New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by d_mac View Post
    Sir Dhon, have you tried other oils such as fully synthetics instead of semi-synthetic like the Besco 10W-30 for the Trooper? Are they good for the 4JX1-TC engine?

Besco oil is very good because it contains high Total Base Number (TBN) of almost 15 ppm KOH (potassium hydroxide in mg/g), which is important since our diesel fuels here in Philippines contains sulphur anything between 300 ppm to 500 ppm. The product of sulphur in the fuel is sulphur oxidation which is acidic and the only way to neutralise it is using an oil that contains higher alkaline contents (acid-base chemistry of neutralisation per se) such as Besco, and the higher the TBN, the better. But the Besco is also expensive, however, and you have to change it every 5000 km only.... Not quite a good proposition although it's a fact that through time the alkaline or TBN content of the diesel engine oil will reduce due to the continuous filling-up fuel and pressure combusting it inside your engine within your 5000-km mileage mark.

The only one that i see amongst all fully-synthetics that i have used so far that can somehow match Besco's high TBN is Mobil 1 Delvac Gold 5W-40, which contains above 12 ppm. All the rest like the Motul Specific-CRDi 5W-40 and the thicker Torco SDN-5 15W-40 contain less than 10 (8 ppm KOH). I stopped ever since using these two synthetics and stayed with Mobil 1 sir Dhon.

Wa sir, potang mipaintagun avaialble cu miquit tamu Pampanga for the Isuzu Club Pampanga Chapter hehe

Mingat sir.

GOD bless.

Cheers!

Hahahaha! Lahat naman ng misis walang juido sa maintenance ng sasakyan ....Pero kapag sa bahay usapan, mga repairs or ano man, maliksi sila sa paghingi ng pang-gastos

You must be missing the Trooper 3.0 4JX1-TC! What year model was it?

OFW cu mu rin sir JhunTrooper, pane overseas on different country assignments depending on the projects, although from time-to-time atsu cu Pinas.

Mingat sir and GOD bless!

Korek ka dyan sir d_mac, kaya nga evry vacation ko lang dun nalilinisan ang engine bay ng trooper ha ha ha... My first oil changed after nabili ko si trooper casa used besco oil and isuzu filters, lately nalang ako ng econo kasi mahal ang besco. But if econo oil ay nababawasan maybe sa next oil change balik besco nalang para sure,

2. Join Date
    Jul 2012

Sorry fella Isuzu guys, i made a wrong-mistake

That should have read ppt (parts per thousand), not ppm on the unit mg KOH/g. ppm should have been rather mg/Kg. pph (parts per hundred) is actually %, and so on hehe....

Cheers!

3. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Welcome Sir! Looks like we have the same model! How much did you buy it for? What is your current mileage? Ours just passed the 70t kms mark a few days ago. As you may have noticed, the Trooper is a very good car as long as you are willing to overlook its shortcomings. The power is really great, for city driving I almost never had to go past 3000rpm and it'll take 140km/h at 2500rpm in top gear. Make sure you change all fluids regularly as well as the filters. We made quite a big mistake by not changing the differential oil ever since it left the showroom since we never even knew about it. We only found out about it when the rear end of the Trooper always seem to be slipping off every time it accelerates. As for the injectors, we had them replaced for free by the casa. And then there was an incident wherein the turbo failed and so we had it replaced for around 50k for a surplus unit if memory served me right. Other than that there hasn't been much to worry about aside from the petty repairs from time to time. Just take good care of it and the car will serve you very well. Have fun with your ride!
    Nice review Boss GTi!

Wish that Isuzu just continued on improving the Trooper instead of deactivating it for good since that 3.0-litre 4JX1-TC CRDi engine produces already a sizeable torque of 360 Nm since it first came out.

Cheers!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    * sir d_mac ok lang yon sir kayanga nag foforum para matuto at makatulong...

sayang nga at di na active ang mga gurus ng mga isuzu like sir benzmizer, ganda ng trooper nya..si sir starex gold nag trooper din siya dati

5. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dh0n View Post
    * sir d_mac ok lang yon sir kayanga nag foforum para matuto at makatulong...

sayang nga at di na active ang mga gurus ng mga isuzu like sir benzmizer, ganda ng trooper nya..si sir starex gold nag trooper din siya dati
    Nasaan si chief Benzmizer ngayon?

Anyone knows?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    no idea sir andami parin nga nagsa-shout sa kanya...sana bumalik na siya para dalawa na kayong chief...

7. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dh0n View Post
    no idea sir andami parin nga nagsa-shout sa kanya...sana bumalik na siya para dalawa na kayong chief....
    Bwahehe.... Napatawa mo ako doon, hindi natuwa

i'm no chief, chief instigator puede pa boss .... Benzmizer is way too good, way well-refined, well-mannered and a peacemaker kinda guy

8. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Sir Dhon, have you tried other oils such as fully synthetics instead of semi-synthetic like the Besco 10W-30 for the Trooper? Are they good for the 4JX1-TC engine?

Besco oil is very good because it contains high Total Base Number (TBN) of almost 15 ppm KOH (potassium hydroxide in mg/g), which is important since our diesel fuels here in Philippines contains sulphur anything between 300 ppm to 500 ppm. The product of sulphur in the fuel is sulphur oxidation which is acidic and the only way to neutralise it is using an oil that contains higher alkaline contents (acid-base chemistry of neutralisation per se) such as Besco, and the higher the TBN, the better. But the Besco is also expensive, however, and you have to change it every 5000 km only.... Not quite a good proposition although it's a fact that through time the alkaline or TBN content of the diesel engine oil will reduce due to the continuous filling-up fuel and pressure combusting it inside your engine within your 5000-km mileage mark.

The only one that i see amongst all fully-synthetics that i have used so far that can somehow match Besco's high TBN is Mobil 1 Delvac Gold 5W-40, which contains above 12 ppm. All the rest like the Motul Specific-CRDi 5W-40 and the thicker Torco SDN-5 15W-40 contain less than 10 (8 ppm KOH). I stopped ever since using these two synthetics and stayed with Mobil 1 sir Dhon.

Wa sir, potang mipaintagun avaialble cu miquit tamu Pampanga for the Isuzu Club Pampanga Chapter hehe

Mingat sir.

GOD bless.

Cheers!

Hahahaha! Lahat naman ng misis walang juido sa maintenance ng sasakyan ....Pero kapag sa bahay usapan, mga repairs or ano man, maliksi sila sa paghingi ng pang-gastos

You must be missing the Trooper 3.0 4JX1-TC! What year model was it?

OFW cu mu rin sir JhunTrooper, pane overseas on different country assignments depending on the projects, although from time-to-time atsu cu Pinas.

Mingat sir and GOD bless!

sir d_mac ito ba yun mobil 1 delvac gold? hindi ko pa ito nagagamit bebenta ko sana, since motul crdi user na ako...but will try this kung ito yun sinasabi mo, gamit kasi namin ito sa crosswind and fuego namin before may 8liters pa ako naiwan sealed

since lastyear and this year lang namin nabenta yun both cars kaya may spare pa ako hindi ko na changeoil nabenta na din kasi

9. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BRIAN View Post
    d_mac ito ba yun mobil 1 delvac gold? hindi ko pa ito nagagamit bebenta ko sana, since motul crdi user na ako...but will try this kung ito yun sinasabi mo, gamit kasi namin ito sa crosswind and fuego namin before may 8liters pa ako naiwan sealed

since lastyear and this year lang namin nabenta yun both cars kaya may spare pa ako hindi ko na changeoil nabenta na din kasi

Looks like that's the old container for the heavy duty diesel fully-synth oil. It should be the same though.... Does it also have the
    API SL rating, which can also be used for gasoline-fed ones?

The new ones now that you can source from any Isuzu-Yuchengco owned service centres are either in black or gray with newer trim. Mine yata is the black-colour (i better ask wifey what colour they are as i'm always out overseas chief). Isuzu-Inteco centres don't sell Mobil oils as observed in the past, don't know though these days.

The ester-type Motul 5W-40 Specific CRDi would have been better sana since i've always like the ester-type of oils over PAO types. However, what i didn't like from that particular Motul is it doesn't have much TBN as what i've expected. Kindly note the units should be in parts per thousand (ppt or mg KOH per g) rather than in ppm, sorry for the hiccups....

Cheers sir!

10. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Looks like that's the old container for the heavy duty diesel fully-synth oil. It should be the same though.... Does it also have the
    API SL rating, which can also be used for gasoline-fed ones?

The new ones now that you can source from any Isuzu-Yuchengco owned service centres are either in black or gray with newer trim. Mine yata is the black-colour (i better ask wifey what colour they are as i'm always out overseas chief). Isuzu-Inteco centres don't sell Mobil oils as observed in the past, don't know though these days.

The ester-type Motul 5W-40 Specific CRDi would have been better sana since i've always like the ester-type of oils over PAO types. However, what i didn't like from that particular Motul is it doesn't have much TBN as what i've expected. Kindly note the units should be in parts per thousand (ppt or mg KOH per g) rather than in ppm, sorry for the hiccups....

Cheers sir!

yes sir old mobil1 na ito

upon reading it at the back ito yun ibang API rating ch4,cg4,cf4

yun motul is API SL yan gamit ko nung nag 25,000kms changeoil ako.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Trooper LS 2002 4JX1 TC-problem latest news?