New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    sir, the injectors prob of the trooper is only somewhat common... my family have the same year model and we had the injectors replaced twice also... but all was under warranty together with some sensors also.. the same rpob as yours, the rubber seal sa injectors bumigay... the injector prob is somewhat common sa trooper... but the ones being replaced are already reconfigured or upgraded already... wala naman kami prob sa aming trooper already.. been running nice for quite sometime already.... and we use it for travelling long trips....
    great. congrats sir.
    i hope when your injectors start to give you problems, you can still use the warranty.. and i hope your engine does not get affected.

just in case it happens... ill be here to let you know the steps i took to stand up for my belief.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by paulchua View Post
    the vehicle was treated with care... never had another hand laid on my trooper. used only city driving, 3x baguio, never used for racing etc, no overloading, used philippine diseal from petron, caltex and shell, all lubricants and fluids were bought from isuzu gencars, never overheated, followed the regular service schedule. even had the radiator replaced because it was recommended by the service crew, never used a replacement part, all original as can be shown by the service record (it is in my possesion), no modification etc done because it is brand new vehicle.
    now i hope you understand my sentiments pare....
    As they say in CSI, "We're doing this to rule you out as a possible suspect." :D

Consider mo din yung competence ng service personnel na humawak sa ride mo. There are some reports that vehicle servicing is sometimes assigned to on-the-job trainees instead of fully qualified technicians, kaya nagkakaroon ng backjobs o kaya repeat defects.

In any case, another reason to stay far away from Isuzu, IMO.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why don't you try filing a complaint sa DTI?

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Considering na isuzu yan na ang reputasyon is bullet proof engine nga daw ndi na natin dapat himayin kung san pinagawa at kung sino ang gumawa at kung anong klaseng lube ang ginamit. Yung FM and crosswind ko si manong lang sa gasolnahan ang nag che change oil tantsiyahan lang ang pag lagay di naman nagkakaproblema. Ang point ko is talaga ngang may problema yung model na yan at dapat magawan ng solusyon ng ISUZU yan.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    So long as regularly Isuzu Dealer-serviced ang unit mo and properly fillrd up ang warranty/service booklet mo, even if more than 3 years old na ang Trooper, there is a good chance that your friendly Isuzu dealer will still replace the defective injectors for free. Kailangan makulit ka lang. This is based on my personal experience with my 2002 Trooper and at least three other friends.

After my injectors were replaced around 4 months ago, my Trooper is still running as good as when I bought it almost 5 years ago!

MAHAL LANG TALAGA ANG SERVICE SA CASA ! !

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by av8or5 View Post
    I share your sentiments on your problem. I too have a 2003 isuzu trooper bought at gencars batangas. Sad to say, the car performs eratically and problems with regards to fuel injectors of the vehicle is know to them as well. I have heard of the same stories over and over again. Sadly, Isuzu will not recall those vehicles even if outside the warranty period unlike if we were in the states. I guess because our laws are not that good.

My vehicle is showing signs of fuel injector problems when they check the compression or something like that when I had my car serviced a couple weeks back. The replacement parts and labor can cost me P10k-P13k. Although not the same as yours, it is within the fuel injector system of the vehicle. My car only has 32k kilometers.

sadly, it is an expensive car, which doesnt have the durability of isuzu engines. maybe the diesels and bad parts makes the cars reputation even worse.

I am already cotemplating on selling the vehicle, but the value is so low, that either i cash it in or just stick with the vehicle.

I just hope and pray that my vehicle wont incur a huge expense in years ahead or Ill make sure I dont buy any isuzu vehicles in my lifetime.

so sorry to hear your experience. I just hope that if many isuzu trooper owners reports this to the proper agencies, maybe they can do a recall...but knowing this country...good luck to us.
    Nag-loko narin pala Trooper mo. Sad to hear. Im also a victim of 4jx1 engine mine is 2000 Trooper. CRDi parts supplier of Isuzu and Toyota D4d is Denso so they share almost the same problem. Ang masmaganda lang sa D4d mas maaga lumalabas ang problema.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Most of the "free" replacement of injectors ( both within and beyond warranty period ) of Troopers I know were done either by Isuzu Alabang or Isuzu Pasig - which belong to the same company.

Sometimes it may not just the brand that is important, but also the dealer which you choose.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    true, not all dealers are the same. some are out to make bigger profits from unsuspecting customers. Ako i dont have my cars serviced at casa except the first 1k & 5k because free pa labor hehehe. Mostly pangit talaga service sa casa and long waiting time, coupled with incompetent service advisors who knew nothing about the cars they're servicing. after the free pms sa casa i just have it serviced sa company mechanic ko or sa mga gas stations

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hindi ba apektado warranty bratski? :D

10. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by thumper View Post
    Most of the "free" replacement of injectors ( both within and beyond warranty period ) of Troopers I know were done either by Isuzu Alabang or Isuzu Pasig - which belong to the same company.

Sometimes it may not just the brand that is important, but also the dealer which you choose.
    thumper; my cousin got a 2000 trooper this year. pinacheck nya sa Isuzu Baliwag(BMD). they replace turbo ang injectors for free. i dont think me warranty pa yun. maybe they have silent recall sa turbo and injectors. btw, according sa SA, nasa computer daw nila kung napalitan na yung turbo/injectors.

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast
Protest Against Isuzu Trooper 2003 (PAIT)