New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    guys is my tire still safe for driving? i would be driving later manila to batangas..
    here's the picture:

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    patay tayo dyan sir......
    palitan mo na. buhay mo nakataya dyan.
    di lang kalbo ang gulong mo. pudpod na talaga.

may hangin pa ba yan? di ba nasingaw na yan?

sige sir salamat!
    may hangin tska wala namang singaw, may ma ssuggest ka ba na murang brand? 215/75/r15

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cokezero View Post
    guys is my tire still safe for driving? i would be driving later manila to batangas..
    here's the picture:
    That tire is definitely UNSAFE.

Also, given the uneven wear of the thread, you might want to have the car's suspension checked for camber alignment.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    TS, sa pavement ka pa naman bibiyahe, grabe init, puputok na yan IMO. Mura lang naman goodyear or kumho or yung runway tires. Nasa P2.5-3K lang yung tire mo. Or at leats buy a 2nd hand na mas makapal dyan at hindi re-groove ha. Never re-groove.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    grabe! paano umabot ng ganyan ka pudpod?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    grabe! paano umabot ng ganyan ka pudpod?
    As GH said, misalinged na yan. Yung tie-rod end niyan may naging problem at hindi napaayos malamang pati yung wheel alignment niyan. Grabe kabig niyan.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^I know na kailangan na ng camber correction of worn out na tie rod pero paano napaabot ng ganyan kapudpod?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    judging from the picture, this tire is the number two (right front) tire. even the tickest part of the tread is worn out below minimum and from the color of the rubber on the side wall, the tire is at least six years old. of course this unsafe and had been unsafe two years ago. the tire starts to be unsafe if it has reached four years of production date. the sidewall has TWI (tread wear indicator) or small arrows (lined up with wear bars) at the side of the tread to indicate minimum or replacement thickness. once the grooves of the tread is 1/16 of an inch or less, the tire is supposed to be replaced.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Heck, in a tropical country like ours where rain is a problem, you should actually replace when the tread is below 2/16th. Don't wait for the Federal 1/16th limit. 1/16th is already too thin to prevent hydroplaning effectively.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
worn tire still safe?