New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Cold patch and 'tusok' are normal tire repair procedures for modern tires and are the accepted repair procedure of most vehicle manufacturers. It's the hot patch 'vulcanizing' method that is outdated.

If you repair the tire using 'tusok' method. There is no need to heat anymore...

in the philippines where the land transportation commission doesn't really know what they are doing, it does not matter. but in some countries or some states in the u.s., plugging the tire injury is illegal and the cold patch is the only procedure authorized. mentioned in one of the previous responses, cleaning with a rasp rod and plugging the tire injury usually results in tire plies or belt cords breaking leading to tire deformity and weakness

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    question: is holes located in the sidewall of the tires can still be vulcanized by cold patch? its not a 'slash' naman.. definitely a hole.. dati kasi alam ko pag may butas na sa sidewall... pang reserve na lang most of the time yung purpose nya.. di na pwede pang daily drive.

thanks.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yes sir.. ganyan yung sa akin.. napako.. patch lang..

Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post
    question: is holes located in the sidewall of the tires can still be vulcanized by cold patch? its not a 'slash' naman.. definitely a hole.. dati kasi alam ko pag may butas na sa sidewall... pang reserve na lang most of the time yung purpose nya.. di na pwede pang daily drive.

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Two of my tires are vulcanized using the "pasak" method.

Can I take them to Servitek and have them apply a cold patch "on top" (sa likod, hehe) of the pasak?

5. Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Jepster View Post
    Two of my tires are vulcanized using the "pasak" method.

Can I take them to Servitek and have them apply a cold patch "on top" (sa likod, hehe) of the pasak?
    for me mas ok pasak compare sa tapal. lalo na kung tubeless yan.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Ang advantage daw kase ng pasak, sabi ni manong na gumawa sa gulong ko, is sealed s'ya both from the inside and from the outside. Pag patch daw kase, since nasa loob lang sya, pwedeng pasukin ng tubig/buhangin/etc yung butas.

So, I'm thinking, why not have both, right?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hot kapag may tube yung tires mo...

Sa tubeless (especially kapag steel belted) always better ang cold

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpedition View Post
    for me mas ok pasak compare sa tapal. lalo na kung tubeless yan.
    my experience with pasak is not good. i have tried it several times.
    after a few days or weeks, leak na naman, sa exact area!
    i prefer cold patch.
    i do not like heating. i feel that it weakens the ply.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ;2896035
    Hot kapag may tube yung tires mo...

Sa tubeless (especially kapag steel belted) always better ang cold
    i don't patch the exterior, if i have salvavida inside.
    i wouldn't even know, that i have exterior leak!

but if i had to patch the tubed tire, it means, to me at least, that it is time to replace the tire.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by olidotcom View Post

thanks.
    pwede pa i-cold patch pero sabi din ng suki kong vulcanizer hanggat maaari reserba nalang kasi mas malaki ang chance na matanggal ang cold patch sa side wall dahil mas nagwowobble ang part na to pag umaandar kumpara sa tread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Tire Repair - Vulcanize