery is not yet fully charged. based on my observation, i-stop activates in just a few minutes after starting the car even though the battery is not yet fully charged.

with this in mind, i simply turn off the i-stop upon starting the car.. also i'm not used to the engine turning off while in traffic.. i thought the car stalled and died on me.. hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    it's done for environmental reasons ... blame this on the green lobby groups ...
    i think its an initiative of the manufacturer to lower down costs.. paint is really on the other shell only, when you check on the inside edges.. you can only see the paint primer..

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    i think its an initiative of the manufacturer to lower down costs.. paint is really on the other shell only, when you check on the inside edges.. you can only see the paint primer..
    As Walter said, blame it on Euro regulations & programs. (Look into how Suzuki has to pull the Jimny out of Europe.)
    I did ask the same questions....about market-catering & cost-lowering. I got a production perspective answer....
    Mazda is a pretty small player w/ limited production capacity. Retooling the line to serve stripped down specs of tiny markets like ours may only throw deliveries out of Japan off. Macro vs micro.
    I recall the wait for the BM. It was long. Demand was high, delivery was limited...& they were serving standard. Imagine, had they served custom.
    So, what is it we really want? Toyota gives us bare Ph spec'd units, we rant. We got served global spec'd kodos....we still complain. Haha.CX-3 Battery replacement

9. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    So, what is it we really want? Toyota gives us bare Ph spec'd units, we rant. We got served global spec'd kodos....we still complain. Haha.CX-3 Battery replacement
    Toyota PH spec'd units. No complaints here.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Toyota PH spec'd units. No complaints here.
    Blessed are the grateful, sir!CX-3 Battery replacementCX-3 Battery replacementCX-3 Battery replacement

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast