New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Hi Sirs,

By car what are best way from monumento to mckinley (fort), and vice versa?
    I will be driving my first car, kinda nervous Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Take EDSA, probably not the best but the shortest and easiest. Just go westward from Monumento straight to EDSA-Ayala intersection then turn left at Ayala Ave.

Good luck

3. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SecretShop View Post
    Take EDSA, probably not the best but the shortest and easiest. Just go westward from Monumento straight to EDSA-Ayala intersection then turn left at Ayala Ave.

Good luck
    Thanks a lot!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Sirs,

Plan kong mag-left turn sa Ortigas from Edsa then C5 to Mckinley, pero mukhang maraming possible routes in-between. Baka may suggestion kayong route.

Monumento -> Edsa -> turn left sa ortigas -> Please insert suggestion -> C5 -> Petron station -> mckinley

Thanks in advance!

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lego View Post
    Sirs,

Plan kong mag-left turn sa Ortigas from Edsa then C5 to Mckinley, pero mukhang maraming possible routes in-between. Baka may suggestion kayong route.

Monumento -> Edsa -> turn left sa ortigas -> Please insert suggestion -> C5 -> Petron station -> mckinley

Thanks in advance!

Bossing, baka matrapik sa ortigas.

May route din ako ganyan, usually what i would do i avoid edsa, especially along the cubao area.

Route ko is,

Take EDSA till Quezon Ave and make a left turn going to Quezon City circle.
    Take the exit going to Philcoa, going towards UP.
    Take right turn on CP Garcia. Go all the way to Katipunan.
    Take right turn, then straight. Wala na turns dito as katipunan exits into C5.

Granted it is a long way around. Pero 80% of the time, i don't encounter traffic as bad as in edsa, and time spent ko is shorter.

I have in-laws at monumento area in caloocan, in fairview, in SJDM in bulacan. I live in BF Paranaque, and go to those areas around 2x a month and thats the route i take. So im speaking from experience na din.

Hope to help
    Last edited by Zhandros; January 12th, 2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: for clarity

6. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhandros View Post
    Bossing, baka matrapik sa ortigas.

May route din ako ganyan, usually what i would do i avoid edsa, especially along the cubao area.

Route ko is,

Take EDSA till Quezon Ave and make a left turn going to Quezon City circle.
    Take the exit going to Philcoa, going towards UP.
    Take right turn on CP Garcia. Go all the way to Katipunan.
    Take right turn, then straight. Wala na turns dito as katipunan exits into C5.

Granted it is a long way around. Pero 80% of the time, i don't encounter traffic as bad as in edsa, and time spent ko is shorter.

I have in-laws at monumento area in caloocan, in fairview, in SJDM in bulacan. I live in BF Paranaque, and go to those areas around 2x a month and thats the route i take. So im speaking from experience na din.

Hope to help
    Thanks a lot. subukan ko yan

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lego View Post
    Hi Sirs,

By car what are best way from monumento to mckinley (fort), and vice versa?
    I will be driving my first car, kinda nervous Thanks!
    Let me guess? Is this for the Ford Club EB?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    remember to take the undertunnel along katips, that is the link to C5. It's after the flyover, then an overpass. When you see the MMDA over-U-turns, shift to the right and enter Market Market, go straight and when you see McDo to your left, take that left (5th Avenue). Actually, I go through another street, (first stoplight) but it's a bit complicated for a first timer.

Personally, this is what we do (we fly at least twice a month and we live near NLEX).

Since you're driving your first car (i hope you've had a lot of driving time with another car), that route is good. There are no buses that will bully you around, just trucks.

Don't be nervous, as long as you don't hit and run over someone, you'll be fine. Are you gonna drive an automatic? If you're driving a manual, practice your hanging skills. Once you get the hang (pun not intended ) of it, you'll be ok.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Let me guess? Is this for the Ford Club EB?
    no, it's home to work route

10. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    remember to take the undertunnel along katips, that is the link to C5. It's after the flyover, then an overpass. When you see the MMDA over-U-turns, shift to the right and enter Market Market, go straight and when you see McDo to your left, take that left (5th Avenue). Actually, I go through another street, (first stoplight) but it's a bit complicated for a first timer.

Personally, this is what we do (we fly at least twice a month and we live near NLEX).

Since you're driving your first car (i hope you've had a lot of driving time with another car), that route is good. There are no buses that will bully you around, just trucks.

Don't be nervous, as long as you don't hit and run over someone, you'll be fine. Are you gonna drive an automatic? If you're driving a manual, practice your hanging skills. Once you get the hang (pun not intended ) of it, you'll be ok.
    Thanks for the detailed tips! Btw, i'm driving manual, so far nasurvived naman ako sa edsa-ayala route. Nakakapag hang-on naman ako, using e-brake , pero medyo kabado pa rin esp sa uphill traffic, konting incline lang e-brake agad

In my way home (northbound), may kasabay ako, then ibababa ko sya sa may ortigas area, so balak ko,
    C5 then go down sa pasig boulevard,
    diretso sa capt Javier
    meralco avenue then labas na sa ortigas.
    OK ba to? (based lang ako sa google maps)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Route from Monumento(caloocan) TO Mckinley (taguig)