New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Its based on the Ford C1 platform used by the Focus/ Mazda3/ Volvo S40/V50...

I think its styling looks like a boxy version of the Ford Escape.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The Freelander has never been ***y anyway... actually, it could pass as a Volvo Escape/Tribute... which might not be a bad thing... aside from the (dubious) off-road ability, the old Freelander had very little to offer for the humongous price. If this thing has a Volvo engine, Mazda handling and Land Rover offroadability, it'll be worth the price.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hehe, when we were 4-wheeling at the fort adventure track around a year ago, there was this brand new freelander trying the track. it had to be towed out from the mud pit by a GQ patrol
    Signature

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    boybi,
    i remember that, v6 pa yun ha!!!!

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Kaya nga dubious, eh... hehe. Really not worth the money compared to the competition.

I don't doubt the new one will be much better.
    Last edited by niky; May 25th, 2006 at 11:34 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Land Rovers are not for everyone. Though they are sort of 'mainstream' in their home market, LR's are specialty vehicles in almost any other part of the globe.

The Freelander has no intention to endanger CRV's, RAV4's, Escapes and other cute utes. It is there to cater to their specific clientle.

Land Rover have a certain character about them that makes LR loyalists forgive whatever shortcomings their products might have. Of course LR wants a bigger share of the market, but it also does not want to alienate its core market.

The old Freelander was as competent as any other cute ute when the pavement ended. It even had some tricks up its British sleeve. HDC and a long travel (for an IFS/IRS set up) suspension to cite a few.

The only problem could be the price. But then again, its not for everyone.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    in short, para lang sa may "extra" cash yan..hehe

para lang yang escape na dinoble/triple ang presyo..

tapos nilagyan na magandang leathers kung saan saan..

maraming pinipindot at safety features.. etc.

ganda ng front fascia.. parang sa range rover na..

magkano kaya yan? P3.5M?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That pretty much sums it up. Land Rover owners don't exactly want to see themselves at every stoplight.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

all-new Land Rover Freelander 2