New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    There is an ongoing road widening of FVR highway particularly Minalabac area, its a steep incline impassable to sedans, 4x2 can barely get thru if it rained. Avoid that route(Nabua or Oas exit) instead exit via Pili town proper to bypass Naga traffic.
    Last December pagdaan ko diyan on going na widening or slide clearing as I was told , mga 300 meters din yung rough road, dami lang truck, pero passable pa sa starex. Pag balik , sa highway nako dumaan, one week kasing umulan. Mahihirapan ang sedan kahit dry yung stretch.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Di ko alam yang bypass road na yan ah, ilang oras ba mababawas sa travel time using that naga-pili-nabua bypass?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn_duke View Post
    Last December pagdaan ko diyan on going na widening or slide clearing as I was told , mga 300 meters din yung rough road, dami lang truck, pero passable pa sa starex. Pag balik , sa highway nako dumaan, one week kasing umulan. Mahihirapan ang sedan kahit dry yung stretch.
    I was trailing a Hi-ace, naka 5 attempts na sya pero hindi parin nakakaahon then sinabihan ko un mga bata na itulak. The innova behind me chickened out. Kakatapos ng ulan kasi.

Quote Originally Posted by gongrhey View Post
    Di ko alam yang bypass road na yan ah, ilang oras ba mababawas sa travel time using that naga-pili-nabua bypass?
    Almost 1hr din dahil from Milaor to Concepcion/Pili na ang traffic tuwing rush hours. Dyan din dadaan afaik yung proposed Bicol Expressway from Pagbilao-Unisan-Libmanan.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Almost 1hr din dahil from Milaor to Concepcion/Pili na ang traffic tuwing rush hours. Dyan din dadaan afaik yung proposed Bicol Expressway from Pagbilao-Unisan-Libmanan.[/QUOTE]

1 hour is pretty much significant, usually pagpapasok na ng Naga mabagal na usad, yan pa naman yung sabik ka ng makarating coming from Manila.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Traveled back to Bicol for family matters over the long weekend.

Manila to Nabua (additional 40 km from Naga) was a little less than 9 hours including lunch. Left Manila at 10:30am, stopover for lunch in Lucena at 12:30, arrived in Nabua at 7:15pm.

Took the old-school route (Sto. Tomas - Alaminos - San Pablo - Tiaong - Candelaria - Sariaya - Lucena - and so on) and then Andaya Highway, but skipped Naga and passed through the Minalabac route (GMA Highway). Not recommended to pass GMA Highway at night - no streetlights, lots of sudden unpaved areas and landslides.

Going back, it was 7 hours from Naga to Manila (2pm-9pm). This time passed by Eco Tourism road from Lucena Diversion then exit at Lipa STAR. No street lights for most of Eco Tourism road, and then even at 7pm there was still traffic in San Juan and Lipa.

It was my first time back in Bicol since 2015 - I appreciate the wider roads along Andaya Highway. The Gumaca diversion road is a scam - they say passable to light vehicles but 80% of the road was unpaved.

Despite the generally crappy roads, the scenery is still very relaxing, so I enjoyed the drive a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Mababa na kasi alert level kaya nagsimula na traffic.

Last Dec 18 bumiyahe kami Manila to Legaspi normal highway route 9 hours. Yung Andaya highway balik sa under 1 hour yung biyahe, dati halos 2 hours yan.
    I stop passing the Gumaca, Calauag diversions, pointless mas mabilis pa kung sa highway dadaan., twice lang ako dumaan ng GMA highway diko na inulit, daming uneven asphalt road yung iba may undercut na.

Yeah, sarap ulit mag roadtrip. Lalo na konti pa provincial buses.
    Last edited by glenn_duke; February 3rd, 2022 at 04:56 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Napuntahan niyo na ba ung camaligan river park? Sobrang ganda dun. Dati pala riverside lang siya kasi wala pa ung tulay. Tuwing late ng hapon at gabi ang sarap tingnan ng tanawin. Samahan pa ng kakaibang hangin. Dati sa ilocos lang pinakamalayo kong napuntahan pero kahit madaming pwedeng puntahan, hindi ganun naramdaman ko dun. And buti nlng may ss3 na. Mahirap kase if galing camanava or bulacan area pa going to south. Dati ata additional 2-3 hours pa sa edsa pag super traffic.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Traveled back to Bicol for family matters over the long weekend.

Manila to Nabua (additional 40 km from Naga) was a little less than 9 hours including lunch. Left Manila at 10:30am, stopover for lunch in Lucena at 12:30, arrived in Nabua at 7:15pm.

Took the old-school route (Sto. Tomas - Alaminos - San Pablo - Tiaong - Candelaria - Sariaya - Lucena - and so on) and then Andaya Highway, but skipped Naga and passed through the Minalabac route (GMA Highway). Not recommended to pass GMA Highway at night - no streetlights, lots of sudden unpaved areas and landslides.

Going back, it was 7 hours from Naga to Manila (2pm-9pm). This time passed by Eco Tourism road from Lucena Diversion then exit at Lipa STAR. No street lights for most of Eco Tourism road, and then even at 7pm there was still traffic in San Juan and Lipa.

It was my first time back in Bicol since 2015 - I appreciate the wider roads along Andaya Highway. The Gumaca diversion road is a scam - they say passable to light vehicles but 80% of the road was unpaved.

Despite the generally crappy roads, the scenery is still very relaxing, so I enjoyed the drive a lot.

I've been planning to go back to Polangui Bicol for quite some time. How's the pothole situation at Andaya Highway?

Also, is the Eco Tourism road 100% pavement? Last time I drove there was 2017 Dec. There was a small section that was still unpaved. My car's underchassis scraped some mud tracks.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    yung gumaca diversion road, napaka walang kwenta talaga nun. Pinagka kitaan lang yan.

Binutas yung mga bundok and then now yung mga barangay sa baba na dating hindi bina baha pag tag ulan, hanggang dibdib lagi ang baha.

Dapat sa seaside na lang pinadaan, mas nakamura pa sila + short distance lang para maiwasan traffic sa gumaca bayan.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jojopad View Post
    I've been planning to go back to Polangui Bicol for quite some time. How's the pothole situation at Andaya Highway?

Also, is the Eco Tourism road 100% pavement? Last time I drove there was 2017 Dec. There was a small section that was still unpaved. My car's underchassis scraped some mud tracks.
    Andaya is pretty good these days - 4 lane roads on some parts and fewer road works compared to before.

Eco Tourism road is 100% paved now, though minimal street lights at night.