New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    I grew up driving manual & the Sportage is my first automatic, although I’ve driven other automatics before. I’ve used the Sportronic tranny in Normal mode going up Kennon Rd., more for control on the curves than anything else. I tried using it in Sport mode but quickly shifted back to normal since the car is more sensitive in Sport & Kennon is not the right road to experiment on. But even w/o engaging the Sportronic, it’s fully capable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    The Sportage is more than capable to go up Kennon. I have used a less powerful car going up Kennon and never had any problems. I didn’t even have to use the paddle shifters on that car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    When I test drove the car this past MIAS, I tried switching from normal to sport mode using the paddle shifters. I noticed that the engine was more responsive during normal mode. I was able to push it more and rev the rpm higher compared to sports mode which I find weird. I thought it would be the opposite. Any thoughts on this?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecs View Post
    When I test drove the car this past MIAS, I tried switching from normal to sport mode using the paddle shifters. I noticed that the engine was more responsive during normal mode. I was able to push it more and rev the rpm higher compared to sports mode which I find weird. I thought it would be the opposite. Any thoughts on this?
    My Sportage is not a GT-Line with paddle shifters, but based on what I do with the Sportronic tranny, you have to engage the Sport mode by pressing this button (Drive Mode) located below the gear shift. A yellow SPORT (other is ECO; NORMAL has no light) will light up on the dash, indicating that SPORT mode is now engaged. Only then will the engine tuning change. The accelerator is actually very sensitive in SPORT. Press to much & you can get wheel squeals.
    In case you have an Apple gadget, you can download a free app on the Sportage detailing the features. Helps a lot.

Last edited by bloowolf; April 11th, 2019 at 10:57 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2014

5. Join Date
    May 2009
    The 3 SAs I've spoken to can't seem to give me a firm date on when one will be available.

I've already indicated my intention to purchase a GT Line if all of my conditions are met, but it looks like the new management is still working out the kinks of their new acquisition.

Now comes news of Ayala Corps. many management mishaps, Manila Water, Globe and just recently BPI being offline for more than 48 hours.

People are losing money and patience. I myself am a former Ayala employee but this is not very encouraging.

What gives? Political jitters and uncertainty on the outcome of the coming elections?

Sorry if I am being off-topic, this is affecting my decision to purchase a new car this year.

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    I learned something interesting yesterday when I visited the local dealership, they had an LX on display as well as a Stinger so I wanted to satisfy my curiosity.

The SA I spoke to says that a lot of Koreans are actually inquiring and are keenly interested in the 2019 version. It seems they've heard great things from their fellows in their homeland.

I just hope they won't be too disappointed with the absence of some of the features.

If they purchase a lot of them, that's good news for those of us with the new Gen. 4 versions as well I would think. More available parts, better servicing (with ACI at the helm), higher quality models and specs.

Fingers crossed.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014

8. Join Date
    May 2009
    KIA on Tour, that means they will be doing it in many dealerships, hopefully they'll do it here as well. hehe.

Thanks for sharing sir Bloo.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    I learned something interesting yesterday when I visited the local dealership, they had an LX on display as well as a Stinger so I wanted to satisfy my curiosity.

The SA I spoke to says that a lot of Koreans are actually inquiring and are keenly interested in the 2019 version. It seems they've heard great things from their fellows in their homeland.

I just hope they won't be too disappointed with the absence of some of the features.

If they purchase a lot of them, that's good news for those of us with the new Gen. 4 versions as well I would think. More available parts, better servicing (with ACI at the helm), higher quality models and specs.

Fingers crossed.
    San dealer to? I have already seen the GT Line at MIAS. I want to see if the GT Line is worth the additional 300k.

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by phil3199 View Post
    San dealer to? I have already seen the GT Line at MIAS. I want to see if the GT Line is worth the additional 300k.
    KIA- Clark. LX version is on display. GT-Line variant by May or June pa daw.

I think dealerships in M.M. have both on display already.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
2019 Kia Sportage test drive