New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    [SIZE=3]It is with GREAT DISAPPOINTMENT AND FRUSTRATION that I start this thread to document my complaint with regards to the unsatisfactory performance of “IZUZU TROPPER”.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I bought a 2003 model “IZUZU TROOPER” from GENCARS MAKATI and have been CONSISTENTLY FOLLOWING THE REQUIRED SERVICE SCHEDULES by ISUZU. My unit has been religiously maintained with their service center and I have NEVER MISSED A SERVICE SCHEDULE. I would also comment that despite their high cost of having my unit serviced by their service center, I decided to have my unit serviced by them to prevent any major problems which may result to engine malfunction. The cost and price of reliability!!! going home from baguio with your family sleeping and knowing that you will reach home safely!!! price of reliability![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]In middle of 2006, a defective part was found to cause a major problem in my unit and this was REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY. This part was identified as “oil-water control valve”. The cost of the defective part was made know to me in the amount of P70,000 and was replaced free of charge after investigation that IT WAS A DEFECTIVE PART COVERED UNDER WARRANTY. However THE AMOUNT OF TIME LOST AND DISCOMFORT CANNOT BE COMPENSATED.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I had my unit again in their service center for the 80,000 regular maintenance and paid a total of more than P20,000 three weeks ago. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]I am at a loss for words to inform you that after three weeks my unit is AGAIN DEFECTIVE. A tow truck was used to bring the unit back to their service center on a late Saturday night. To make matters worst, IT WAS THE SAME PROBLEM AS IT WAS BACK IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YEAR. The same part is defective. THE MALFUNCTION CAUSED WATER TO CROSS OVER TO THE ENGINE CYLINDER HEAD AND LIKEWISE OIL TO THE RADIATOR. The brand new “oil-water valve” which was REPLACED LAST MIDDLE OF THE YEAR IS DEFECTIVE AGAIN and this caused me IMMEASURABLE DISCOMFORT. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]To make matters worst, I was informed that the repair of my unit will over P150,000. I paid good money for my unit and likewise for the required service from your company. I may have made the mistake of buying the unit. It is ONLY THE HANDS OF THEIR SERVICE TECHNICIANS AND PARTS USED BY THEIR SERVICE CENTER that touched my unit. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]To summarize my complaint, I bought a brand new 2003 Isuzu Trooper. This unit is regularly serviced and maintained by Isuzu dealer, Gencar Motors, and a major part as found to be defective which resulted to damage to the engine and requires repair cost amounting to over P150,000. This is definitely a product that has a major defect. How could a brand new car, serviced by its own service center, have a major damage to the injector twice in over four months? [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]the technical report showed that there was a defect in the injector seal that caused the water to cross over to the cylinder head! DAMN![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]please email me if experience the same problem and get ISUZU recalled back to factory and off the road. DAMN hindi mura ang P1.7Million!!!!![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]mannyphph*yahoo.com[/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    sir, the injectors prob of the trooper is only somewhat common... my family have the same year model and we had the injectors replaced twice also... but all was under warranty together with some sensors also.. the same rpob as yours, the rubber seal sa injectors bumigay... the injector prob is somewhat common sa trooper... but the ones being replaced are already reconfigured or upgraded already... wala naman kami prob sa aming trooper already.. been running nice for quite sometime already.... and we use it for travelling long trips....

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The problem is that many Troopers are now out of the standard 3-year warranty coverage.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mazdamazda View Post
    The problem is that many Troopers are now out of the standard 3-year warranty coverage.
    hindi naman yata nag offer ng 3-yr warranty ang isuzu. 50K kms or 2yrs lang yata.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paulchua, we understand your frustration with your trooper, but you don't have to flood all the isuzu threads with your frustrated posts. all of your posts, save for this one, were already deleted, fyi.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    nag offer sila ng 3yr warranty, mga patapos na ata nun un 2004 or ng umpisa ng 2005

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    If that means 2004/05 models have a warranty until 2007/08? Those 2003 models' repair costs will be solely borne by the owner...tsk...tsk..tsk, big headache.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    That's why you see so many local troopers for sale at around the 40-50K odo range all the time.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My opinion.

Hmmm... I dont think its all Isuzu's fault ...
    After 3 years, 80TKM plus, ... please consider wear and tear, how the vehicle was used ( or abused) - which the manufacturer will never know.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Hmm, oo nga naman. How was the vehicle treated within those three years? Was the usage consistent with the manufacturer's recommendation as stated in the manual i.e. not intended for racing, rallying, overloading and the like? How about the use of improper/unspecified fuels, lubricants and fluids; was ample care taken to avoid this? Did the vehicle or any of its parts/components undergo unauthorized modification, or were improper accessories installed, adversely affecting overall vehicle performance?

Page 1 of 65 123451151 ... LastLast
Protest Against Isuzu Trooper 2003 (PAIT)