New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    [SIZE=2]Indeed, CRDI engines do smoke but they are almost invisible. I havent seen CRDI smoking in white, usually its black and happens only during intitial-high revving of engine. They say this is normal because of engine's EGR that produces more heavy particulates(soot) inside exhaust pipe that when accumulated would give black smoke on initial or sudden engine revolution..Try cleaning your exhaust pipe with garden hose and water then observe if it will dissappear(temporarily). Maybe for permanent solution, try installing water methanol injection to burn the soot, decrease exhaust gas temp, and lessen particulate buildup..
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Guys thanx to everyone.. it helped a lot..

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jatcos View Post
    [SIZE=2]Indeed, CRDI engines do smoke but they are almost invisible. I havent seen CRDI smoking in white, usually its black and happens only during intitial-high revving of engine. They say this is normal because of engine's EGR that produces more heavy particulates(soot) inside exhaust pipe that when accumulated would give black smoke on initial or sudden engine revolution..Try cleaning your exhaust pipe with garden hose and water then observe if it will dissappear(temporarily). Maybe for permanent solution, try installing water methanol injection to burn the soot, decrease exhaust gas temp, and lessen particulate buildup..
    [/SIZE]
    Maybe kia dealers does not use the proper motor oil. JUst like in vgt crdi engine of carens, the manual indicate that carens equipt with catalyzed particulate filter(CPF) should use acea c3 classification oil , but they use only petron sl/cI oil for all kia car. When I checked the Petron trekker motor oil with API spec of SL/CI ,it does not have acea c3 which means it did not meet oil requirement of kia. Without proper use of oil , the exhaust may clog the inlet pipe of the filter causing it to be inefficient and eventually destroy the engine.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by wiper View Post
    Maybe kia dealers does not use the proper motor oil. JUst like in vgt crdi engine of carens, the manual indicate that carens equipt with catalyzed particulate filter(CPF) should use acea c3 classification oil , but they use only petron sl/cI oil for all kia car. When I checked the Petron trekker motor oil with API spec of SL/CI ,it does not have acea c3 which means it did not meet oil requirement of kia. Without proper use of oil , the exhaust may clog the inlet pipe of the filter causing it to be inefficient and eventually destroy the engine.
    *wiper.. I hope you can write a letter to columbian regarding the oil being used. I talked to my SA and columbian is strict in using only KIA-OIL for new vehicle. we are not allowed to bring any oil otherwise our warranty will be voided.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by yapoy86 View Post
    i suggest you try changing the diesel brand you are using... low quality diesel will surely cause black smoke even on modern crdi diesel engines...

there is still chance that your diesel engine will still produce black smoke especially during hard acceleration where your exhaust pipe carbon deposits becomes loose... in turn you will see black smoke..

also another cause is that there is no 100% efficient engine so during hard acceleration, your engine will need more fuel to give you the boost you need but in turn, the engine may not be able to burn all the fuel in that instant of boost..

it is good for diesel engines for time to time be subject for hard acceleration so that carbon deposits on exhaust are taken out.. this is a way of "self cleaning" of your exhaust system..
    how about po sa kia carens, newly top overhaul cya tapos pinalitan na yung fuel filter ung egrna clean n din pati ung airflow nya, tas ilang araw lang d pa gaanong nagagamit umaandar pero namamatay pag patatakbuhin na tapos ang itim sobra ng usok nya.... pano po kaya ito ano po bang dapat gawin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Does KIA CRDi Engine emit black smoke?