New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 118 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1868108114115116117118119120121122128 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,180 of 1672
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    how about the peugeot 5008?

Honestly, I'm not familiar with that. Is that being sold locally? How much is its SRP? How much is the maintenance cost for a Peugeot here?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    nakita ko lang din sa google sir.. 1.6M to 1.8M ang pricing.. 7 seater.. 1.6 Dieasel and 2.0 Diesel.. yung top of the line may panoramic sun roof..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    eto sir..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    nakita ko lang din sa google sir.. 1.6M to 1.8M ang pricing.. 7 seater.. 1.6 Dieasel and 2.0 Diesel.. yung top of the line may panoramic sun roof..

Looks nice but it's way too expensive for me. My budget will probably be P1.2M max... and that's stretching it already.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanren View Post
    Meron na ba nakasubok sa inyo na i blank yung egr ng carens nyo? It was recommended by one mechanic (outside casa) and i am contemplating on it. Bumalik ulit kasi yung sluggish performance at rough na naman yung idle.

If given a choice of either blanking your carens' egr or just cleaning it periodically, which one would you consider?

Thanks.
    May I know what "Blanking" means?

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    ^

hindi kaya resetting?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebeard View Post
    May I know what "Blanking" means?
    Sir it is the complete or partial blocking of the egr (short of by passing the egr) using a blocking plate (either customized or a kit)

Quote Originally Posted by Retz
    ^ hindi kaya resetting?
    Yes sir.. After the blocking, i re remap o i re reset yung ecu ..
    Last edited by Hanren; November 21st, 2012 at 06:38 PM.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Guys share ko lang experience ko sa carens ko... Mine is 3 1/2 years old with 31.6k mileage on the odometer. It is already due for check up kamalas malasan ko lang when i was about to bring my car to the service center, the glow plug sign suddenly lit and there was sudden loss of power for no apprarent reason. But wait there's more!! The fuel gauge suddenly gives me an erratic reading. (sudden goes up and down).

Anyways, i quicky brought it to the service center at voila!! Hindi mabasa ang ecu ko sa computer nila, but after cleaning all the contacts naging ok na, all readings were normal. But the SA insisted that on top of the regular change oil tune up, the following needs to be done due to loss of power:

1.) Clean EGR (which was already done during my 25k checkup)
    2.) Replace Air Filter element (which was already replaced during my 25k checkup)
    3.) Clean injectors and replace injector washers

Total damage: P10k++, wala pa final kasi nde pa ako nabill. My car is still in the casa.

Well, just want to share my experience para alam nyo din. Nakakapagtaka lang na ganun ba kabilis madumihan ang egr ko, and I use Petron Turbo Diesel pa...

Moreover, simple mods were done to the car:

1.) installed turbo timer
    2.) installed hid low and hid fogs
    3.) installed strut bars and i removed the top engine cover as the cover sits on top of the strut bar creating a rattling sound.

I think one of the reasons why my injectors and washers needs to be cleaned and replaced is that i removed the engine cover, which caused the injectors na madumihan agad. Nagtopak ang ECU maybe because of the turbo timer and the hid lights installed.

SO BE CAREFUL WHEN INSTALLING MODS ON YOUR CAR. a lot of sensors get confused HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Pero eto ang pinagtataka ko, all the mods were done 6 months ago, why all of a sudden biglang nagloko yung kotse just now?? I just don't get it, may be you guys can enlighten me on this one...

Thanks!!

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Hi sirs,

Mine is 2008 model CRDI a/t carens 25k mileage, pls allow me to post here. The other day lang po, while stoping, bigla nawala ung power ng accelerator, even the rpm hindi gumalaw. then after a couple of on-off ignition (even w/turbo timer, nagoff agad ung engine if switched off), gumana naman ulit ung accelerator. Then i headed straight to the car repair center (not kia), they checked through computer, wala naman error sa codes nakita. They cleaned the air flow sensor ata kc madumi daw but while i was about to pick the car since sbi nila observe lang daw muna, bigla naman bumalik yung problem, no acceleration power and white smoke lumabas sa exhaust.
    what could this be? as of now nasa repair shop pa, they are trustworthy naman and have updated machines for checking, although im considering to bringing it sa CASA.. is this the same with the EGR cleaning concerns of other carens owner encountered? I just had a turbo timer installed 2 months ago. Sana naman hindi sira ung turbo ko... any inputs would be great help..

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by eight_668 View Post
    Hi sirs,

Mine is 2008 model CRDI a/t carens 25k mileage, pls allow me to post here. The other day lang po, while stoping, bigla nawala ung power ng accelerator, even the rpm hindi gumalaw. then after a couple of on-off ignition (even w/turbo timer, nagoff agad ung engine if switched off), gumana naman ulit ung accelerator. Then i headed straight to the car repair center (not kia), they checked through computer, wala naman error sa codes nakita. They cleaned the air flow sensor ata kc madumi daw but while i was about to pick the car since sbi nila observe lang daw muna, bigla naman bumalik yung problem, no acceleration power and white smoke lumabas sa exhaust.
    what could this be? as of now nasa repair shop pa, they are trustworthy naman and have updated machines for checking, although im considering to bringing it sa CASA.. is this the same with the EGR cleaning concerns of other carens owner encountered? I just had a turbo timer installed 2 months ago. Sana naman hindi sira ung turbo ko... any inputs would be great help..
    I'm no expert when it comes to this but i remember a kia mechanic mention something about oil that might be leaking into the turbo and eventually damaging it (which explains the continuous white smoke and no acceleration). Let's just hope that this is not the case. Pag marumi naman ang egr, usually, black smoke yon at loss of power, at kung minsan, naka 'limp mode' yung sasakyan (meaning hindi umaakyat yung rpm beyond 3k rpm).

My other suspect is that the fuel filter might already be clogged and needs to be replaced. Pero hindi naman ito nag ca cause ng white smoke.

Again, these are just my opinions. it is still best to have it checked at the casa since they have the right tools to diagnose your carens' problem.

2007 Kia Carens [continued]