New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.kabeet.com/

Hehe...

Since moving to SG, I've loved how efficient and extremely tied up streetdirectory.com is where you can find buildings, restaurants, bus stops, MRT stops, etc all in one site including travel time, shortest routes etc.

MM will be a challenge since no roads are spared from the constant egotistical name changes it endures and the lack of any disciplined transport system, but for travellers, it must be a big relief to get info on the fly..

Hopefully it improves over time

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Also what with the streets suddenly being used as parking area, basketball courts and talipapa.....

4909:coffee:

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by theveed View Post
    http://www.kabeet.com/

MM will be a challenge since no roads are spared from the constant egotistical name changes it endures and the lack of any disciplined transport system, but for travellers, it must be a big relief to get info on the fly..

Hopefully it improves over time
    Las Pinas (including Pamplona in particular) has been fairly consistent. I can still retrace the streets of Dona Manuela Subd, all the BF Homes, Moonwalk Village, etc even though it's been over 20 years.

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    this is great,lalo na sa mga balikbayan natin na matagal ng hindi nauuwi.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    interesting... relatives abroad will still be updated on the progess of the streets in our country they can already plan their route going back to their home as they head to the philippines again.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thanks Theveed! i really need this. been gone for just 7 years but i was a little lost when i went to makati! this will help a lot!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post
    Las Pinas (including Pamplona in particular) has been fairly consistent. I can still retrace the streets of Dona Manuela Subd, all the BF Homes, Moonwalk Village, etc even though it's been over 20 years.

You're right 95%+ bro...

Although, gates between villages have opened up as part of the Friendship Route scheme by the city government to ease the congestion along Zapote-Alabang Road.... Great help!

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

You're right 95%+ bro...

Although, gates between villages have opened up as part of the Friendship Route scheme by the city government to ease the congestion along Zapote-Alabang Road.... Great help!

They really can't mess with many of the subdivision streets because unless I'm mistaken, those streets also contain storm sewers underneath. At least I'm sure of those in Dona Manuela Subdivision and parts of BF Resort which are made of concrete. Once they're laid out and done, they're there to stay and can't really be messed with.

Reminescing about the area, I kinda miss all the fun I had at the RFC/Manuela Theater area before RFC became a mall.

Add: I wish someone could post a pic of what the entrance to Dona Manuela Subd currently looks like from the Alabang-Zapote Road. It used to be fairly open still up to 1995 which was my last visit there.

I wonder if this is it. This is some chick's (name's Roxanne)photo. If it is, I don't recognize the place. He He.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rox3/1132531231/

I also wish there are realtime webcams there, at least even if just to gauge the traffic in the area.
    Last edited by Jun aka Pekto; December 24th, 2007 at 11:26 AM.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Jun aka Pekto View Post

Reminescing about the area, I kinda miss all the fun I had at the RFC/Manuela Theater area before RFC became a mall.

Add: I wish someone could post a pic of what the entrance to Dona Manuela Subd currently looks like from the Alabang-Zapote Road. It used to be fairly open still up to 1995 which was my last visit there.

I wonder if this is it. This is some chick's (name's Roxanne)photo. If it is, I don't recognize the place. He He.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rox3/1132531231/
    We are usually in that area (in the picture) once a week because we have dental appointment with Alan (Hans), whose clinic is at the mouth of the intersection of Zapote-Alabang Road and Dona Manuela Avenue.....

Basically the same traffic and road/buildings as in the picture (which is looking out to Zapote-Alabang Rd)....I'll try to take some snapshots and post them here in a few days....

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    i hope there is a map with real-time traffic updates in the future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Finally, online detailed map for Metro Manila