New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    *paulchua: Very saddened by your plight. But don't assume that those who are questioning your story are Isuzu agents... note progen has been here since 2003... (that's not saying none of us are, though...) ...but those unfamiliar with the infamous 4JX1 will not know how bad things can get for unfortunate owners. Pasensiya na.

My friend got rid of his Trooper just last year after a lot of heartache and frustration. We're both Isuzu owners, and we both believed in the infallibility of Isuzu diesel engines back then. Two years back, when he started having these problems, I'd assumed it was because of poor preventive maintenance by his driver (not cooling it down after long trips, and the like), but that was before I'd learned about the problems other Trooper owners were experiencing.

I guess, there should be a caveat... Isuzu engines are indestructible... as long as they're not 4JX1s...

I don't know what your protest can do now, so long after the Trooper went off the market, but it's probably unfair that Mitsubishi got the grand rubdown for the problems with the Pajero, while Isuzu gets off scot-free...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by niwde11 View Post
    thumper; my cousin got a 2000 trooper this year. pinacheck nya sa Isuzu Baliwag(BMD). they replace turbo ang injectors for free. i dont think me warranty pa yun. maybe they have silent recall sa turbo and injectors. btw, according sa SA, nasa computer daw nila kung napalitan na yung turbo/injectors.
    Yup nidwell, looks like there is indeed a silent recall. I personally know two guys with units way past warranty period who got their injectors replaced for free. One was a 2001 model ( original owner ) with over 100,000 kms run, and the other was a second owner of a 2002 model. The latter just took a chance at Isuzu Alabang, and to his surprise and delight, pinalitan yung injectors. Possibly this unit was originally purchased and had complete service records at this dealership.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    sad to hear about these letdown stories of the trooper. ever since the trooper came out here in the country crush ko na iyan. and i always thought these vehicles were omnipotent...hindi pala.

hope you isuzu owners find a solution to your unfortunate and expensive problem. good luck!

bro niky: whats w/ the need for the trooper's engine to cool down properly? is this a diesel engine thing? or a turbo thing? pasensiya na sa tanong

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    thumper; my cousin got a 2000 trooper this year. pinacheck nya sa Isuzu Baliwag(BMD). they replace turbo ang injectors for free. i dont think me warranty pa yun. maybe they have silent recall sa turbo and injectors. btw, according sa SA, nasa computer daw nila kung napalitan na yung turbo/injectors.
    Ok talaga ang BMD Motors magagaling mga mekaniko nila maggalang pa. Sa ibang casa hindi gagawin yan ng walang bayad.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    sad to hear about these letdown stories of the trooper. ever since the trooper came out here in the country crush ko na iyan. and i always thought these vehicles were omnipotent...hindi pala.

hope you isuzu owners find a solution to your unfortunate and expensive problem. good luck!

bro niky: whats w/ the need for the trooper's engine to cool down properly? is this a diesel engine thing? or a turbo thing? pasensiya na sa tanong
    Turbo thing. Letting the vehicle idle for half-a-minute to five minutes after a hard run lets the hot oil circulate out of the turbos... otherwise, they might "cake" (not sure if it's "cake" or "coke"... what the heck... ) inside the narrow oil passages inside the turbo housing.

Of course, this is only preventative for long-term damage... the vehicle shouldn't give up the ghost after just two or three years of use if you don't follow this routine...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    whaaaaa???
    this isn't happening

seems my dream car could be a nightmare, good thing though that i read this cause i planned to swith to troopy guess i'll just stick with my safari

hope they can find a solution to whatever is wrong with the troopies

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bunso-com View Post
    whaaaaa???
    this isn't happening

seems my dream car could be a nightmare, good thing though that i read this cause i planned to swith to troopy guess i'll just stick with my safari

hope they can find a solution to whatever is wrong with the troopies
    Sa 4jx1 engine lang may problema.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    bunso-com; di naman lahat e me problema. para din syand D4D . pareho din ang injectors nila na gawa ng denso. pero di ko ibig sabihin na di magandang company ang denso ha. nagkataon lang siguro.
    paulchua; actually kung salitang tambay "medyo laos na yung problema" (figurative speech lang ha). daming ng lumabas na problema nyan dito dati pa. try mo seach mga thread regarding 4JX1 at isa sa mga tinamaan nito ay si kcboy. matinde galit nya sa makinang yan. meron di naman walang problema katulad ni redhorse at isang poster sa 4x4ph. me post nga syang pabiro na "these engines are not meant to be low revving". di ko lang alam kung me epekto yun. kaya eto maganda sa tsikot. nilalabas yung problema ng isang sasakyan(yung iba kasi apektado pag sinisiraan ang nabili nilang sasakyan). at isa ako sa nagpapasalamat dito. sa 4jg2 new facia ang nakuha ko since low budget lang ako.
    Last edited by niwde11; December 6th, 2006 at 09:36 PM.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    bunso-com; di naman lahat e me problema. para din syand D4D . pareho din ang injectors nila na gawa ng denso. pero di ko ibig sabihin na di magandang company ang denso ha. nagkataon lang siguro.
    paulchua; actually kung salitang tambay "medyo laos na yung problema" (figurative speech lang ha). daming ng lumabas na problema nyan dito dati pa. try mo seach mga thread regarding 4JX1 at isa sa mga tinamaan nito ay si kcboy. matinde galit nya sa makinang yan. meron di naman walang problema katulad ni redhorse at isang poster sa 4x4ph. me post nga syang pabiro na "these engines are not meant to be low revving". di ko lang alam kung me epekto yun. kaya eto maganda sa tsikot. nilalabas yung problema ng isang sasakyan(yung iba kasi apektado pag sinisiraan ang nabili nilang sasakyan). at isa ako sa nagpapasalamat dito. sa 4jg2 new facia ang nakuha ko since low budget lang ako.

salamat sa info sir yun nga baka sa akin pa tumama mga problema na yan hirap pa naman pera ngayun.. anong year range po ba ng 4jg2

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bunso-com View Post
    salamat sa info sir yun nga baka sa akin pa tumama mga problema na yan hirap pa naman pera ngayun.. anong year range po ba ng 4jg2
    up to 99. start yata sya ng 96(di ko sure). 99 4jg2 trooper same na nung face nung last generation trooper. wala lang silang fender flares. pero kung makakuha ka ng below 99, pwede mo paconvert sa new face. search mo yung thread ni kimpoy 98 trooper na ginawang 01 look.hth.

Page 4 of 65 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast
Protest Against Isuzu Trooper 2003 (PAIT)