New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1049 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 9499991039104510461047104810491050105110521053105910991149 ... LastLast
Results 10,481 to 10,490 of 12058
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by sparcom2 View Post
    Is the m3 from abroad?
    Local....abused on daily traffic, enjoyed on spirited runs w/ occasional track time.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    My AC temp is always set to 25deg, m3 has really cold AC. I lived in the province, traffic here is moderate and I drive my m3 hard once a day to keep away or lessen the carbon buildup. I ordered the sparkplugs now in the US, its way cheaper compared to the dealer. Will change my sparkplugs after new year.
    Given your driving conditions, there shouldn't be any indications of early knocking symptoms with your M3's engine. Fuel quality is typically a suspect with this type of issue. I also read somewhere that excessive cleaning agents added in fuel can also cause abnormal combustion. Are you using Shell FuelSave?

Incorrect calculation of ignition timing can also cause knocking. Some sensors in the engine maybe malfunctioning on certain occasions, erratic.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    Given your driving conditions, there shouldn't be any indications of early knocking symptoms with your M3's engine. Fuel quality is typically a suspect with this type of issue. I also read somewhere that excessive cleaning agents added in fuel can also cause abnormal combustion. Are you using Shell FuelSave?

Incorrect calculation of ignition timing can also cause knocking. Some sensors in the engine maybe malfunctioning on certain occasions, erratic.
    I only use shell fuel save gasoline from day one and the station is owned by shell. Throttle and sparkplugs cleaning done. The throttle response is way better now howevere my trusted mechanic advice me to have my car scanned so the sensors will reboot. My rpm still drops during idle when put to drive (complete stop and AC off). The idle is normal if the AC is on.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    If one wants to see what all the sensors are getting/feeding, how the engine is reacting to everything, how the variable timing is compensating.....all these can be seen thru OVT data logging. Mazda IDS/ESI can see these, too. The tech just has to be thorough & detailed.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2016
    I only use shell fuel save gasoline from day one and the station is owned by shell. Throttle and sparkplugs cleaning done. The throttle response is way better now howevere my trusted mechanic advice me to have my car scanned so the sensors will reboot. My rpm still drops during idle when put to drive (complete stop and AC off). The idle is normal if the AC is on.
    I'm also nearing 30k on the odo and for 40k pms this month. I might as swell have my sparkplugs and throttle body cleaned. Do the dealership offer that service?

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    I think the rpm reaction to load is within range w/ AC off if doesn't drop sub500. That's the least of your worries. The pinging should be sorted.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RedlineJunkie View Post
    I'm also nearing 30k on the odo and for 40k pms this month. I might as swell have my sparkplugs and throttle body cleaned. Do the dealership offer that service?

Sent from my Nokia 3210 using Tapatalk
    They do offer it however you need to pay extra. If you want it free you have to make it appear that you’re having problem with your car and requires cleaning of the said parts (warranty claim).

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    If one wants to see what all the sensors are getting/feeding, how the engine is reacting to everything, how the variable timing is compensating.....all these can be seen thru OVT data logging. Mazda IDS/ESI can see these, too. The tech just has to be thorough & detailed.

How much does the dealer charge for this?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    How much does the dealer charge for this?
    They're supposed to run things thru every PMS. Talk to your dealership. Tell him issue worsened after PMS.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    They're supposed to run things thru every PMS. Talk to your dealership. Tell him issue worsened after PMS.

Good idea. Thanks bro

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk