New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    May '08 Kia Sportage ako kapag nagoovertake ako nagdadownshift ung gear nya para mas malakas ang pulling power napapansin ko itim na usok ang lumalabas sa exhaust ko kapag tintingnan ko ung center mirror. Normal lng b ito?

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    i suggest you try changing the diesel brand you are using... low quality diesel will surely cause black smoke even on modern crdi diesel engines...

there is still chance that your diesel engine will still produce black smoke especially during hard acceleration where your exhaust pipe carbon deposits becomes loose... in turn you will see black smoke..

also another cause is that there is no 100% efficient engine so during hard acceleration, your engine will need more fuel to give you the boost you need but in turn, the engine may not be able to burn all the fuel in that instant of boost..

it is good for diesel engines for time to time be subject for hard acceleration so that carbon deposits on exhaust are taken out.. this is a way of "self cleaning" of your exhaust system..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Tnx For the reply yapoy i will try changing my diesel brand because i use petron ill try changing to shell diesel

4. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    it also depends dun sa station where you buy diesel... minsan kahit shell may pagkakataon na pangit pa din ang quality ng diesel...lalo na dun sa mga stations na mas mura ang diesel...

kahit sa L300 mitsubishi namin may pagkakataon na mausok pag pangit ang diesel na naikarga...

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    To answer your question, yes.

I recently convoyed with a month old brand new (no plate) Kia Carnival. It only emitted black smoke whenever it had a quicker acceleration and also during uphill surface climbing.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    how about D4D engines of toyota does it emit black smoke?

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    blade10 * hindi naman dapat black smoke.. minimal lang dapat kahit high rev on CRDi engine.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    same with my starex crdi, lalabas ang usok pag hi rev at oovertake ako, sabi ng iba di daw nila kita usok, ako kita ko sa rear underview mirror eh, pero nawawala naman agad pag nka-arangkada na sya.. i think its normal lang, paminsan minsan lang ang piga ika nga.. hehe

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Any CRDi will emit black smoke at full acceleration if the fuel is dirty. I've seen it out of BMWs, Hyundai/Kias. Toyotas, Fords, etcetera. As long as the smoke goes away when off-load (cruising), it's okay... but if it smokes more than normal, you should change gas stations and find a cleaner one.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mine (Carens) does emit gray smoke specially during a sudden downshift (to first gear) on an uphill climb. On startup, I also notice that gray smoke coming out but eventually fades out after a few seconds. Initially, I was a bit concerned because I think new engines should give out exhaust that way I think it's still normal. I still see Toyota Innovas with D4D emitting the same exhaust color on the roads. The smell of the exhaust is quite different from the normal exhause of jeepneys so I think the engine is still clean as far as the exhaust is concerned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Does KIA CRDi Engine emit black smoke?