New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by afrasay View Post
    yup. yun problem ata ng mga older RR is the electricals made by the legendary Lucas, The Prince of Darkness. Pero kayang kaya ayusin. Maganda ang ride niya, on and off road. Nakita mo ba yun sa "Clear and Present Danger" movie nun papunta yun drug lord sa isang meet nila? Oh, btw, malakas siya sa gas. but hey , its a weekend toy. pag pumunta kami sa junglebase sumama ka raines para makita mo yun nandun na RR. good luck on your hunting.

Thanks so much for your helpful inputs! This is more than what I expected

Yup, that's just one of the movies that I bought on DVD just to see that convoy of RRs. The first movie that I bought was Close Encounters of the 3rd kind wherein the (land) rovers made a spectacular entrance into the middle of the desert at the start of the movie. Malakas talaga sa gas ang V8s ng rover but then again, aren't they all? Another guy can spend a fortune on a V8 vintage mustang, spend the same on gas on weekend drives, yet still can't go off-road .

The rims of the RR in your photo appear to be stock. Are these rims hard to come by na? I saw an '81 3 door with those rims, very classic!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post
    nope mali ka po, matunog i mead, "bukambibig", lalo na ng common tao. kaya nasabi unlike sa sub- at compacts kasi, kasi sinu kahit saan madidinig mong pinag uusapan nila..

iba parin dating ng RR, kung baga, crowd of JAP cSUVs kayo, pero dumating ka na nak RR, papunta palang nililingon ka na agad sa ride.
    in that case, i second the motion! hehe

Quote Originally Posted by m_ron View Post
    I don't think you understand what i'm saying,all i'm saying is the reliability of rr or lr is not good.There's no question they can go offroad.
    ok, my bad, pero what you said kasi in your first post is that you havent heard anything good about it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I'm not really familiar with RR's but doing the research first before buying can help; some landowners we know in Bukidnon swear by their Land Rover Defenders over any other SUV in it's class and they really drive it to the ground (they also claim they have an easier time getting parts for their Defenders over parts for the LC's but i guess it's because of the connections). My bro's friend also uses a '97 RR diesel for off-roading (sans the air suspension) and he's happy (die hard bugger).

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    So did you buy an RRC already?

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by frt View Post
    So did you buy an RRC already?
    Wala pa po. My target date for purchase is Feb of next year. I'm thinking of shifting my attention to the '90s models at least but maybe no more than '95 releases.

I've seen kasi some '80s na for sale and needs a lot of work and parts.

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    I have a friend, selling his 89 range w/ HSE engine na so higher HP and very well preserve. I test drove it before and after the engine is swap laki ng improvement. If you are interested PM me nalang.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell View Post
    I have a friend, selling his 89 range w/ HSE engine na so higher HP and very well preserve. I test drove it before and after the engine is swap laki ng improvement. If you are interested PM me nalang.
    This the one owned by Ryan?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Memphis,

Were you able to purchase a Range Rover? How about Otep?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Nope. No LR products for me. At least for the time being.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    hi!

i restored a 3d 1977 range rover classic 2 years ago. beyond 1983 puro na 5 door ang RR if you plan to buy a 1987 model vogue na yan, headache ang electronics nyan super... but if you have the cash go for it. the ride is the best. i'm selling my rover by the way. its the one in my avatar

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
I'm planning to buy a 1987 Range Rover, any advice or experiences?