New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Hi guys

Currently in the market looking for a used CX-5 2015 or 2016. There’s very limited information in the internet that’s why I’m having difficulty spotting the difference between the two. What makes it more difficult is that there is a 2.0 Maxx variant and a Pro variant.

I am also seeing different head units for the same year model. There are also units tagged as 2015 but they still have the honeycomb front grill that I know is a feature of the 2014 and older models.

Anybody can help and share the differences between these years and how can I tell if its Maxx or Pro?

Also would it be a good idea to get the 2.5 awd instead?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by Renzokuken View Post
    Hi guys

Currently in the market looking for a used CX-5 2015 or 2016. There’s very limited information in the internet that’s why I’m having difficulty spotting the difference between the two. What makes it more difficult is that there is a 2.0 Maxx variant and a Pro variant.

I am also seeing different head units for the same year model. There are also units tagged as 2015 but they still have the honeycomb front grill that I know is a feature of the 2014 and older models.

Anybody can help and share the differences between these years and how can I tell if its Maxx or Pro?

Also would it be a good idea to get the 2.5 awd instead?

Thanks!
    The year-year differences are insignificant. Even the early 2012-13 non-iStop w/ old pre-MZDconnect infotainment CX5 KEs are solid....family has 2 of these.
    Perhaps the reason why you won't see much talk online may be for lack of complaints from owners. A good thing.
    Look for a well-cared 1 from an OCD enthusiast. You'll likely find some that are good as or even better than new. 2.0 or 2.5 SkyGs are very reliable. These are nonCVT, too. The stock 19s on the All Wheel look better than the 17s on lower variants. Stay away from SkyDiesel. DPF would need attention down the line.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

3. Join Date
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by travajante View Post
    The year-year differences are insignificant. Even the early 2012-13 non-iStop w/ old pre-MZDconnect infotainment CX5 KEs are solid....family has 2 of these.
    Perhaps the reason why you won't see much talk online may be for lack of complaints from owners. A good thing.
    Look for a well-cared 1 from an OCD enthusiast. You'll likely find some that are good as or even better than new. 2.0 or 2.5 SkyGs are very reliable. These are nonCVT, too. The stock 19s on the All Wheel look better than the 17s on lower variants. Stay away from SkyDiesel. DPF would need attention down the line.

Thank you sir. Would you know how can I easily tell if one is a Maxx? I wanna take that into consideration when comparing units not just the year model.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Thank you sir. Would you know how can I easily tell if one is a Maxx? I wanna take that into consideration when comparing units not just the year model.
    The Pro used to be the lone FWD entry level variant that was bumped mid-level by the arrival of the basic Maxx. The Sport was the AWD. The Maxx was the least-priced variant that was practically same as the Pro, except for leather seats & some other features listed below:screenshot_20231028_151210_chrome.jpg

5. Join Date
    May 2012
    Just got mine today! I got the Pro 2015 model.

We can now close this thread. Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Just got mine today! I got the Pro 2015 model.

We can now close this thread. Thanks!
    Grats!