New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Gentlemen,

I need your advice. I am still confused on which I will buy for my old but still reliable black Honda Accord EXI 1994.

A 17 or an 18 inch wheels? And why?

Please kindly provide any advantages/disadvantages.

I am planning to buy in this coming days this 17 or 18 inch Rota Battle wheels.

Your advices will be highly appreciated.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    with the 17 inch mags... if you hit a pothole, you dent it, you have it repaired and you cry at the expensive repair bill.

with the 18 inch mags... if you hit a pothole, you dent it, you have it repaired and you cry harder at the more expensive repair bill.

BTW, typically tires are also more expensive for the 18inch wheels.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    I'd choose the 17" since that's what I currently use in my own ride 205/40/17 BFG tires on 17" Victory Drag wheels. I already hold my breath everytime I pass a pothole here in the US and I can just imagine with the craters they have in the RP. The 18" may not be a reasonable choice unless you just want to use it for show only. Just my .02.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    even with 15 inch wheels and 195/50/15 tires, I had two of my wheels damaged (dents) due to potholes and the like.

Also with bigger wheels, fuel consumption suffers as well as ride quality.

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe, dun ako sa hindi matagtag. Sarili ko muna bago porma.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you want comfort, stick with the stocker 15 or 16 inchers with plenty of rubber around it. better protection against potholes too, as the guys have said.

but if you want to improve the looks of your vehicle, don't go halfway. parang bitin ang 17". especially on a Camaro. go 18".

the disadvantages are not much more when going from 17" to 18". ride quality is about the same, price is more, but the difference in looks is big, imo.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by M54 Powered View Post
    if you want comfort, stick with the stocker 15 or 16 inchers with plenty of rubber around it. better protection against potholes too, as the guys have said.

but if you want to improve the looks of your vehicle, don't go halfway. parang bitin ang 17". especially on a Camaro. go 18".

the disadvantages are not much more when going from 17" to 18". ride quality is about the same, price is more, but the difference in looks is big, imo.
    If it's for a Camaro then 19" would be good also as what my neighbor has but it's for his Accord so the 17" would be enough if he doesn't mind the ride.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    17" is a good compromise...maintains some (if not most) of the ride quality while gaining lotsa pogi points.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    with the 17 inch mags... if you hit a pothole, you dent it, you have it repaired and you cry at the expensive repair bill.

with the 18 inch mags... if you hit a pothole, you dent it, you have it repaired and you cry harder at the more expensive repair bill.

BTW, typically tires are also more expensive for the 18inch wheels.
    Hahaha! Natawa ako sa post mo bossing!

Seriously, pwede na po yung 17s since you will be driving around typical Pinoy roads with lotsa potholes and similar. Pero kung ako, ok na ko sa 15s so that I will only cry a little on the repair bill!

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    17s for me. if you wont drop it, go for 215/50/17 tires.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Which One You Will Choose For Your Ride: A 17 or an 18 Inch Wheels?