New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by desert fox View Post
    Crossover sub-compact vehicle ang KIA soul bro....

http://www.kia-world.net/index.php/2...o-school-cars/
    Bro, I stand to be corrected. Sorry if mali kasi yung naka aksidente ako eh, ang Insurance category nang bayad sa Participation ko ay SUV. 12k.

Kaya I assume in legal transactions and classification eh, SUV. Crossover sub - compact pala na vehicle. Sa Insurance kasi at LTO dalawa lang Sedan and SUV. kaya SUV ang category nila to the fact it is a CROSSOVER SUB-COMPACT.

Thanks bro, you in-lighted my soul heheheh....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by rog69 View Post
    Bro, I stand to be corrected. Sorry if mali kasi yung naka aksidente ako eh, ang Insurance category nang bayad sa Participation ko ay SUV. 12k.

Kaya I assume in legal transactions and classification eh, SUV. Crossover sub - compact pala na vehicle. Sa Insurance kasi at LTO dalawa lang Sedan and SUV. kaya SUV ang category nila to the fact it is a CROSSOVER SUB-COMPACT.

Thanks bro, you in-lighted my soul heheheh....
    ok lang cool pa din ang soul, 2 pinoy na nakita ko me dala nyan dito sa al khobar saudi arabia...

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Sir,

I beg to dis agree with you about the SOUL is not an SUV? With due respect po... I've been driving and owned a SOUL 2.0 it is classified in the LTO and Insurance as SUV. pati sa CAR WASH eh SUV ang bayaran.

It is compact SUV though, but it is an SUV in legal transactions.

Sir, ask ko lang if may alam kayu saan makaka bili nang ANTI THEFT TIRE VALVE CAP AND MAG NUTS LUCK?

Thanks po.
    That's how the LTO makes money. The LTO also tells me my Lynx is a "luxury car" simply because it has a 2 liter engine. What a laugh.

Could be worse. I could be driving a 4WD Delica, in which case some toll roads will charge me cargo truck rates because the Delica is too tall to be considered a regular van.

Car washes regard the Soul as an SUV because they can charge more. Reason being, it's tall enough that they need a stool to wipe off the roof.

In the end: archaic classification by the LTO and car washes = you're getting ripped off. But what's new with the Philippines?

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Sir,

I beg to dis agree with you about the SOUL is not an SUV? With due respect po... I've been driving and owned a SOUL 2.0 it is classified in the LTO and Insurance as SUV. pati sa CAR WASH eh SUV ang bayaran.
    Just because LTO registration and car wash classifies it as an SUV, it does not mean it's an SUV.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Mga Sirs,

Thanks for your open discussion and clarification, Tama po si "desert fox" Crossover sub-compact vehicle ang KIA soul "No argue about that. But my point is why the hell they, I mean in legal transactions considered it as an SUV while it could categorize under it?

Eh nakakamahal kakasi if SUV ang clasification sa vehicle mo when in fact it could be a SEDAN? Its like in the form of lease and legal transaction in real properties and buildings.

For example: If it is commercial property iba ang bayaran sa Tubig at kuryente pati sa real state tax, compare sa private proverty. May mga house na category as commercial property if it is inside the area of commercial property maski private house lang yun, etc.

In this case if we will follow the classification of a Crossover Sub-compact where it is belong with? What should be the real classification to follow?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga Sirs,

Thanks for your open discussion and clarification, Tama po si "desert fox" Crossover sub-compact vehicle ang KIA soul "No argue about that. But my point is why the hell they, I mean in legal transactions considered it as an SUV while it could categorize under it?

Eh nakakamahal kakasi if SUV ang clasification sa vehicle mo when in fact it could be a SEDAN? Its like in the form of lease and legal transaction in real properties and buildings.

For example: If it is commercial property iba ang bayaran sa Tubig at kuryente pati sa real state tax, compare sa private proverty. May mga house na category as commercial property if it is inside the area of commercial property maski private house lang yun, etc.

In this case if we will follow the classification of a Crossover Sub-compact where it is belong with? What should be the real classification to follow?
    You should take it up with one's sales agent upon purchase to make sure in the registration, the type of vehicle will be written correctly (sedan).

7. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You should take it up with one's sales agent upon purchase to make sure in the registration, the type of vehicle will be written correctly (sedan).
    But it was written in SUV kasi, all of the Soul daw ito yung clear and legal classification SUV.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    But it was written in SUV kasi, all of the Soul daw ito yung clear and legal classification SUV.
    I guess the units were classed as SUVs upon importation so Kia would have to register them as SUVs too.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    ah kaya naman pala mahal sya hehehehe...

10. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    the kia soul is suv bec. it's using 205/x/R16

my crv gen 1 is only using 205/70/R15. mas maganda pa nga specs ng gulong ng kia soul eh hehehe

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
2010 Kia Soul 1.6L CVVT with 4A/T