New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by miko57 View Post
    Thanks for the opinion on the cx5 and crv s. My problem with the ux is really the price. Almost 2.5m and yet no foglights. Also it doesn't look like an suv when you actually see it but more of a hatchback. But it is a premium brand and gives you pride when you drive it. It is actually my wife who wants it. I had a Mazda 3 before and while it was a good car, it had a very low resale value. So i think the mazda brand is not for me anymore. I had the 2nd gen crv and the previous model jazz. Now i have a brv which my wife hates because she sees relatives, friends and business contacts with more expensive cars even if they are below our financial capacity. Yes we have another car, a bmw x3 with just 27k mileage in almost 8 years. So my wife wants to be seen either in a lexus or bmw. But me, i consider myself the practical type. That's why i insisted on the brv. Sabi ko pangharabas at di masakit kung magasgasan. My bmw has never been to a carwash. I personally wash it and still keep a mental record of its scratches no matter how small. She was telling me to buy a fortuner or montero. But after more than a year with the brv, i now agree with my wife. Buying a car is also a matter of pride. And the brv is not a car to be proud of. So now we plan to sell it. I actually test drove a nissan terra and i liked it despite a relatively heavy steering wheel. But it is too big for me and the interior is somewhat lacking compared to the honda crv s. But i have been reading about kalampag issues with the crv and i think these are true after my experience with 3 hondas. I had the previous fortuner, it was matagtag but not makalampag. So now, i want to buy a new car but don't really know which one to buy. That is my problem.
    Just sharing my thoughts and i will be grateful to anyone who also shares his opinion.
    Bruh sabi nila, wife’s decision is final... pero if you have paricular checklist/requirements in a new car that would solve 50% of your problem, add it to your wife’s decision then it makes 99% solved! 1% would be, for you to agree.
    [emoji4] goodluck bruh! You can’t go wrong with lexus, premium brand with premium service for well deserve premium customers.

Sent from my iPhone XS Max using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    #takusa ...

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Why buy a UX when you already have an X3? If you want a more premium feel and image, get something bigger or more upscale.

Maybe a midsize Euro sedan or SUV like an X5 or 5 series. If that is out of your budget, any of the midsize crossovers (Explorer, CX9, Pilot) will do. Check with Volkswagen, they may still have some units of the Touareg V6 TDI - it shares the same platform as the Audi Q7 and Porsche Cayenne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Why buy a UX when you already have an X3?
    Because the wife is a social climber ... She has to be seen in a newer model vehicle ...

If you want a more premium feel and image, get something bigger or more upscale. Maybe a midsize Euro sedan or SUV like an X5 or 5 series.
    Because they can barely afford the cheapest subcompact premium branded vehicle ...

If that is out of your budget, any of the midsize crossovers (Explorer, CX9, Pilot) will do. Check with Volkswagen ...
    Volkswagen? A common brand for peasants? Heaven forbid!!! That's heresy ... It has to be a premium brand ... Nothing else will suffice ...
    Last edited by Walter; March 24th, 2019 at 09:53 AM.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by ray_noel View Post
    You can’t go wrong with lexus, premium brand with premium service for well deserve premium customers.
    Yes you can ... If one can't afford ... It can go really wrong ...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by miko57 View Post
    Thanks for the opinion on the cx5 and crv s. My problem with the ux is really the price. Almost 2.5m and yet no foglights. Also it doesn't look like an suv when you actually see it but more of a hatchback. But it is a premium brand and gives you pride when you drive it. It is actually my wife who wants it. I had a Mazda 3 before and while it was a good car, it had a very low resale value. So i think the mazda brand is not for me anymore. I had the 2nd gen crv and the previous model jazz. Now i have a brv which my wife hates because she sees relatives, friends and business contacts with more expensive cars even if they are below our financial capacity. Yes we have another car, a bmw x3 with just 27k mileage in almost 8 years. So my wife wants to be seen either in a lexus or bmw. But me, i consider myself the practical type. That's why i insisted on the brv. Sabi ko pangharabas at di masakit kung magasgasan. My bmw has never been to a carwash. I personally wash it and still keep a mental record of its scratches no matter how small. She was telling me to buy a fortuner or montero. But after more than a year with the brv, i now agree with my wife. Buying a car is also a matter of pride. And the brv is not a car to be proud of. So now we plan to sell it. I actually test drove a nissan terra and i liked it despite a relatively heavy steering wheel. But it is too big for me and the interior is somewhat lacking compared to the honda crv s. But i have been reading about kalampag issues with the crv and i think these are true after my experience with 3 hondas. I had the previous fortuner, it was matagtag but not makalampag. So now, i want to buy a new car but don't really know which one to buy. That is my problem.
    Just sharing my thoughts and i will be grateful to anyone who also shares his opinion.

buy the most expensive you can afford.
    that way, there won't be no "what-ifs".
    my opinion.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    It's like buying the cheapest genuine LV bag

At least naka LV na hehe

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter View Post
    Because the wife is a social climber ... She has to be seen in a newer model vehicle ...

Because they can barely afford the cheapest subcompact premium branded vehicle ...

Volkswagen? A common brand for peasants? Heaven forbid!!! That's heresy ... It has to be a premium brand ... Nothing else will suffice ...
    A Touareg V6 TDI is priced at 4M but VW was offering them at discount for 3M. With a limited budget for a UX, I guess they can’t afford that.

To address his wife’s desire for premium stuff, I should he should just buy her a Merc A180. Ayan ha, Mercedes na yan sa budget nila. Parang sabi ni Uls, kahit entry level LV basta LV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Get her the G or the D.[emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Or if 'euro' is wanted, an MG?[emoji4]
    Remember the MB100 & 'MB' Musso?[emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast