New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    Bridgestone or Yokohama.

Michelins are okay but they tend to have too low a treadwear rating (most of their tires are rated 240-treadwear) for what are supposed to be economy-oriented tires. I was disappointed with my stock Michelin Vivacys.
    bro, the higher the treadwear the better?

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Higher treadwear ratings usually mean the tires last longer. A treadwear rating of at least 280 is pretty good for a daily driver.

Most high-performance or extreme-performance tires sacrifice treadwear for grip...and vice-versa for economy-oriented or touring tires. As an example, Yokohama's S.drive does pretty well, being a relatively high-performance tire with a 300 treadwear rating. At the other extreme, Yokohama Advan Neova AD07s - arguably one of the stickiest street tires ever made - are rated just 180 for treadwear.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Type 100 View Post
    I was trying to look for those before! Where'd you get your set?

Cooper and Avon Tires are made by the same company, but Avon has a little more presence due to the drifting scene, and a little more availability due to being sold by Wheel Gallery.
    Transway Corp. sells it here in our locality.

Just for reference, the 195/55/15 size sells for 2,300 while that of GT Champiro BXE is quoted at 3,000. I bet it would be cheaper there in MM.

Cooper's Zeon ATP/ASP series are ASEAN tire models.

Zeon ASP

Zeon ATP

4. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Bridgestone Turanza AR10 gamit ko. Satisfied naman ako.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Which tire to choose?