New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    actually may market naman.. very small nga lang. i know some people are waiting to get a unit.. the power roof is one of the fastest in the market. although i find it a bit under-powered and over-priced

then again, some of those buyers are buying the looks.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I think because of the tropical climate

and the tens of thousands surplus diesel engines

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Underpowered is relative. People pay between 1.8 to 2 million bucks for European cars with puny little engines and no interior space...

Ford/Mazda should put its cajones where its mouth is... Nissan brought in the 350Z and the Murano, despite the extreme lack of market for these vehicles, purely as a marketing exercise.

Mazda, which prides itself as a "sporty" car maker, could use that kind of mojo... the kind they'd get from having halo cars that scream "sporty" and "upmarket".

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    People pay between 1.8 to 2 million bucks for European cars with puny little engines and no interior space...
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA! In some cases they pay more than double that amount, dude ;)

As for the Miata/MX-5...anyone who calls it underpowered really doesn't get the point of the car. The MX-5 was and never will be about power. It's about balance---adequate engine meets FR chassis and neutral handling any driver of any skill level can enjoy.

Let's face it, compared to 90% of the cars on sale in the Philippines, it's essentially a toy.

Nissan brought its 350Z and Murano, Honda brought a few S2000s...I'd like to see the third-generation MX-5 brought in here also. "Zoom-zoom" feels like an empty promise without the roadster everyone likes.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    The Miata is perceived as mostly a convertible which is why Mazda probably thought it isn't well-suited to the Philippine climate with her tropical rains and heat.

It is very popular here in the dry dry desert climate with over 300 days of rain-free sunshine, along with great roads to drive them in. There's big numbers of Miatas here along with the Pontiac Solstice and Mustang convertibles.

They do have to share roads with huge SUV's and pickups. After seeing that blue Miata get its rear side flattened by a raised pickup truck (failure to see?), I don't know if I want to be in one. I felt sorry for that Miata driver.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 6th, 2008 at 02:44 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Here, the Murano is perceived nothing more than a crossover SUV in the same class as the Santa Fe and Outlander. Nissan's premium crossover is an Infiniti.

Here, the Murano seems to be the most popular of the crossovers both domestic and imported.*

This place crawls with Muranos and Altimas. It's almost sickening.

*I take that back. The Ford Edge seems to be doing quite well too.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; January 6th, 2008 at 02:51 AM.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    coz Miata's are gay! hehehe, JK!!! (I know Miata's are good cars (platform) for Auto-X!!.. but I still think that they are gay!! hehe)

anywayz, I think that Miata's looks good on Women.

aite, peace.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    minsan mo lng nmn mgagamit top down.. sa tindi na polusyon dito.. sa out of town trips lng ok sya.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by MAXBUWAYA View Post
    I think because of the tropical climate

and the tens of thousands surplus diesel engines

What i meannt was NEGLECTED diesel engines. lalo na sa mga bus. hehehehe

And yup if the Miata is available here

It would be the choice of gay office workers

(Not that theres anything wrong with it)

10. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    nyahahaha. Pero seriously, 1 thing i noticed is that both miatas here in Iloilo City are owned by the third ***.

Imagine driving your miata then a sudden downpour happens, di panaman masyadong user friendly ang canvas top magkabit.Basa ka pa rin.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Bakit hindi binalik sa pinas yung miata?