New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Prices of this vehicle has gone down so much that they are tempting second hand buys, the only thing that scares me is their reliability issues. Have any of you guys heard of or know any problems regarding this model? I've heard that the air suspension is always at fault, have seen a couple of rovers running or parked with its front end higher than its rear end. Parts are also a bit expensive but still comparable to a new benz or bmw.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    magkano na ba yung mga iyan? diba nasa 1.3-1.7M pa iyan? this generation of rangies seems to be plagued with mechanical problems though, as you note. that would be enough to make me steer clear of the vehicle, IMO... the prestige and image instantly disappear if the truck breaks down in the middle of the road (but at least you can bask in the supreme luxury while waiting for the tow truck hehehe).

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    gusto ko rin niyan kaso it has some reliabilty issues although marami akong nakikita niyan dito sa alabang..

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i guess you have the right idea on the air suspension.
    there are quite a lot of range rover owners in the phils.
    you can ask their opinion/advice at
    http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/LRCP/

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    1.3 to 1.7 million????
    no thanks, i'd rather buy a LC80 or PATROL

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Benz and BMW prices are way lower than Range Rover parts. They are comparable only if you get all your parts and services from the dealer. But remember, Benz and BMW enjoy a good third party support (just like Toyota and Mitsubishi) meaning you are not stuck with the dealer when it comes to parts and services. Even my a/c tech in Bago Bantay does E-Classes and E-36's.

And reliability is still an issue. That's why Land Rover cannot take over Toyota in major markets like Australia and the Middle East. Because when it comes to crossing vast expanses of Outback and dessert, you need something that you can rely on.

And let's not talk about the electronics on these things... basta parang Meralco.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

97' Range Rover