New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sparc179 View Post
    They might need a change of underwear Master E. [emoji16]

Or at least have a stiff drink right afterwards.

I would love to drive that thing all the way to Pagudpud on the TPLEX with no toll booths and enforcers along the way, hehehe.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk
    Even just from Clark to Dinalupihan, I would love to know how much more fun it can offer. Driving near 200kmh in heavy rain near the end of the tires’ grip can be scary but with the Stinger, it was composed and we couldn’t complain.

Kia and Hyundai have both gone a long way from its bad reputation in the late 90s. In such a short time, they were able to transform themselves. The new Kia Telluride is a candidate of MororTrend’s SUV of the year competing against the likes of the Outback, Aviator, GLE, and X3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Even just from Clark to Dinalupihan, I would love to know how much more fun it can offer. Driving near 200kmh in heavy rain near the end of the tires’ grip can be scary but with the Stinger, it was composed and we couldn’t complain.

Kia and Hyundai have both gone a long way from its bad reputation in the late 90s. In such a short time, they were able to transform themselves. The new Kia Telluride is a candidate of MororTrend’s SUV of the year competing against the likes of the Outback, Aviator, GLE, and X3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe the fact that there were 4 of us in the car that day was also helpful in keeping the car stable in the wet. If only we had a lot more fuel and no phone call from the wifey Master E. [emoji38]

Hyundai/KIA have improved quite a bit for sure. Just look at all the Solutos on the road nowadays. The specs and features rival the TOTL Vios and other compacts.

Sent from my vivo 1901 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    It didn’t help that the Japanese had tax perks while Korean cars didn’t. It cemented into the minds of pinoys then that Korean cars were not worth it. Now, with the quality surpassing that of most in the region, prices have been very competitive. Buying quality has been made affordable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bloowolf View Post
    Ah, I think it’s better than mine. Although, aside from the body roll in corners (that I manage w/ down shifts & engine braking) probably the smoothest & most comfortable cars Ive owned.

I would be more than happy to let you try mine when we get a chance Master B. Just to compare with yours, if you like.

It didn’t help that the Japanese had tax perks while Korean cars didn’t. It cemented into the minds of pinoys then that Korean cars were not worth it. Now, with the quality surpassing that of most in the region, prices have been very competitive. Buying quality has been made affordable.

Totally agree, the lack of incentives to market the So-Kor brands were a big disadvantage. Luckily, more people are seeing how viable this option can be when it comes to vehicle choices.

Let's have more reliable cars on the road please. No more of the brand-conscious sheeple.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    I am a butt man myself!

I like the butt as well but its the eyes that really got me mesmerized.

BTW, #Sharingiscaring. I ordered a bunch of stuff - shopee, lazada and aliexpress - for my baby and i will share it here in case you guys want to splurge. Let me know if off topic so i can delete this post.

Anyway, the first one that arrived is this:

20191117_124629.jpg

around 300 bucks from shopee. will post more as they arrive.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by black0men007 View Post
    I like the butt as well but its the eyes that really got me mesmerized.

BTW, #Sharingiscaring. I ordered a bunch of stuff - shopee, lazada and aliexpress - for my baby and i will share it here in case you guys want to splurge. Let me know if off topic so i can delete this post.

Anyway, the first one that arrived is this:

20191117_124629.jpg

around 300 bucks from shopee. will post more as they arrive.
    Sharing is most welcome brah. I got this also. One of the most useful I got are the 3M door handle pocket films. Prevents scratches on the door pockets. Also those felt door kick protectors. Unfortunately, wifey scratches the plsstics all around with her bags, bracelets, rings & others. Malapit ko na ma-ban ire

7. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Sharing is most welcome brah. I got this also. One of the most useful I got are the 3M door handle pocket films. Prevents scratches on the door pockets. Also those felt door kick protectors. Unfortunately, wifey scratches the plsstics all around with her bags, bracelets, rings & others. Malapit ko na ma-ban ire

Sir where did you get the 3m Door Handle for the pockets? whats the felt door kick protectors?

No wifey yet, but there is a someone who commented that since i got my precious, i have been a gentleman (extra). opening the door for her. i couldn't tell her that its because I don't want her scratching the inside of the door handles. (though i think she knows).

And now when i park, my primary consideration is no longer proximity to the entrance but I look for a slot where I think the chances of dings will be minimized, if not eliminated altogether.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Sir where did you get the 3m Door Handle for the pockets? whats the felt door kick protectors?

No wifey yet, but there is a someone who commented that since i got my precious, i have been a gentleman (extra). opening the door for her. i couldn't tell her that its because I don't want her scratching the inside of the door handles. (though i think she knows).

And now when i park, my primary consideration is no longer proximity to the entrance but I look for a slot where I think the chances of dings will be minimized, if not eliminated altogether.
    I got it from ebay, but since then, I see some in Lazada, but not 3M. It is clear, hardly noticable.

9. Join Date
    May 2009

Those door bowl protectors are great. Just replace them after a few years because they will get discolored over time, as with all clear plastic films.

The first time my wife was about to board our Sporty, she asked me if she should remove her shoes first and just wear socks while riding. She said it sarcastically of course, but I could see her smirking, mocking me for the "New Car OCD" which we all go through the first few months, or is it years?

I always try to park where there is only one other car beside mine. I don't mind parking at the very end of the lot if needed. Gives me an excuse to get some exercise by walking anyway. hehe.

Speaking of, I'm thinking of having the door entry portions wrapped in black vinyl from the foot up to the height of the head rests, to protect them also from scuffs, dings and scratches. It might cost a pretty penny but might be worth it over time. I have 2 small kids so it is a major consideration for me.

Still waiting on my order for the deep dish boot liner.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    #sharingiscaring.

My net and the deep dish mat has arrived. Will post pictures later.

20191122_125736.jpg

20191122_125754.jpg

BTW, i saw my precious' twin - a black GT. I think they (owner and the GT) live in one of the condos around my area.