New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    agree you guys should get the contitech brand, mas matibay.

just want to share on what happened with my carnival last tuesday, twice nasiraan.

first na bumigay was the radiator. good thing car was still at home, napansin ko lang nung umaga when I was adding water sa radiator na hindi napupuno, it turns out the orig radiator finally broke down after 9 yrs (2001 LS yung sa akin). Just like a BMW, made of plastic yung gilid ng radiator natin, so repair was not an option. Good thing may available kay Goodgear na replacement (out of stock na daw matagal ang orig.) that costs 4,500 . . I tried inquiring sa sophia in Cavite surplus is 3,800.

nung pauwi naman na ako nung gabi, I suddenly noticed bumigat yung steering and halos di gumana yung brake. . it turns out na-shred yung alternator belt before naputol and subsequently nadamay yung aircon belt. Its a good thing traffic sa area ng pasay at that time otherwise kung medyo mabilis takbo ng sasakyan when this happened naaksidente kami for sure ng family ko . . . this is the 3rd time I replaced the belt btw in less than 2 yrs . . mahinang klase talaga pag yung Korean brand lang (i forgot the brand name) so this time I opted for the Contitech brand.

despite what happened that fateful day (doble gastos), I still love my Carnival . .

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    sir soluna,
    regarding the fan belt problem, the very same thing happened to my carnival, ganun din tumigas break and steering. and palit din ako twice. one solution adviced to me by the mekaniko to avoid this again from happening was to put a spacer sa roller bearing ng gear ng belt na kinakabitan ng alternator, dahilan daw kasi nito e hindi aligned yung gears na kinakabitan ng belt kaya nagagasgas habang umiikot, and reason din is dahil nga nagpalit na rin ako ng alternator, and nabago naposisyon ng gear nito.. anyway simula nung nilagyan nila ng spacer na washer, so far, di pa naman bumibigay till now... mukhang effective nga.
    suggestion lang......

3. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *bonkjonks

I think you may have a point. When I changed it the 2nd time, I noticed a small "slice or cut" on the side of the belt, which was barely 5 mos. replaced at that time. This time around just like what I earlier mentioned, the belt was shredded (not snapped or "naputol") to pieces. I surmise the belt may have been in contact with something somewhere but I could not exactly tell. I'll have it checked one of this days with my mechanic just to be sure. . .

4. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Sir soluna
    San exact add ng sophia sa cavite?same thing happen radiator of my carnival broke down just yesterday and i check it plastic nga yung gilid ng radiator.
    Tanx just newbie here..

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelito69 View Post
    Sir soluna
    San exact add ng sophia sa cavite?same thing happen radiator of my carnival broke down just yesterday and i check it plastic nga yung gilid ng radiator.
    Tanx just newbie here..
    sir if galing po kayo manila just when you notice the arc saying welcome to imus nasa right side po papasok po kayo sa isang street, yung nasa left side yan is maynilad sir.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thanks sir.Is it better to replace new one,or pwede pang irepair ung radiator?Replacing the plastic to brass material?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    nakatagilid kasi yang radiator ng carnival.. pwede yan convert sa copper.. di ko lang alam kung maganda ang kalalabasan.. iba pa din ang orig..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    *miguelito69

sorry for the late reply, I rarely go online.

In case you haven't changed your radiator, I suggest you go for the brandnew, konti lang difference. You will have peace of mind knowing that it will take atleast another 8 yrs before it breaksdown, and besides anything that is converted (atleast for me) is inferior than the original.

Btw, should you get the orig., make sure you only put mineral or purified water. Tap water causes corrosion in your radiator which eventually will damage your cooling system.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Thanks for the advice,ill try to buy a new one,already call fronte and goodgear,the parts that is available is a replacement.well if i dont have a choice then Ill go for the replacement.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2010
    I just bought my 2002 sedona the problem is ang head cover ay natunaw ung sa may injector baka meron kayong alam na surplus pede bumili my location is cagayan de oro city....

2nd problem ko lagi napuputol ung fan belt kapag full liko sa right palit na kami tensioner set crank shaft pulley ganon pa rin next ko ay alternator mahal pa kasi......

meron tulo sa sa cam kelangan daw palitn oil seal pati crankshaft oil seal din... Hindi gumaganma ang idle up pag nag aircon....

baka meron kayong repair manual how to do it? ako nlng sana mag aayos.....

Page 7 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [continued]