New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 14 of 29 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by soluna_17 View Post
    *empoyoyot

I got my Atlas battery at Kia Pasay around Dec of 2009 for 9k++ with 18 mos warranty. Almost twice as expensive as most underpowered 2SM batteries but does address the charging problem. If left unattended in the long run, it will be more costly as it will damage not just your existing battery but the alternator as well. This I had to learn the hard way and after spending almost 20k when the only solution to the problem is the stock Atlas battery.

Goodluck!
    *soluna_17
    Thanks sa info
    I already ordered 1 battery sa Kia Dasmarinas brand is 8.5K only brand is ACDELCO same spec as rocket 900CCA and 100AH delivery is today or tomorrow.

Btw, i did something stupid yesterday, i bought 1 set of brake shoe sa Goodgear since malapit na kasi ako sa goodgear and i feel that my handbreak is hindi na kumakagat that is why i decided to buy one hirap kasi ng pyesa sa area namin).
    nung nasa casa na ako sabi is makapal pa naman yung break shoe ko and adjustment lang ang kailangan. Now i dont know kung kailan ko magagamit yung break shoe.
    I want to dispose the break shoe and willing to give it for 900 only original price is 1080 (i still have the receipt). any one interested you may PM me possible meet up is cavite area and lapinas area only.
    Thanks

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Good Day!
    Ask ko lang po san kayo nakakabili ng bulb para sa instrument cluster? ito yung parang LED na may mahabang wire para iikot sa plastic housing i need kasi ng maliit at malaking size na bulb. already look at goodgear wala silang ganoong bulb.
    Thanks in advance!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by empoyoyot View Post
    *soluna_17
    Thanks sa info
    I already ordered 1 battery sa Kia Dasmarinas brand is 8.5K only brand is ACDELCO same spec as rocket 900CCA and 100AH delivery is today or tomorrow.

Btw, i did something stupid yesterday, i bought 1 set of brake shoe sa Goodgear since malapit na kasi ako sa goodgear and i feel that my handbreak is hindi na kumakagat that is why i decided to buy one hirap kasi ng pyesa sa area namin).
    nung nasa casa na ako sabi is makapal pa naman yung break shoe ko and adjustment lang ang kailangan. Now i dont know kung kailan ko magagamit yung break shoe.
    I want to dispose the break shoe and willing to give it for 900 only original price is 1080 (i still have the receipt). any one interested you may PM me possible meet up is cavite area and lapinas area only.
    Thanks
    kung di mabibili yung brake shoes, itago mo na lang bro, magagamit mo yan in the future....

maikwento ko lang, yung kasamahan ko me Carnival, less than 1 year lang, busted na yung battery nya....bakit kaya?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by empoyoyot View Post
    *soluna_17
    Thanks sa info

Thanks
    Good to hear that. AC Delco I believe more or less has similar spec as an atlas or rocket (mine pala is rocket, not atlas). Let's hope it will hold up in the next couple of months up to atleast 1 year.

Regarding the brake shoe, suggest you either keep it (in the long run you will need it, unless you don't intend to keep your ride that long) or have it replaced with another item (yes, goodgear allows changing of items as long as you have the receipt and item was never used) like oil/ airfilter. I've done it so many times, sometimes even after more than 1 to 2 months since I bought the item.

*desert fox

That is what will eventually happen if replacement batteries (motolite/ outlast etc.) were used, hindi talaga kaya yung power requirement ng carnival. Eventually, madadamay pati alternator and what happens is alternate lang masisira ang dalawa, which would result to more expenses (b/n alteranator sa goodgear is 8k). Only few carnival owners actually realizes that the most simplest solution is getting either an OEM rocket or outlast brand. AC Delco is the closest specs wise pero I have yet to hear kung kaya ihandle load ng carnival.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by soluna_17 View Post
    Good to hear that. AC Delco I believe more or less has similar spec as an atlas or rocket (mine pala is rocket, not atlas). Let's hope it will hold up in the next couple of months up to atleast 1 year.

Regarding the brake shoe, suggest you either keep it (in the long run you will need it, unless you don't intend to keep your ride that long) or have it replaced with another item (yes, goodgear allows changing of items as long as you have the receipt and item was never used) like oil/ airfilter. I've done it so many times, sometimes even after more than 1 to 2 months since I bought the item.

*desert fox

That is what will eventually happen if replacement batteries (motolite/ outlast etc.) were used, hindi talaga kaya yung power requirement ng carnival. Eventually, madadamay pati alternator and what happens is alternate lang masisira ang dalawa, which would result to more expenses (b/n alteranator sa goodgear is 8k). Only few carnival owners actually realizes that the most simplest solution is getting either an OEM rocket or outlast brand. AC Delco is the closest specs wise pero I have yet to hear kung kaya ihandle load ng carnival.
    actually bro, dito ako sa arabia...nagtataka nga ako bakit ang bilis magdrain ng battery(stock) ng carnival nya.....less than a year lang....

next na mameet ko siya sa parking lot, ask ko anong brand yung ipinalit...

dapat lagi pala iremind sa carnival lovers anong aftermarket brand ang tutugma sa carnival...

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Umabot naman ng 2 years more or less yung bosch na battery ng kia sedona 2004 gasoline namin...

Nalilito na talaga ko. Kanina sa parking lot ng Makati Med we couldn't start the Sedona, nilapitan ako ng guard at wag daw ako start nang start dahil masissira starter ko.

Mababait naman sila... naghanap sila ng cables para ma-jump start yung sedona. While idling, I called Kia Service centers and I was asking if they had batteries for the carnival in stock. Bukas pa daw magbubukas ang service center nila. Tinanong ko kung ano ang pwedeng gamitin na brand aside from Atlas, nagtanong-tanong sila sa background then they had to call another person who told me she'd text me after a few minutes.

About a minute later she texted me na pwede naman daw ang motolite gold. So tinakbo ko yung sedona hanggang motolite shop tapos kinausap ko yung tech nila, wala naman daw syang nakikitang problema basta umabot ng 12v yung battery hindi naman mahihirapan ang alternator...

So I bought a motolite gold 3sm battery. Yung bosch ko daw is 2sm lang. Mas underpowered pa nga daw. Madami na daw syang nilagyan na carnival na motolite gold 3sm, wala naman daw problem.

We checked the new battery at pumalo sya ng 13v. Sabi ko di kaya over naman ang voltage nya? Sabi nya di naman problema dahil DC ang output at may voltage regulator daw na nagko-control naman ng pasok ng kuryente sa alternator...

What do you guys think?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    praetor91313

correct me if I'm wrong, but I think mas mababa ang load requirement ng gas engine sa diesel which probably explains why your bosch battery lasted for almost 2 years. . .

I'm off to goodgear tomorrow to have all 4 shocks replaced (orig pa ata yung nakakabit ngayon) and a whee; bearing or two which may be causing the ugong sound.

Btw, does anyone know the interval between ATF replacement? Should it be every 20k kilometers? Had mine changed around 40k ago . Pulling power and shifting is still good though

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Latest review:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6k0Vuk6VFs"]YouTube - Kia Sedona review from Consumer Reports[/ame]

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Help! Baka meron sa inyo copy ng user's manual ng 2001 kia carnival? baka pwede photocopy ko lang. maraming salamat po...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterLestat View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers,

Just bought a 2nd hand 2000 Carnival LS w/ manual tranny. I'm a car owner before so I'm very much new to bigger vehicles and of course to a diesel engine. All that said, I need advise on the ff.:

1. Talaga bang mausok yung Carnival, lalu na if you step on the gas pedal?
    2. The stock radio was replaced w/ a Pioneer stereo, kaya lang may butas tuloy kase mas malake yung orig, any advise as to how to cover that?
    3. Di ko malaman kung saan yung pang bukas sa rear door w/o using the key, usually pag sa parking you need to open it for inspection.
    4. Saan makakabile ng surplus na mga parts, lalu sa interior?
    5. Yung fake wood panel puro gasgas, any advise on how to fix, repair or replace this?pwede mo lagyan ng vinyl stickers lke carbon fiber sticker o kaya pintura with spray paint.
    6. Talaga bang maalog pag engine off?
    7. Mahirap minsan ilagay sa 2nd gear, umaalog, normal ba to?
    8. May tumutunog sa bandang gulong sa left side esp when turning, ano kaya problema?cv joint ang maaring problem nyan. check mo kung sira na ung rubber boot.kung sira na mas malamang sa hindi na worn out na ung cv joint.
    Other questions on shops:

1. Any cheap tire dealer that sells Kelly, GT, Federal and the other tire brands? I'm from Pasig.
    2. Sa novaliches ba yung bagksakan ng surplus for all Kia Carnivals?
    3. Saan pwede mag pa interior detailing, hindi yung basta basta?
    4. Anong shop yung magaling sa diesel engines?
    I'm from Pasig nga pala, if you know some shops, pls include the telephone numbers. Hoping for some replies from the experts. Thanks in advance.
    IMHO lang po

The Kia Sedona/Carnival Thread [continued]