New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    i had a 2012 kia sorento 4x2.

as per offroad ability: in one occasion i had to go to the hilly portions of umingan, pangasinan. the roads were very rough (read that as just bulldozed over with no gravel overlay) and muddy but the sorento held up to the challenge. so if it is just the occasional softroading then yes even a 4x2 sorento can handle it.

build quality: body, suspension, engine and tranny are decent. the only problem for the older sorentos (and santa fes) is the rear abs sensor assembly. in the 5 years i had the sorento this was the only part i had to replace. it is a common problem for both kia sorento and hyundai santa fe. i am of course talking about the older model and not the new 2018 sorento.
    Had a 2012 Santa Fe. Ever since though, the interior was quite loose and squeaky. Right now, to add to the loose interior, the mechanical parts are always kalampag and we can hear the noise whenever we pass rough roads. Meanwhile our older japanese cars are still totally intact.

We are considering another korean car kasi. I am wondering if within 5 years would quality have improved a lot? I dont want to be experiencing loose interior and kalampag again.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post
    Had a 2012 Santa Fe. Ever since though, the interior was quite loose and squeaky. Right now, to add to the loose interior, the mechanical parts are always kalampag and we can hear the noise whenever we pass rough roads. Meanwhile our older japanese cars are still totally intact.

We are considering another korean car kasi. I am wondering if within 5 years would quality have improved a lot? I dont want to be experiencing loose interior and kalampag again.
    Is this the new santa fe that was released in that same year or older one before it?

3. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by claytonyu View Post

Have a 2013 Santa Fe (3rd gen/DM). It is also makalampag on rough roads [emoji22] our family will probably stay away from koreans for a while but I gotta admit, korean cars look stunning nowadays. But I don’t think it matches with the terrain/road quality we have here in the philippines. In korea, roads are smooth like some of Europe & US, that’s why it never became an issue on reviews abroad. Maybe this is why the koreans never paid attention to ride quality on rough roads. For the japanese, with their years of experience, they probably figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by babybackrivs View Post
    Have a 2013 Santa Fe (3rd gen/DM). It is also makalampag on rough roads [emoji22] our family will probably stay away from koreans for a while but I gotta admit, korean cars look stunning nowadays. But I don’t think it matches with the terrain/road quality we have here in the philippines. In korea, roads are smooth like some of Europe & US, that’s why it never became an issue on reviews abroad. Maybe this is why the koreans never paid attention to ride quality on rough roads. For the japanese, with their years of experience, they probably figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is because a lot of pickups (along with their ppv counterparts) are made in thailand, which probably have roads akin to our country. Though i might say some of their cars, like the starex/grand starex, have exceptional underchassis that seems to be on par with the current flat-nosed vans. I could be wrong though. 😂

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sa akin naman, before I bought a Korean car, all previous ones were Japanese & I had issues with the suspension & body NVH. Yung mga Japanese cars ko all had issues with alignment & uneven tire wear. I had 3 Nissan cars & they were known to have poor suspension quality. Over time, it just became the standard, that car suspensions will eventually give in because of the Phil road quality. With my 2014 Accent, having 137k on it’s odometer & the route is mostly the SLEX, STAR, MCX tollway & generally paved but wavy roads here in Alabang, Paranaque & Las Piñas, body NVH is still great. It was just recently that I noticed some creaking when I fly over wavy roads. Otherwise, alignment is excellent & no major suspension issues. FYI, my trunk & back seats are full of my work gear. So I am quite happy with my Korean car.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTcervan View Post
    It is because a lot of pickups (along with their ppv counterparts) are made in thailand, which probably have roads akin to our country. Though i might say some of their cars, like the starex/grand starex, have exceptional underchassis that seems to be on par with the current flat-nosed vans. I could be wrong though. [emoji23]
    My Grand Starex has more intact unserchassis than the Hiace Commuter I have. Shocks are leaking on my rear sa Hiace, though mas ma byahe ang Hiace ko pero almost the same lang din routes namin

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

7. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Sa akin naman, before I bought a Korean car, all previous ones were Japanese & I had issues with the suspension & body NVH. Yung mga Japanese cars ko all had issues with alignment & uneven tire wear. I had 3 Nissan cars & they were known to have poor suspension quality. Over time, it just became the standard, that car suspensions will eventually give in because of the Phil road quality. With my 2014 Accent, having 137k on it’s odometer & the route is mostly the SLEX, STAR, MCX tollway & generally paved but wavy roads here in Alabang, Paranaque & Las Piñas, body NVH is still great. It was just recently that I noticed some creaking when I fly over wavy roads. Otherwise, alignment is excellent & no major suspension issues. FYI, my trunk & back seats are full of my work gear. So I am quite happy with my Korean car.
    I dunno, pero ayan din problems ng Toyota ko alignment. Kahit parehas na shop dinadalhan ko mas madalas ako magpa align ng Vios at Hiace ko compared sa Starex at H100

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    I still have the car aligned yearly even though I don’t feel any “kabig” or abnormal tire wear. With the amount of road I have to cover weekly, I’ve had my share of potholes,bumps, humps, curbs etc. Not all smooth, even roads, mind you.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by jaggerx3 View Post
    My Grand Starex has more intact unserchassis than the Hiace Commuter I have. Shocks are leaking on my rear sa Hiace, though mas ma byahe ang Hiace ko pero almost the same lang din routes namin

Must be the fact that the hiace was used to carry loads often and that are more heavier than what the starex does, which might explain the wear and tear of the suspension.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Just a quick question for you guys, when you have your PMS, either in the casa or your local talyer, do you have the body bolts tightened? I have this done as a habit every PMS (5,000 kms) & it helps keep the body components solid.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast