New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mdpo,

how much did the omes cost you? may series # ba yun or sabihin mo lang na pang trooper?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hi_johnp: For front shocks N65 while for the rear N15c. Yung coils naman... i forgot.. have to check on it. Kung papagawa ka sa rats alabang nalang coz they are more easy to deal with. Total damage for my ride is around 30k. Pero baka tumaas na sila coz the last time I went to change mine tataas na daw sila by next week so this we.k yun. But sulit yung ginastos coz the ride is definitely better. You can look for joey, tell him referred ka ni Mark.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sulit ba talaga? How soft yung ride? parang car na?

4. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    mdpo,
    much as i would like to, di ako makapunta dyan. i'm from the south (davao).
    i'm just asking para kung may time and money, bili din ako
    thanks for the info and have a good sleep in your pillow ride setup
    sabi nga nila: sleep tight, dont let the bed bugs bite

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    hi_johnp-PM me if youre interested sa OME we can arrange for you to buy from your place.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Beefy: Para sa akin sulit naman... medyo masakit lang for a few days... 30k ba naman.. but after a few more days you will come to realize na laki din pala improvement. You can ask wiretap coz I believe pinalitan din nya setup ng trooper nila.

hi_johnp: pwede ka kay arb bumili mura din price nya tsikot member pa baka may special discount hehee.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mdpo. i'm also thinking of upgrading my pajero pero i'm not sure kung sulit ba talaga. I changed my tires na and gulat ko kasi sobrang gumanda yung ride.. now di ko alam kung malaki talaga igaganda ng shocks.. thanks

8. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Mdpo (and other OME gurus out there). Was thinking of doing the same set-up on my Trooper 2001 4x2. Mind if i ask some specific questions on your new OME setup?

1. Has body roll during cornering been improved?

2. When changing lanes above 80km does it feel more stable? (parang may delay and some body-roll when i do it with stock setup)

3. When going thru uneven roads like a lot of asphat patches- less matagtag ba?

4. What tire pressure are you using and stock tires?

I'm also looking for a more comfortable ride, but at the same time a more stable suspension - para more confident when driving at higher speeds. Will OME setup help?

Thanks, sorry for all the questions...hehehe medyo mabigat ng sa wallet. That's why thinking 2-5x about it. ;)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    borrowed wiretap_md's comment.

You said it well OTEP. Here are my observations with our Trooper 2002 before we had the suspension setup:

1.Boat-ride quality. Try doing a lane-change while at high speed. You'll feel as if the Trooper's rear "remains" in the current lane while you swerve to the opposite lane. Ayaw yata gusto mag lane change yung likod.

2. Do the brake-dive test. Brake moderate to hard and feel the front of the Trooper dive.

3. Cornering test. Sobra ang dipping, body roll, and lateral movement.

Solution? This is what we did:
    1. OLD MAN EMU Front and Rear shocks
    2. Rear OLD MAN EMU coil springs
    3. Crank front torsion bars
    4. 295/65 tires on 18-inch rims.

Result? None of the above.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Personal comment ko.. i guess same as above I am using stock tires and rims at 28psi. Di na sya matagtag soft na ang ride. Plus handling greatly improved haven't tried cornering at fast speed siguro most is 40-60 and it's ok. Mas mabilis na ang takbo ko... coz before kinakabahan ako dahil sa ride even b4 reaching 100 in uneven roads. Now nakakalampas na pala ako ng 100 hehehe.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Old Man Emu 4 My Trooper