New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmags View Post
    Pero diba mas mataas tire pressure mas tipid naman sa fuel?
    True. But his concern is "bumpy ride". So he should reduce the air in his tires -- which would subsequently result to a bit of increase in FC.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    hehehe choice of bumpy or FC....

may parts ba na affected or masisira if matagtag or mataas pressure ng gulong...upto what pressure ba kaya ng gulong ng sportivo?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by carlmags View Post
    hehehe choice of bumpy or FC....

may parts ba na affected or masisira if matagtag or mataas pressure ng gulong...upto what pressure ba kaya ng gulong ng sportivo?
    From my point of view, wala namang parts na masisira that can directly be attributed to high tire pressure --- talagang matagtag lang. (yung utak siguro nung sakay nung Crosswind ang makakalog at masisira... hehehe!)

As to the "maximum" tire pressure the tire could take, kaya siguro kahit na 50psi but the question is; "Why would you want to do that?" I would suggest that you stick to the recommended tire pressure as stated in the notuice located at the B-Pillar. Should you want to add more as recommended, not so much.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    True. But his concern is "bumpy ride". So he should reduce the air in his tires -- which would subsequently result to a bit of increase in FC.
    ^^^ thank's bro, would greatly consider it.
    A little bit OT; with a tire pressure of front 30psi / rear 34 psi compared to my present front 34psi / rear 38psi - can i say the lesser psi would grip the road more than a higher psi ? And cons is just the fuel consumption, how about speed ?

5. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    A little bit OT; with a tire pressure of front 30psi / rear 34 psi compared to my present front 34psi / rear 38psi - can i say the lesser psi would grip the road more than a higher psi? And cons is just the fuel consumption. Logically speaking --- yes. Having less air in the tire would "flatten" the tire; such would result to more rubber in contact with the ground.

how about speed? Technically, less air in tire should affect the speed too -- since less air in tire would make the tire "heavier". But it'll be quite difficult to really notice the difference.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Benzmizer View Post
    From my point of view, wala namang parts na masisira that can directly be attributed to high tire pressure --- talagang matagtag lang. (yung utak siguro nung sakay nung Crosswind ang makakalog at masisira... hehehe!)

As to the "maximum" tire pressure the tire could take, kaya siguro kahit na 50psi but the question is; "Why would you want to do that?" I would suggest that you stick to the recommended tire pressure as stated in the notuice located at the B-Pillar. Should you want to add more as recommended, not so much.
    ok thanks pre...

ako kasi normally para wala ng ganung isip isip pinagpapantay pantay ko na lang psi hehehe ...lalo na pag long drive para makatipid sa gas hehehe tinataasan ko talaga ang psi.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
matagtag