New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    4jgtootsie, is it all right for me to join, too? I am buying a 2000 Trooper. Thanks.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by junrod
    4jgtootsie, is it all right for me to join, too? I am buying a 2000 Trooper. Thanks.
    Junrod,

You are very welcome try to bring other isuzu friends. PM kita para sa next EB.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Thank you!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    4JGtootsie
    pare sorry for the late reply.. ...cge next time sama ako..tnx

5. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 128trooper
    4JGtootsie
    pare sorry for the late reply.. ...cge next time sama ako..tnx
    No Problem. PM kita sa next EB.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    I have a 97 Petrol-powered 4X4 Trooper, and so far at 72,000 km, I've had no wallet catastrophe save for the usual "consumables" - battery, brakes, filters and the like. The radiator started acting up last year. Had it repaired and works like new again. The Trooper is one hell of a vehicle in terms of longevity and ride comfort. Dapat lang - it cost about Php1.5M brand new, almost 9 years ago.
    Had problems last month with engine stalling. Changed the battery, spark plugs, had the fuel pump/line/valve cleaned, but the problem won't go away. Finally took it to Isuzu Manila, and the problem was a dirty MAF (Mass Air Flow Sensor). After they cleaned it, worked fine again.
    The only down side of the ride after 72,000 km if the hefty bills at the gas station. I average 4km/liter city driving. My usual full tank now costs about Php3K. Ouch.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Hi friends,
    i just feel that i need to share this info with all of you regarding the isuzu trooper. i have a 2002 model a few months before the sky roof went out but basically the same engine,look and features .
    guys, me and 2 of my friends encountered this bloody expensive problem about its engine. being an isuzu lover we made some research ..i hope this can help.

first of all this particular model of trooper is the one we call the 1st generation common rail engine..meaning its a fuel to oil system compared to the new ones like the dmax that has a fuel to fuel system .. actually the problem of this type of engine is triggred by its common rail. have you noticed if anyone of you have purchased this model from the casa ..they always tell you that you must use their besco oil? well guys honestly this is not one of those marketing crap of the casa to make more money from the service but the true score here is that having a fuel to oil system you must use an oil that has what we call an activator. this activator in these type of oil is made specially for a fuel to oil commn rail system. now there is this small device called the (common rail pressure valve) that somehow blends whtever the oil and the fuel before it enters the system. if this stupid device fails what will happen is that it wont supply enough of that oil with your fuel and because you have a fuel to oil sysytem your engine will surely knock same as what happen to me and my friends. now the question is what cuases this pressure valve to fail? ok.. we did more research on this why in other countries cases like this doesnt happen and the only reason we can find is the deisel fuel we have here in the philippines being euro2 compliance compared to other countries that is using euro4compliance.

but isn't it the job of isuzu to know this crap before selling it to us? stupid thing not to see huh? but in fairness they have sent some jap engineers to fix this problem and made some modifications with its system that is now in the sky roof models but ofcourse still it didn't work...

people in isuzu knows about this problem a long time ago but becoz this is the philippines wer the law is merely a suggestion they just keep a blind eye on this problem rather than recalling it. but incase youre engine breaks down coz of this problem they will give you a15% discount on parts and labor ..so it will put u on a level of shelling out like 118 thou more or less for engine overhauling and replacement of this small device called the commn rail pressure valve.

i suggest if you guys are planning to buy this model.. try to talk to an isuzu cheif mechanic in the casa and just try to bring up these facts ..see how they react.. maybe this problem is too blown out already for them to cover it up;)

i hope this will give you guys some info on what to expect from the trooper

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    after reading stoked message, made me think... I am using petron all terrain... does this have an activator same as what besco has??? I have been using petron for 4 yrs so far no problem... but if it is not compatible then i might not have a choice but to switch back to besco...

any comments??? thanks...

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Mdpo, Chronophile, Stoked,

In Behalf of my brothers at IMG.We would like to invite you to join our group. Nothing formal just getting to know other isuzu owners. We are really interested to know your experiences with your rides. Hope to see you all in one of our informal get together.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by mdpo
    after reading stoked message, made me think... I am using petron all terrain... does this have an activator same as what besco has??? I have been using petron for 4 yrs so far no problem... but if it is not compatible then i might not have a choice but to switch back to besco...

any comments??? thanks...
    mdpo, im really not sure if that type of oil you are using has the same specifactaion as the besco.. i think the best thing to do is to find out and compare the specications of these oils.. but based on what you said 4 years with no problem i think thats pretty 0k but just check to be sure. but if your trooper is before 2002 model i think you have no problem

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast
Trooper 4JX1 2002-up model