New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 234 of 240 FirstFirst ... 134184224230231232233234235236237238 ... LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2394
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I went on the internet today and I found this:

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    I went on the internet today and I found this:

can you summarize it, po?
    it's 13 minutes long, kasi.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    can you summarize it, po?
    it's 13 minutes long, kasi.
    Well it's more entertainment than a serious review. Wala naman objective measurements anywhere, puro subjective opinion lang.

tl;dr:

Sailun R01 = lots of road noise, harsh ride, unknown quantity of grip, but otherwise fun

Bridgestone RE004 = quiet, comfy, good grip, but more than twice as expensive

Oh meron pala one measurement done: Tire width at the tread. Somehow the "215mm" Sailuns were narrower than the 205mm Bridgestones, so there may be some size shenanigans going on and dinadaya ng cheap tires yung actual width of the rubber, giving you less tire than specified. 205mm Bridgestones measured at 8 inches wide (203mm), so more or less as advertised giving some margin for error. "215mm" Sailuns measured just 7.8 inches wide (198mm), or nearly 10% narrower than it's supposed to be.
    Last edited by Dr.Kamiya; December 19th, 2022 at 11:23 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post

Oh meron pala one measurement done: Tire width at the tread. Somehow the "215mm" Sailuns were narrower than the 205mm Bridgestones, so there may be some size shenanigans going on and dinadaya ng cheap tires yung actual width of the rubber, giving you less tire than specified. 205mm Bridgestones measured at 8 inches wide (203mm), so more or less as advertised giving some margin for error. "215mm" Sailuns measured just 7.8 inches wide (198mm), or nearly 10% narrower than it's supposed to be.
    medyo may daya nga...
    1. cheaper manufacture;
    2. lighter on the manibela?

thanx.

5. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    medyo may daya nga...
    1. cheaper manufacture;
    2. lighter on the manibela?

thanx.
    Like I had seen during my recent trip to Balintawak at CW.

I saw they had short bond paper so I bought 1 ream of 500sheets. Price was around 260php for the 70gsm. For office use, it's "fine" and I wouldn't need to go to National Bookstore for my preferred brand. Then I saw they had another ream of "short bond" that was different displayed. I checked the price and it was just 170php. I couldn't find the gsm/grade of the bond paper but I found the "specs" showed it was 1mm shorter 279mm (correct/acceptable for 11" which is 279.4mm exact) vs 278mm. Hehe! As a piece of paper, it should (mostly) serve its purpose for general use. But for photo printing or documents you'd be presenting/submitting to clients... well, you'd unlikely use it.

The same applies (for now) for products from China still I guess. They will manufacture... to price requested with specs as close as possible to what you initially asked for but not willing to pay for. So they will degrade the specs that meets the "price" being asked of them.

Not sure if other manufacturing countries do something similar like Thailand or Vietnam. But I've only heard it (openly) done in China.

----

Going back to the video, as long as it is a practical tire (for what it should be) and performance (grip and stabiility) is not outrightly compromised by the lower price, it is "kinda" acceptable. But part of things that bother me is excessive road noise and whether or not the video exaggerated the aspect of road noise, I can't really tell. I've never used Sailun brands specifically but that has been my pet peeve with Ecopias and I hate those Bridgestones to the core because of it. I had to bump up the radio's volume higher that what I normally use and wasn't really comfortable to listen to over long periods of time (but it was the level that would mask the tire road noise).

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

The same applies (for now) for products from China still I guess. They will manufacture... to price requested with specs as close as possible to what you initially asked for but not willing to pay for. So they will degrade the specs that meets the "price" being asked of them.
    an industry authority was once being interviewed,
    he remarked,
    "the china manufacturer can manufacture anything for you. how close it will be to the original quality product, will depend on how much you are willing to pay."
    "they have products for every budget.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    there's a reason why a specific product is cheaper than the other.

if you can't see the difference, buy the cheaper one

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    there's a reason why a specific product is cheaper than the other.

if you can't see the difference, buy the cheaper one
    oo nga.
    no one counterfeits cheapies.
    but then again,
    one eventually gets to find out why the item they purchased, is cheap.

heh heh.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    yung akin lang kasi

Product A vs Product B
    if everything else is same... pero mas mahal si Prod A

it means yung company ni Prod A mas maganda mag pa-sweldo/mas magastos sa marketing
    and some of that cost goes to the R&D of the next product

same with pharmaceutical companies vs generics

pero there are products na di talaga natin malalaman which one is better
    for those items, I just go to brands I (personally) trust.

A friend once told me.

Samsonite is expensive kasi it uses the latest tech in materials used.
    Once the tech is old, it becomes American Tourister then later it becomes Kamiliant

10. Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Found this on an innova fb group and a newly bought arivo premio arz1 went exploded when it hit a gutter.20221225_021825.jpg

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tsikot Forums mobile app

Low budget yet good quality tires