New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    ayaw pa kasi gawing I-TEQ eh....

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    What is good sa crosswind is the durability of the engine 4ja1 and easy to maintain. Less electronic unlike new car now. It serve it purpose ika nga sa mga bumibili. Kaya may market parin yung isuzu dyan. Kung gusto mo nga naman ng SUV bumili ka ng alterra kasi if they upgrade the engine and the chassis hindi na AUV ang crosswind. Saka eto pala advantage ng 4ja1 matipid. Crosswind is not design para tumakbo ng mabilis max 120KPH okay na sa road ng philippines you dont need an AUV na sobrang bilis kundi marollover ka hehehe saka most traffic dito sa Metro Manila unlike kung laging NLEX ang biyahe mo.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    OHV turns me off. Shame on GM and its partners.

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post
    What is good sa crosswind is the durability of the engine 4ja1 and easy to maintain. Less electronic unlike new car now. It serve it purpose ika nga sa mga bumibili. Kaya may market parin yung isuzu dyan. Kung gusto mo nga naman ng SUV bumili ka ng alterra kasi if they upgrade the engine and the chassis hindi na AUV ang crosswind. Saka eto pala advantage ng 4ja1 matipid. Crosswind is not design para tumakbo ng mabilis max 120KPH okay na sa road ng philippines you dont need an AUV na sobrang bilis kundi marollover ka hehehe saka most traffic dito sa Metro Manila unlike kung laging NLEX ang biyahe mo.
    guys, i want to share this [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPbooaMWOkE&feature=related"]YouTube- Understanding: Computer Chip Based Car Engines[/ame]

taken from owner vehicle his car computer burned out due to a surge caused by a faulty sparkplug,That faulty £5 plug cost him £600,That would not happen in a conventional ignition system.again, due to that another consequences,Due to unburnt fuel getting into the catalytic converter that to was also destroyed with a further £300 to replace it.(when it rain it pours)

also another guy had daewo leganza the computer that controlled the heating broke down during winter,The dealer wanted £1500 for a new one,This guy only paid £2000 for the car,He managed to get one from the scrap yard for £50. (this one a computer chip dedicated for climate controlled i guess)

that video looks on the 80's or 90's if im not mistaken(7-8 computer chips on board??)
    then how much more the latest & advance CRDi engine ,how many computers chips on board?? and one of these faulty?? well if you have money to shell out, no big deal, how about life on board???? its priceless.....

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    While the Crosswind is relatively maintenance free, an old gasoline engine with a carb and points is a monstrously fiddly car that needs a retune every other week (if you're lucky) or every morning (if you're not). :hysterical:

A Daewoo Leganza sucks not because it's computer controlled. It sucks because it's a Daewoo.

It's not very often you get a computer failure... and... so what? Older cars, you had to deal with (expensive) carburetors that went bad all the time and went out of tune every few thousand kilometers... distributor caps (thank God they're gone) which wore out very quickly and cost a fortune to replace... and these things made a hash of tuning vehicles... which made them much more likely to run too rich (damaging cats and diluting engine oil) or too lean (damaging pistons).

New cars have a host of electronics that do break down... but not that often... and I don't know about you, but I'd rather be stuck with the bill for a worn-out MAF (around 5,000 bucks) than a bill for a new carb (around 15,000+++).

And a new cam position sensor, which is a must for cars with no distributor, is cheaper (at under 5k) than a new distributor (20-30k).

Okay... electronic throttles and steering suck... but give them time, and they'll get better...

While I'm happy with my Crosswind, no way am I going back to an old-school gas car... ever. And modern computer systems are continuously evolving... modern ECUs are much more reliable than before (unless you happen to own an Optra...) and make many new cars pretty foolproof.

-

The one big issue with modern direct injection diesels is that the injectors themselves cost a mint.... but a computer controlled low-pressure diesel will give you much better emissions than an old Crosswind without costing much more in terms of maintenance.

They can't sell the 4JA1 anymore in Japan or the US because there's no way in hell they can get it to pass modern emissions standards. Too bad for them... we can still enjoy its low-maintenance goodness.
    Last edited by niky; May 28th, 2010 at 08:56 PM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

6. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    They can't sell the 4JA1 anymore in Japan or the US because there's no way in hell they can get it to pass modern emissions standards. Too bad for them... we can still enjoy its low-maintenance goodness.
    [SIZE="4"]Tumpak![/SIZE] Classic example of by not being the most advanced and sophisticated gives you the "advantage".

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    No offense to XUV owners...

Take a look at the crazy prices!

Not worth it. I had a Crosswind XT taken apart at the shop for some work, grabe puro lang talaga accessories at decoration. Dun sa mga unseen parts puro cost cutting at shortcuts. Even the interior plastics are worse than some China cars.

As a workhorse ok ang Crosswind, but as a luxury vehicle, it falls short for me.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Even the interior plastics are worse than some China cars.
    Not to mention the soft-as-butter metal in the body and hinges. I leaned my hands on the roof of ours while stretching and put a dent in the B-pillar roof hoop.

Only reason we have an XUVi is because it was company-paid and that's what the company wanted to buy... an Isuzu. If I were spending my own money, I wouldn't go higher than a base XT.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by nap123 View Post

ur right nap, ung 09 xuv ko, nagmax lang ng 140, wala nang ibigay, no need for that speed though. so far, wala pa akong nakita o nabalitaang nag-roll-over na xwind unlike pajero at fortuner.
    buti na lang hindi ako umabot sa 2010 xwind, sad to say, am pangit ng front garnish nila, parang pinipilit maging dagul, na hindi naman bagay.....
    i bought mine for the purpose of getting from point a to point b safe and sound.....and for the mileage, too...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    crosswind xuv for me is okay and not to mention taas resale nila ha mine is 2003 and lagpas 560t pa resale sakin . kaso the new crosswinds ay sobrang OA na.. imagine 1M+ for a decade old design car and engine. if i have the money, mag everest nalang ako or monterosport.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast