New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 321 of 448 FirstFirst ... 221271311317318319320321322323324325331371421 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4472
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Yeah by definition, a silver lining is a bright spot in an otherwise gloomy situation.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    No argument there, sir. Perspectives differ. Some just drive, some just tinker & some love & can't separate both. Unfortunately, I fall in the last group, sir.[emoji17]

2. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    No argument there, sir. Perspectives differ. Some just drive, some just tinker & some love & can't separate both. Unfortunately, I fall in the last group, sir.[emoji17]

From gen 1 to gen 3 the Mazda 3 has always been about driving dynamics. I love driving my Mazda 3 even if it has awful NVH (worse than our Vios lol).

Even the lame excuse of NVH seems like a bad omen. The market for the Mazda 3 has never cared much about NVH as they have for its driving dynamics. Why are they suddenly prioritizing that? In fact the press releases from Mazda all talk about NVH and nothing specific to handling.

The broad market that cares about NVH also cares about space, dealer network, and parts availability. Things that Toyota is very good at. Doesn't seem right for Mazda to go head on in that field when it fills a perfectly good niche as the best handling car in the segment.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    From gen 1 to gen 3 the Mazda 3 has always been about driving dynamics. I love driving my Mazda 3 even if it has awful NVH (worse than our Vios lol).

Even the lame excuse of NVH seems like a bad omen. The market for the Mazda 3 has never cared much about NVH as they have for its driving dynamics. Why are they suddenly prioritizing that? In fact the press releases from Mazda all talk about NVH and nothing specific to handling.

The broad market that cares about NVH also cares about space, dealer network, and parts availability. Things that Toyota is very good at. Doesn't seem right for Mazda to go head on in that field when it fills a perfectly good niche as the best handling car in the segment.

They've always been this rebellious lil badge. From rotaries to refusing downsized forced induction 4bangers, hybrids & what have you. They went all in w/ Skyactiv & X development w/o Ford's knowledge...giving combustion & the brand a new lease.
    They might be shifting.... to everything Mazda isn't.....coz everyone has become more them. Always the lil rebel. Don't you see?[emoji41]

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They've always been this rebellious lil badge. From rotaries to refusing downsized forced induction 4bangers, hybrids & what have you. They went all in w/ Skyactiv & X development w/o Ford's knowledge...giving combustion & the brand a new lease.
    They might be shifting.... to everything Mazda isn't.....coz everyone has become more them. Always the lil rebel. Don't you see?[emoji41]

By pursuing NVH like everyone else does?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    By pursuing NVH like everyone else does?

NVH could've been addressed by deadening, like everyone else does...but that's added dead weight. UnMazda. UnSkyactiv. With the beam, it gets to shave weight, cost & maintenance. Would people buy or not buy mainly because of the beam? I doubt it'll even come close a factor to the CVT or the DPF.
    Like you, sir, I'm curious with the same questions. Hope the new 3 answers em well.[emoji4]

6. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    For those who are not familiar with these rear suspension types, e.g. multilink, torsion beam/bars, MacPherson, etc

What are the different types of rear suspension, and which is best? - Car Advice | CarsGuide

The current M3 gen 3 uses multilink:

Both multi-link and dual-wishbone setups offer true independence and unparalleled control, with the multi-link system edging ahead of the double-wishbone choice by offering greater adjustability.

Of course, nothing comes for free. Multi-link and double-wishbone independent setups are the most expensive and complex, as well as taking up more space than the simpler and slighter torsion beam.

Finding dual wishbone or multi-link suspension in your prospective new car usually means heading to the more premium end of the hatchback, wagon and sedan markets. It also means being pretty selective in the SUV and light commercial segments.
    And for the upcoming M3 gen 4 that will use the torsion beam. It's all about cheap production and maintenance cost, and durability:

Torsion-beam setups are relatively cheap and easy to manufacture, install and maintain, but they don't offer the engineer anywhere near the same amount of freedom to balance comfort, agility and stability as independent systems do.
    Because torsion bars offer less isolation than independent systems, they can also allow more noise, vibration and harshness to filter into the cabin.

Now, in a well-soundproofed car that isn't driven in anger, these issues might never become apparent, let alone cause any grief.

Even in snappy, small hot hatches like the Polo GTI and Fiesta ST, the torsion beam is still more than capable.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    “Also, our expert in chassis dynamics already has tested (the new platform) for high-speed, bumpy roads, and everything is better than the current Mazda3’s multi-link suspension.”Mr Fujiwara explained that newly developed rubber bushes in the trailing link of the new suspension had met the company’s requirements.

Mazda engineers re-developed the torsion beam axle to be employed in the next 3. Not the same beam found on any other car.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Mazda's always one step ahead of its competitors [emoji108]

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Mazda's always one step ahead of its competitors [emoji108]
    Proven re-thinkers. Let's see what they've done this time.[emoji4]

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineJunkie View Post
    “Also, our expert in chassis dynamics already has tested (the new platform) for high-speed, bumpy roads, and everything is better than the current Mazda3’s multi-link suspension.”Mr Fujiwara explained that newly developed rubber bushes in the trailing link of the new suspension had met the company’s requirements.

Mazda engineers re-developed the torsion beam axle to be employed in the next 3. Not the same beam found on any other car.

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk
    Bunta Fujiwara ?

[emoji23]

Sent from my ASUS_X00QD using Tapatalk