New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dagol View Post
    Kaya mahal dahil kasama si Daisy sa package deal, este "decibel".Just kidding
    puwede, hehe.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Chief, the Crosswind is not as fuel-efficient as the 3-litre Isuzu engines plugged into the Ddi-iTEQ Alterra and DMax.... and comparing the 2.5-litre and 3.2-litre Mitsu Strada or Montysport (we also have a 2010 Montysports by my in-laws next door), on the other hand, they too are not as fuel-efficient as our Philippine-DMaxsiado.

Here's also a fuel-efficiency run conducted by the Department of Energy in 2008:
    http://www.alternat1ve.com/biofuel/2008/10/26/top-10-cars-in-the-philippines-in-fuel-economy/

The highlight of the article as quoted en toto:

Majority of the vehicles who made this list have diesel engines. But this shouldn’t be surprising considering that diesel engines have higher energy conversion efficiencies than gasoline engines.

These cars were:
    1. Suzuki Alto 0.8L MT Gas – P1.38/km (34 km per liter)
    2. Hyundai Getz 1.5L MT Diesel – P1.82/km (25.22 km/liter)
    3. Hyundai Accent 1.5L MT Diesel – P1.97/km (23.38 km/liter)
    4. Mercedes Benz C-180K 1.8L AT Gas – P2.07/km (22.70km/liter)
    5. Toyota Vios 1.3L MT Gas – P2.08/km-(22.67 km/liter)
    6. Ford Focus 2.0L MT Diesel – P2.15/km (21.39km/liter)
    7. Kia Picanto 1.1 AT Gas – P2.18/km (21.60 km/liter)
    8. BMW 320D 2.0L AT Diesel – P2.24/km (20.53 km/liter)
    9. Isuzu DMAX Lt 4×2 2.5L MT Diesel – P2.24/km (20.57 km/liter)
    10. Isuzu Alterra 4×2 3.0L MT diesel – P2.37/km (19.44 km/liter)

The route taken during the test was from the DOE compound to Subic (via Edsa), then to the NLEx then finally SCTEx. After reaching Subic cars returned to the DOE compound. Length of run was 333 km.
    wala bang yung bago lang like 2010 reviews and comparisons?

regarding slow acceleration of crosswinds, kapag nasa highway ka naman, umo-overtake ka lang kapag nababagalan ka sa harap mo hindi ba. let me say yung nasa harap mo tumatakbo lang ng 60kph, I'm sure hahataw pa ang crosswind dito. pero kung yung nasa harap mo tumatakbo na ng 80kph, hirap na ang crosswind dito but again, hindi na ganun kabagal ang 80kph na takbo. hayaan nalang.

never driven a crosswind pero naka-drive na ako ng revo diesel (no turbo pa ito) na kasingkupad ng crosswind at advie diesel.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by kkreuk18 View Post
    Di pa rin yan normal driving conditions. di naman palagi dadaan ng express ways, case to case basis yan fuel consumption(route+driver skills). Sa stop and go condition di matipid yan mga 3liter engine, siguro sa madaming pera.
    Dito lang sa Cavite di aabot ng 15km/li yan dmax at alterra(both 3.0L), Barely 12 lang, un xwind kaya 15km/li. Syempre matipid ang mga bigger displacement kapag long drive at less traffic. Pero sa combined city/highway syempre un maliit.

Chief, you may assume every scenario you want apart from the DOE findings.... You can conduct your own test run and publicise it hehe

My question: Bakit yung mga smaller displacement diesels na 1.5-litre to 2-litre diyan sa listahan (it being mas malaki pa rin ang 2.5-litre Crosswind, and as you said, "in a long-distance run mas pabor ang malaking displacement kaya tipid ang DMax-siado kaysa Crosswind), mas tipid pa rin sa DMax at Alterra in a mix city- and off-city driving conditions at ni-isa man walang Crosswind na 1997 pa ang makina ahihi .... Come to think of it, ang isang DMax diyan ay 2.5-litre diesel din with a 4JA1-TC engine ahihi....

Hindi kasing-tipid ng Crosswind ang DMax at Alterra ibig sabihin niyan, as consistently validated by other cars present during the test ranging from less than 1000cc and up. This test by the Department of Energy is based on a consensus and scientific run of stock- or factory-trim vehicles.

Not dissing out the Crosswind kasi highly-dependable naman at meron din kami chief, 2001 XT, to be fair sa discussion na ito....

Chief, at ganito naman halos fuel consumption ng 3-litre Ddi-iTEQ DMaxsiado at 85 kilometres per hour straight at 1750 rpm along NLEX, which is 21.5 km per litre.

Have a nice day....

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ben_david19 View Post
    wala bang yung bago lang like 2010 reviews and comparisons?

regarding slow acceleration of crosswinds, kapag nasa highway ka naman, umo-overtake ka lang kapag nababagalan ka sa harap mo hindi ba. let me say yung nasa harap mo tumatakbo lang ng 60kph, I'm sure hahataw pa ang crosswind dito. pero kung yung nasa harap mo tumatakbo na ng 80kph, hirap na ang crosswind dito but again, hindi na ganun kabagal ang 80kph na takbo. hayaan nalang.

never driven a crosswind pero naka-drive na ako ng revo diesel (no turbo pa ito) na kasingkupad ng crosswind at advie diesel.
    Chief, siguro po kahit may 2010 fuel-efficiency run ang DOE parehas pa rin naman chief lalabas sa DMax at Crosswind, kasi ang DMax hindi nagbago't 2004 model pa makina nito at lalo na po ang Crosswind na hanggang ngaun 1997 non-CRDi pa rin ang makina....

Ali co pu taga-Pampanga o Tarlac, given by your family name "David"?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    I'm just thinking has anyone tried an engine swap, replacing crosswind's decade old engine with a newer or more powerful engine like the 4JB1 2.8L Turbo.

Will this be doable? what do you think should be considered in doing this? I friend of mine who is somehow related to IPC told me once that they've tried this before but the problem is they need to replace the entire brake system. I'm not sure with the suspension if it needs replacement too..

I'm also thinking that will the engine really fit the engine bay? or there will be problem when it vibrate..

I know our crosswind was not built with power in mind just fuel efficiency and ease of maintenance.. I'm just toying with the idea and for discussion purposes too.

Perhaps we should have a dedicated thread for this.. what do you think?
    Last edited by TholitzReloaded; March 31st, 2011 at 07:04 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post
    I'm just thinking has anyone tried an engine swap, replacing crosswind's decade old engine with a newer or more powerful engine like the 4JB1 2.8L Turbo.

Will this be doable? what do you think should be considered in doing this? I friend of mine who is somehow related to IPC told me once that they've tried this before but the problem is they need to replace the entire brake system. I'm not sure with the suspension if it needs replacement too..

I'm also thinking that will the engine really fit the engine bay? or there will be problem when it vibrate..

I know our crosswind was not built with power in mind just fuel efficiency and ease of maintenance.. I'm just toying with the idea and for discussion purposes too.

The engine will definitely fit the crosswind, sister model ang 4ja1 & 4jb1 (albeit with the same engine mounts), question is will the differential be able to handle the additonal power? If the answer is getting the differential or a surplus axle assembly of the trooper might as well include the disk break system of the trooper to improve stopping power.

Since the idea is swapping the engine might as well install an automatic plus an intercooler to the engine to max out the engine potential. That'll be a worth it solution...

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TholitzReloaded View Post

Kaya kung sa kaya kaso laking cost dahil madami papalitan brake system, tranny/differential, suspension needs strengthening etc. Gaya ng 4d56 Pajero na nilagyan ng 4m40 na makina. Pero kung may extra cash, why not. But for me sayang lang eh. Benta na lang Xwind din bili ng SUV.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    or better yet, gawing CRDi yung Xwind. plus better turbo and may intercooler na. AFAIK alam ko la pa siya noon di ba?

9. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by denvir View Post
    good day po! bumili po kc kami ng sportivo xmax, ask ko lang kung normal po ba na ung max speed nya lang eh 120 kph lang? salamat po
    brand new pa po kasi sportivo nyo...kelangan pa ng break in nyan...run it hard na lang po lagi pag sa strectch hi way para masanay yung engine....yun sportivo 2005 ko,120KPH lang din takbo ko lagi pero may ibibilis pa...kaso di naman ako kaskasero...mabilis na sa akin yung 120kph...nakikipaghabulan din minsan ako sa hiway,pero pag di kaya talaga,tamang buntot na lang ako...nasa driver din naman minsan...madalas nga ako maka karera ng strada pag pa manila ako galing bicol,sa bilis ng takbo ko at pag overtake ko,lumampas na ako dun sa diversion road sa tiaong to manila,dun tuloy ako napadaan sa kabayanan ng tiaong quezon...hehe... sa gabi kasi parang mas safe magpa bilis ng takbo kumpara sa araw....

10. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by hinDMaxsiado View Post
    Chief, the Crosswind is not as fuel-efficient as the 3-litre Isuzu engines plugged into the Ddi-iTEQ Alterra and DMax.... and comparing the 2.5-litre and 3.2-litre Mitsu Strada or Montysport (we also have a 2010 Montysports by my in-laws next door), on the other hand, they too are not as fuel-efficient as our Philippine-DMaxsiado.

Here's also a fuel-efficiency run conducted by the Department of Energy in 2008:
    http://www.alternat1ve.com/biofuel/2008/10/26/top-10-cars-in-the-philippines-in-fuel-economy/

The highlight of the article as quoted en toto:

Majority of the vehicles who made this list have diesel engines. But this shouldn’t be surprising considering that diesel engines have higher energy conversion efficiencies than gasoline engines.

These cars were:
    1. Suzuki Alto 0.8L MT Gas – P1.38/km (34 km per liter)
    2. Hyundai Getz 1.5L MT Diesel – P1.82/km (25.22 km/liter)
    3. Hyundai Accent 1.5L MT Diesel – P1.97/km (23.38 km/liter)
    4. Mercedes Benz C-180K 1.8L AT Gas – P2.07/km (22.70km/liter)
    5. Toyota Vios 1.3L MT Gas – P2.08/km-(22.67 km/liter)
    6. Ford Focus 2.0L MT Diesel – P2.15/km (21.39km/liter)
    7. Kia Picanto 1.1 AT Gas – P2.18/km (21.60 km/liter)
    8. BMW 320D 2.0L AT Diesel – P2.24/km (20.53 km/liter)
    9. Isuzu DMAX Lt 4×2 2.5L MT Diesel – P2.24/km (20.57 km/liter)
    10. Isuzu Alterra 4×2 3.0L MT diesel – P2.37/km (19.44 km/liter)
    The route taken during the test was from the DOE compound to Subic (via Edsa), then to the NLEx then finally SCTEx. After reaching Subic cars returned to the DOE compound. Length of run was 333 km.
    They're just as fuel efficient at highway speeds, (the highest I've heard of for the Crosswind in similar conditions is about 20 km/l) but in traffic, those big engines aren't as good as a manual Crosswind.

When mine was new, it could get 12+++ km/l in the heaviest traffic. The 3.0 in the DMax can't do that.

There's a big difference between a 300 kilometer run, done at a steady 80 km/h on the highway drafting other cars, and actual, day-to-day driving... though I have seen 16-20 km/l from a Focus and about 15-17 km/l in traffic from the Alto.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
makupad po ba talaga sportivo TURBO?