New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    daanan ko bukas yung sa marcos hiway. balitaan kita.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://www.landroverusa.com/us/en/Co...GraphicPromo_2 ---- Watch the Videos. Oh so cool! hehehe.

I wish Nissan made similar videos for the Patrol. Kudos to LR's PR firm.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    May 2005
    Nice clip. Galing talaga ng Range and Discovery. Ganda ng LR3

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hello po. Out of topic yata ako, pero share ko lang po, I own a 1980 Land Rover Series 3 109" station wagon.I use it for daily commute from home to work,pang hatid sundo din ng kids sa school. Haven't tried my Landy offroad.Very Excellent condition pa ang underchasis,naka primer pa. Im thinking of selling it or Swap ko with a Toyota Hi lux97 up plus cash. Siguro kapag decided nako i post ko na din.Everything is stock no mods.2.4 4 cyl engine. Sarap lang talaga ng LR kasi people stare and comment. You get that WOW factor kahit pa naka tabi ka sa Land Cruiser VX.LOL. pasensya na, based lang po sa experience.not my intention to brag.BTW im from Baguio.Dalawa lang series 3 na 109" dito, the rest are defenders from the government.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    This thread is four years old already and I have bought a different brand rig. But I still can't get over getting a Land Rover. hehehe.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Hi all! Was thinking of getting a similar unit as a second car sundo hatid from school. Is this model still a good option? I'm worried about parts. Any replies would be much appreciated. Thank you!

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Anyone with experience on this type of vehicle? I've been checking some units out in the local market recently for the possibility of replacing the gas guzzling LC II (70 series).

The first units I saw were almost identical ex-JDM units. Discos are pretty easy to convert to LHD. Even the side mirrors and dash shell are identical. Only the dashpod and airbag housing need to be moved. They are SE (top of the line units) with V8 engines (gas guzzlers but at least more powerful than the anemic and gas guzzling LC 4-banger) mated to an automatic. Also has dual electric sunroofs, dual a/c, clever rear jump seats, leather, etc. I'm not too sure about the selling price, but they will take a GEN II Pajero plus a lil cash.

The second unit I looked at was a local (Prestige Motors) '97. Maroon, TDi, A/T. Also had dual a/c and dual (though manual) sunroofs. Seven seater configuration with mixed (leather/cloth) upholstery. The unit seemed ok and mechanically sound on initial inspection. Some interior trim were missing. And the whole vehicle seemed to have undergone a haphazard hilamos job. There was overspray everywhere including door latches, door panels, rubber grommets, etc. The price was also a bit high though probably still fair for the vehicle.

The third unit was an ex-Mid East unit. White, TDi with a 5-speed manual. No dual air, no sunroofs, but still had rear jumpseats. Cloth upholstery and no airbags. It was being sold for Php 750k. Some mechanical and cosmetic work still needed (around Php 150k worth). A bit overpriced, IMHO.

Do you think buying a Land Rover (specifically the Disco) is a good idea? Defenders are still way out of our league (used ones still fetching Php 1.6M).

http://www.digi-go.biz/axb1aaa/vehicle.html

Otep, I used to have one. enjoyed it very much fun to drive. been to different places. I had it for about 4 years, parts are available outside the casa naman, iirc doon sa visayas avenue maraming available original parts na brand new. my problem came noong palagi na siyang overheat, cannot be overhauled kasi warp ang cylinder block and can no longer be shaved, engine replacement are expensive and rare + I don't really have time for asikaso so i decided to sell it to a friend who is very familiar with land rovers nalang for P200k.
    Ngayon its running like new again. binibiro ko nga siya, bilhin ko ulit sa kanya.

He

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Inputs please:  Land Rover Discovery Series I ('97)