New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by altec View Post
    i have a 2009 4x2. I think pareho pa tayo na model sa 2010 series. My friend has the 2010 4x2 and a 2008 4x4 version. I have driven both his units as I wanted to compare with the problems I experienced with my unit. All three units had common problems with the front suspension, either ball joint, stabilizer, or another front suspension ang napalitan sa lahat ng tatlong unit. I noticed that the front doesnt absorb the road noise as when it was relatively new. I think this has something to do with the ball joint. I get 8km/liter on rush hour traffic driving. Change oil is not that expensive since it has a small diesel engine. Yung mahal lang dito yung brake pads at ang aircon microfilter.

Mataas na km/h siya nag cha-change gears. 2nd grear shift happens around 20kmh, 3rd gear shift happens at around 40kmh, while 4th gear shift happens at 60kmh. Malalaman mo kailan magshift when you put the a/t at the tiptronic position where you can control the gear shift. Except maski anong gawin ko, ayaw talaga mag shift to 4th gear before 60kmh. Setting talaga niya. However, I noticed when driving at the highway at 60-70kmh, from 2k rpm, biglang hihina ang rpm to around 1500rpm after a while, even though the gear remains at 4th (walang 5th gear)
    That said, I still plan to buy a 2nd hand unit again. Daming available na repo dito sa amin. Mababa ang resale value, which is good for those 2nd hand buyers.
    Oo, tama yun, 60kph above pa sya magshift ng 4th gear, parang 80-90kph ko napapansin before yung pagbaba ng rpm, in that way, nagiging matipid din sya kahit sa highway. Parang kaya nya 10-12km/L, matiid talaga sya. Wala naman ako naging problem sa mga ball joints, nagkaproblem lang sa kin yung sa steering, replaced the whole assembly, covered by warranty. Saka pala yung switch to lock and unlock the doors, nagclaim din ako sa warranty nung ayaw na nya gumana. Another comment, mahirap linisin yung beige interior nya...

Ito pics nung Sportage ko before.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    today, yung unit ko nasa shop for replacement of the left front ball joint. 51K mileage, out of warranty. Napalitan ko na under warranty, right ball joint, right and left tire rod, stabilizer link. As I sent my car for the parts replacement, andoon yung 4x4 2008 model ng friend na namention ko. Biglang namatay ang kotse. After less than half an hour, napaandar niya and he slowly brought the car home. The next day daw, tinawagan niya ang kia at naghome service kasi ayaw umandar. The mechanics plugged in their laptop, and they decided to tow the car back to the shop. Kanina, he was told sira daw ang sensor sa crankshaft. It senses na mainit ang crankshaft and shuts down the engine. Ganun ba ka maselan ito? Tsk, tsk.

CRDi is the best engine for the Sportage. Has more torque than the 2.0L petrol-powered altough not so guzzler as the 2.7L V6.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Guys how much kaya a 25k pms would cost? Baka bilhin ko yun 2009 na sportage matic crdi ang milage 23k pa lang... Tia!!!!

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    im also eyeing on a low mileage 2010-11 2nd gen crdi sportage, is it true na 4wd lang may abs and airbag? what should i look for this particular unit, baka kase may mga unit na na- "habagat"..... and totoo ba na puro plastic ang interior? so prone sa kalampag? 1st choice ko talaga is the new rio hatch, takot lang ako sa fc, tapos unpredictable na din ang weather so advantage na din ang diesel at ground clearance ng sporage
    Last edited by trup; September 17th, 2012 at 02:26 PM.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Well, interior is plastic, metal, rubber and fabric hehe. Meron bang nonplastic interior talaga?

I got mine Nov2007 and wala akong kalampag kahit EDSA takbo ko. Solud suspension pa din. ~70k on the meter

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by albert_b View Post
    Well, interior is plastic, metal, rubber and fabric hehe. Meron bang nonplastic interior talaga?

I got mine Nov2007 and wala akong kalampag kahit EDSA takbo ko. Solud suspension pa din. ~70k on the meter
    thanks albert_b, cant wait to start my hunt sana mabenta na getz ko

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    hi guys, im a newbee... we are planning to get an suv. tucson or 2nd gen sportage ang choices para value for the money at sa weather condition natin. mura ba ang maintenance ng sportage? nabasa ko kasi sa mga threads mahal PMS ng tucson. thanks!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    If city driving ka lang naman, get the gasoline sportage. Cheaper to maintain. Pero di naman din ganun kamahal ang diesel PMS, tama lang

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    thanks! napansin ko din almost the same ang tucson and sportage but my 100-150k price difference and dalawa. bakit kaya?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast