New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Hi Isuzu gurus,

Just got my 2000 XTRM recently. Got it for 290k, 1st owned, generally well maintained, with 125k kms on it. So far I could say I'm quite satisified with it; engine is good, economical, though medyo mausok compared to other diesels, and I like the aggressive/macho stance Medyo matalbog nga lang, pero sanay na naman ako w/ my Adventure before. Pansin ko lang minsan mausok siya kahit naka idle lang, is this normal? Also, balak ko sana palitan foglamps with a higher wattage, does anyone have an idea what the bulb type is? Thanks in advance, and hope to learn more from you guys

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Just follow the regular oil and filter change (at least at 4000 kms), fuel filter once a year (very cheap – Vic or Bosch replacement at less than P200) with regular air filter clean-up (atleast every month) and you will be fine. Very fuel efficient with an average of 10 + kms/li within city streets.

About the fog lamps, make sure that the lens / reflector are clean enough – kung hindi nabaha or whatever, otherwise any stock new or higher wattage bulb will be useless.

Check the existing isuzu highlander / crosswind threads for more tips and answers.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    Just follow the regular oil and filter change (at least at 4000 kms), fuel filter once a year (very cheap – Vic or Bosch replacement at less than P200) with regular air filter clean-up (atleast every month) and you will be fine. Very fuel efficient with an average of 10 + kms/li within city streets.

About the fog lamps, make sure that the lens / reflector are clean enough – kung hindi nabaha or whatever, otherwise any stock new or higher wattage bulb will be useless.

Check the existing isuzu highlander / crosswind threads for more tips and answers.
    Wow less than P200 for the fuel filter, sarap naman nun:2thumbsup: My next oilchange is at 130k kms, and I'm actually doing around 10 kms/ltr on my daily Antipolo-Makati route. Thanks for the help, I'm also planning to have the lens cleaned prior to changing the bulbs.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    Wow less than P200 for the fuel filter, sarap naman nun:2thumbsup: My next oilchange is at 130k kms, and I'm actually doing around 10 kms/ltr on my daily Antipolo-Makati route. Thanks for the help, I'm also planning to have the lens cleaned prior to changing the bulbs.

sir, may i also suggest to better increase FC is to have ur engine tuned up also sa 130k check up.. and waht i did is also chage my fuel filter evry change oil... whats a PHP200 worth filter compare sa injection pump pa masira... hehehehe.... and the air cleaner changed every 20,000 kms...

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    XTRM Hilander? Ito yon Trooper-look alike with moldings/sidings? And only 4-stud bolts sa gulong?

Alagaan mo lang, bro. The 4ja1 engine is sturdy, albeit noisy and "smokey". Definitely way better than its Toyota FX contemporary.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    sir, may i also suggest to better increase FC is to have ur engine tuned up also sa 130k check up.. and waht i did is also chage my fuel filter evry change oil... whats a PHP200 worth filter compare sa injection pump pa masira... hehehehe.... and the air cleaner changed every 20,000 kms...

thanks sa tip sir, will do that saang casa ba ang recommended, w/in Metro Manila?

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerbo View Post
    XTRM Hilander? Ito yon Trooper-look alike with moldings/sidings? And only 4-stud bolts sa gulong?

Alagaan mo lang, bro. The 4ja1 engine is sturdy, albeit noisy and "smokey". Definitely way better than its Toyota FX contemporary.

Yup, ito nga yun bro, natutuwa nga ko kasi parang Trooper nga siya, or parang hilander on steroids Nakkakahiya lang minsan pag kailangan humataw mausok talaga kita ko kaagad sa side mirror ko, lalo na kung loaded, pero white smoke naman siya hindi yung mala pusit na itim ng mga jeep at bus

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by fabilioh View Post
    thanks sa tip sir, will do that saang casa ba ang recommended, w/in Metro Manila?

Thanks

where r u from b sir??? it all depends naman kung san ka pabor, kc some say that this casa is pangit but some would say ok lang.. kaya it would depend on your choice.. myabe try the casa where the unit was bought by the first owner...

9. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jarhead View Post
    where r u from b sir??? it all depends naman kung san ka pabor, kc some say that this casa is pangit but some would say ok lang.. kaya it would depend on your choice.. myabe try the casa where the unit was bought by the first owner...

antipolo kasi ako sir, ang alam ko isuzu manila binili ito, pero since then sa isuzu commonwealth na siya nagpapa service, near their place.

10. FrankDrebin Guest
    I'm using my 2002 Isuzu Highlander XTRM since 2003. Below are some of my comments:

PRO:
    1. Low-maintenance engine - 4 liters lang ang gagamitin na oil at 200 petots below ang mga replacement filters unlike sa Revo and Adventures.
    2. High Ground Clearance - swabe sa baha
    3. Very efficient fuel consumption
    4. Sturdy suspension parts.

CONS:
    1. Puny front wheel bearing - Mabilis masira dahil masyadong maliit para sa XTRM. Halos kasing laki lang ng front bearing ng Kia Pride. :D
    2. Weak brakes - I'm not sure if the Michelin LTX tires make it worst, but some non-AT tires will improve its braking-grip capability or use a high-end Brake pads.
    3. Weak and lousy door hinges.
    4. Vintage Look. :D
    Last edited by FrankDrebin; October 27th, 2008 at 03:40 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
New XTRM Owner