New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    But....but.... you're the resident QL expert sir!

Hehe, just pulling your leg sir Bloo.

I was surprised lang kasi first time ko nakita ganyang mags sa QL. Usually they're the spoke-like design.

And these look bigger than 17 inches. Possibly 18s or even 19s.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk
    Those are Grand Carnival rims. 18s

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Luap View Post
    Those are Grand Carnival rims. 18s

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Kaya pala parang ngayon ko lang nakita sa isang Sporty. Haha!

Thanks for the clarification Master Luap. [emoji16]

3. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Mga boss, i have another question. What temperature do you usually set your sportys. I noticed that in order for the cabin to cool, i need to set the thermostatt to at least 23 and most of the time i set it at 22. Is that normal? or do i need to have my aircon cleaned, filter changed or the freon topped up? BTW, when i set the thermostat to low, it gets really cold, so the aircon works.

Comparing it with our Monty, even if the setting in our Monty is 25 or 26, the cabin gets cooled. TIA.

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    Mga boss, i have another question. What temperature do you usually set your sportys. I noticed that in order for the cabin to cool, i need to set the thermostatt to at least 23 and most of the time i set it at 22. Is that normal? or do i need to have my aircon cleaned, filter changed or the freon topped up? BTW, when i set the thermostat to low, it gets really cold, so the aircon works.

Comparing it with our Monty, even if the setting in our Monty is 25 or 26, the cabin gets cooled. TIA.

Sportages are notorious for less than ideal A/C systems. It's a known weakness across all generations. I think because they make them in SoKor where they don't use cold air systems very often due to the low temps they experience almost all year long.

I think what you have is normal sir. I've compensated by getting a tint with a higher TSER rating. I opted for the Huper Optik Essential, only takes 2 to 3 minutes to cool down the cabin at 25 degrees setting.

Just to be sure, have it checked by your dealer, maybe you need to look at your cabin filter as well, baka may clog.

HTH.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sportages are notorious for less than ideal A/C systems. It's a known weakness across all generations. I think because they make them in SoKor where they don't use cold air systems very often due to the low temps they experience almost all year long.

I think what you have is normal sir. I've compensated by getting a tint with a higher TSER rating. I opted for the Huper Optik Essential, only takes 2 to 3 minutes to cool down the cabin at 25 degrees setting.

Just to be sure, have it checked by your dealer, maybe you need to look at your cabin filter as well, baka may clog.

HTH.
    Since mine isn’t the GT, it has the manual a/c. I have no complaints about it. It is actually cold at just above halfway thermostat setting. It actually frequently fogs up my glasses when I get off the car. My daughter would frequently shut off the rear vent when it gets too cold for her.
    Maybe you should get it looked at & I guess, calibrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Since mine isn’t the GT, it has the manual a/c. I have no complaints about it. It is actually cold at just above halfway thermostat setting. It actually frequently fogs up my glasses when I get off the car. My daughter would frequently shut off the rear vent when it gets too cold for her.
    Maybe you should get it looked at & I guess, calibrated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Personal experience ko pala sir Bloo, whenever our local climate gets cooler, my body tends to get used to the lower temps. So whenever I drive any car which does not have a low-temp setting, I feel like kulang yung cold air na lumalabas. It happens almost every time summer humidity drops and we begin to feel Amihan blowing our way.

Back in the old days when I was a total dumbass, I remember complaining to my local A/C repair shop na parang kulang yung nilagay nyang freon, haha!

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014

HTH.
    Thanks sir. I actually have no problem cooling the car (even if the car is left in the sun), it gets cooled quickly. My only concern is the normal (running) setting. If the normal setting is at 25, the air coming from the vents doesn't feel cold. it has to be set at 23 or 22 in order for the air coming from the vent to feel cold. Hence, my normal thermostat setting is currently set at 22. its cold. but if i set it to 25, the air doesnt get cooled. Our other car's normal thermostat setting is 25 and its cold. Even my old altis, even if set at 28 (which is the highest or hottest setting) feels cold. although, i noticed that the highest setting for the sporty is 31 (i think). Im thinking that it is ipossible that our aircon is designed to work both as a cooler and heater? - which is useful/ needed in other countries. Since they did not expect to sell too many units here in PH they did not bother to fit it with a PH climate suited aircon.

Sir, unless you think its urgent, i could wait until my next pms (which is still months away) to have it checked at the dealership.

oh and i have read that the airconditioning system is one of the sporty's weaknesses hence, i am bit paranoid.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Found another QL in my neck of the woods. Saw it twice on the road today and so happens we both parked near the local LBC.

I don't recognize the mags though. First time I've seen this variation.

Master B, any thoughts? 2016 or 17 ?

probably not 2017. 2017 doesn't have the light thing (not sure what its called) on the front fender.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    CROWDSOURCING lang mga boss. Anyone here had their HUs replaced? Recommendation lang sana sa marunong mag install. already have the head unit. I just need to find a tech who can install it. TIA

10. Join Date
    Mar 2014